View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 02:13 PM   #814
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Quote:
Congratulations to Aerowen, the first Barrow-Downer to reach Rivendell!! You can see her name on the
Rivendell Page of the Éowyn Challenge site. A triple hurray for Aerowen!!
Thankee Esty and Horse-maiden :-)

Yes yes, I know I haven't posted in a near forever, but that doesn't matter. I always lurk.

Now, how did I do it, you may ask. Mostly walking or running, but some biking as well. I'm on the track and cross-country team at school and we were 'required' (more like asked, but if you wanted to get better, and stay in shape over the summer..) to run/jog/walk 6 miles for each sport (a total of 12 miles per day for myself) and in the end, it just all added up with the track meets we had, the training, the practices, etc. Plus, I was determined ;-)

Now, how that one Wizard person wants to walk 1000 miles, well, that's amazing. But now, I'm still running/walking/jogging...around a track, it seems. :-P

You have walked 535 miles.
You have reached Rivendell! (458)
You have been jogging around the Hidden Valley running track for 77 miles!

Frodo woke and found himself lying in bed. At first he thought that he had slept late, after a long unpleasant dream that still hovered on the edge of memory. Or perhaps he had been ill? But the ceiling looked strange; it was flat, and it had dark beams richly carved. He lay a little while longer looking at patches of sunlight on the wall, and listening to the sound of a waterfall.

Good luck to the rest of you! You still have 143 days left. If you're going to be like Esty and I (attempting to walk to Rivendell twice) you have to walk 916 miles. I'm 381 miles away from that, lol. It's possible, but hey.

And congrats on the Motto, Esty. Sorry I couldn't end up contributing. We're close on the House Contests, as well :-D

Once again, good luck and happy walking.

-The Lady Aerowen
TheLadyAerowen is offline   Reply With Quote