View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 08:12 PM   #80
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

1. Which hobbit: Frodo
2. Why? His interest in elves, his studies, and his night-ramblings and eccentricity
3. Is there another hobbit: Lindo, or Bolco... hard to decide.
4. Where did that hobbit come from? Bolco from a fanfic, Lindo from The Lonely Star RPG. Lindo is a poet/singer, Bolco goes through a mystical journey.
5. What's your favorite walking song?
6. What's your favorite Middle-Earth walking song? "The Road goes ever on and On" (but see next question.)
7. Do you sing it to a tune? Which one/where did you get it? --Waly Waly, or "The Water is Wide". It gives it a very melancholy and wistful sound which actually makes it too slow to walk to.
8. What's your primary method of getting to Rivendell? --Walking
9. Secondary method of getting to Rivendell? --None yet! But probably swimming, come warmer weather.
10. If you had a Shire-pony what would you name him or her? -- Stormy. (Dark dapple grey)
11. Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your hobbit-knapsack and why? A Tinwhistle! (Dragoneyes!) Because they are indestructible, and they sound nice, and they're easy to play. And they would also serve as an emergency signal (like Boromir's Horn, sort of.)
12. Are you travelling alone or with other Rivendell walkers, and do they have hobbit-alter-egos? --I have a walking companion three times a week. She is also most like Frodo. (She and I are long-lost twins mysteriously separated by twenty years of age. We don't know why.)
13. quotes that stands out the most in your mind: From The Council of Elrond:
Quote:
'I feel ready for anything, ' answered Frodo. 'But most of all I should like to go walking today and explore the valley. I should like to get into those pine-woods over there.' He pointed away up the far side of Rivendell to the North.
14. In hobbit-society, have you come of age yet (33) or not? --Yes.
What you can/cannot tolerate/enjoy about the Shire that we're leaving behind:
15. Pipes: yes or no? --No thanks!
16. Ale: yes or no? --No, thanks...
17. Gardens: Yes or no? If yes, would you rather walk through, or weed & dig? --Yes; but I have gotten lazy, and walk through without weeding or working.
18. Living below ground: yes or no? ---Maybe. If the windows were on the south side and REALLY big and the ventilation was excellent and there was a fireplace in every room and...
19. Dancing the Sprinkle Ring: yes or no? --you betcha.
20. Huge parties: yes or no? --No thanks. I'll dance the sprinkle-ring and then hide.
21. What you like the least about The Shire? Smoky rooms...
22. Where you would want your summer cottage (or smial)? Up by Evendim or near one of the rivers.
23. Where you would settle in for the winter?
--Maybe Tuckborough or Overhill... Or Long Cleeve.
24. What would your hobbittish proffession be? --potter.
25. This one is for Dragoneyes: Will you try walking barefoot at some point, and what is your plan for doing it safely? --Yes. I wear birkenstock sandals anyway, so I will take them off for a little bit longer each day-- that is, once it gets warm outside!