View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #357
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

On the heels of his Disco victory, Boromir was just beginning to realize how popular he was. He heard rumors of people randomly screaming out, "Do the wave for Boromir the Disco King!"

Now his victory was no small feat. He was up against Gandalf, who learned at the feet of the Balrog. AND he is dead. But really, what does that matter, considering we ARE on the Barrow Downs, and we're ALL dead here. So how fitting is it that our Disco King is dead, too?

Recently, I caught up with Boromir to talk with him about the contest. Here is how it went:

Me: Boromir! Hey, Boromir!

Hmm, what? Oh, yes? Can I help you?

Yes. I am from the Barrow Downs, you know, the place that just voted you Disco King. I was wondering if we could talk for a second.

Why, of course I know the Downs. I have so many loyal fans there. You know, I beat the robes off Gandalf.

Yes, I know. We ALL know.

B: Did you see my moves?

I did a little of this, and a little of...

YES! I saw your moves. They were great. You won, didn't you?

You bet I did! Hey, is that Rynoah still hangin' around? I think she has the hots for me.

Yeah, I think she does, can we please get back to...

Ya, know I really can't blame her. I am pretty good lookin. Do you think you could hook me up?

Hook you...! I'm trying to talk about the contest here!

Come on! Put in a good word for me! Please!!

Whatever...She will probably read this interview anyway...put in your own word!

Okay, uh...Rynoah, I was wondering if, uhhh...No, no I can't do it, I'm too shy.

Ohhh, please. Can we please get on with this?!

B: YES!

Okay, how did you manage this amazing victory, even though you are dead?

Well, you see, I may be dead, but I can still break it down! And I'm still good lookin.

Yeah, okay...we'll I think that will be all for now.

Thank you Boromir, the Disco King.

*Fading from a distance* B: But don't you want me to talk about my dancing? My secrets?

Uh, no thanks, I think we've heard enough.