View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #828
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Next to a walker's name you will see something looking like this: (## m.) That shows how many miles they have walked since our last update.
Nurumaiel: Thanks for keeping our list updated. I like having my additional mileage shown next to my total.

What a cold, miserable night! No fire, no decent food, wet blankets...whose idea was this, anyway? The rain stopped just before dawn, but it remained very foggy and misty for most of the day. Strider kept stopping to listen for hoofbeats on the road (a very muddy procedure as he puts his ear to the ground each time), but there was neither sight nor sound of the Riders. We'll cross the Last Bridge tomorrow, and then it's back into the hills. I'm really getting hungry! I sure hope Elrond is planning a feast for us.

--------------------

"I don't see how our food can be made to last," said Frodo. "We have been careful enough in the last few days, and this supper is no feast; but we have used more than we ought, if we have two weeks still to go, and perhaps more."

"There is food in the wild," said Strider; "berry, root, and herb; and I have some skill as a hunter at need. You need not be afraid of starving before winter comes. But gathering and catching food is long and weary work, and we need haste. So tighten your belts, and think with hope of the tables of Elrond's house!"