View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril "Sweet Ride, Leggy!" -- Cars of the Fellowship of the Ring?

Here's an interesting discussion idea I came up with whilst I was in Florida (okay, maybe I did have too much sun): what kind of cars do you think the Fellowship would drive? Actually, the thought came up when my dad insinuated that the man driving the Ford on the road in Florida was Bilbo Baggins.

Personally, I think Legolas would have some little red Mercedes convertible. Aragorn would have a beat-up old pick-up truck. Boromir would have a big, flashy, gold Ferrarri or something. Sam I could see in a trusty station wagon. Gimli would be in a Hummer or something. Gandalf would have some dusty-looking, run-down-looking car that could really move like the wind. Merry and Pippin would have identical racing cars. Frodo would keep changing his mind and changing cars, I think.

For non-Fellowship members, I could see Galadriel having a Volkswagen Beetle. Saruman would have a big stretch limo (white first, then black) with a driver. Arwen would have some sleek, black car, I imagine (she is, after all, Evenstar - star of the evening). Gollum would have some grimy, icky, putrid-green, beat-up old station wagon of some variety.

Eep! Ran out of time! I'll come back later...