View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 10:29 AM   #826
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

A lot of people have been confused about the (## m.) next to their name on the update page. I was PMed about it, which gave me the chance to explain in full, and I'm going to paste that here, too, so no one will get confused.

This is the original, which I thought might explain well enough

Quote:
Next to a walker's name you will see something looking like this: (## m.) That shows how many miles they have walked since our last update.
but it doesn't, so I've explained in more detail.

Quote:
Both of them are miles.

The one immediately after your name is the total amount of miles you have walked (as found in the FROM: space).

The one in parantheses is how many miles you have walked since our last mileage update.

If I updated the list on July 11th and I had walked 160 miles then, and then on July 26th updated it again and had walked 200 miles by that time, it would have (40 m.) next to my name because that was how far I had walked since July 11th, our last update.
I don't know about everyone else, but having that next to my name really gives me a boost in walking. If I've gone quite awhile since our last update, I can feel encouraged and know I'm making it. If I've only gone a short way, I can wake up and say, "Oops, I need to get moving!"

But does that make sense now?