View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #138
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm gonna do it! I know it's mad, and I've left it late, but I will. I WILL! here's my questionnaire:

1. Which of the four hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin) do you identify with the most? Pippin
2. Why? He is so young and silly and I feel like that some (OK most) of the time, despite being an ancient 18 now! 18 and 2 days, to be precise
3. Is there another hobbit besides those four that you identify with more? Ellie Took
4. Where did that hobbit come from? (Fanfic? RPG? Tolkien?) She is my Hobbit from the Green Dragon, and because that is free playing she is completely me!
5. What's your favorite walking song? Don’t know- I haven’t started yet
6. What's your favorite Middle-Earth walking song? To Rivendell, Where Elves yet dwell…
7. Do you sing it to a tune? Which one/where did you get it? From the BBCs Lord of the Rings radio
8. What's your primary method of getting to Rivendell? (Walking, running, biking... etc.) Walking
9. Secondary method of getting to Rivendell? (walking running etc.) Cycling
10. If you had a Shire-pony what would you name him or her? Elanor
11. Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your hobbit-knapsack and why? A book, for breaks
12. Are you travelling alone or with other Rivendell walkers, and do they have hobbit-alter-egos? Alone, unfortunately. People think I’m nuts!
13. Many of you have or will post quotes from the book about walking-- but for this quiz, pick one that stands out the most in your mind, and then tell us why you like it or what it means to you.
14. In hobbit-society, have you come of age yet (33) or not? Nope
What you can/cannot tolerate/enjoy about the Shire that we're leaving behind:
15. Pipes: yes or no? Don’t smoke
16. Ale: yes or no? Don’t drink
17. Gardens: Yes or no? If yes, would you rather walk through, or weed & dig? Like gardens, not so keen on gardening!
18. Living below ground: yes or no? Not too keen…
19. Dancing the Sprinkle Ring: yes or no? It’s fantastic!
20. Huge parties: yes or no? Brilliant!!!!!
21. What you like the least about The Shire? Nothing, I love it all
22. Where you would want your summer cottage (or smial)? Ithilien
23. Where you would settle in for the winter? The Great Smials, I love the adventurous Tooks
24. What would your hobbittish proffession be? I want to be a teacher
25. This one is for Dragoneyes: Will you try walking barefoot at some point, and what is your plan for doing it safely? No, sorry. Not in London!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote