View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 10:40 PM   #805
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The cooler, dryer weather today was a welcome change. I like rain as well as the next elf, but I prefer it in moderation. Now if we could just have a change in the provisions as well as the weather...

Quote:
I hit Alatįriėl in the back of the head. Maybe she won't figure out 'twas me...
That was you??? Ooops! I yelled at Strider for that. Maybe I should apologize to him? Naaah! You know Arwen, if you manage to hit that squirrel, we could have something besides cram for dinner! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

--------------------

"Certainly it reminds me very much of Bilbo in the last years, before he went away. He used often to say there was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary. 'It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door,' he used to say. 'You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to. Do you realize that this is the very path that goes through Mirkwood, and that if you let it, it might take you to the Lonely Mountain or even further and to worse places?' He used to say that on the path outside the front door at Bag End, especially after he had been out for a long walk."