View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 08:16 AM   #71
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
EDIT: To keep this topic Tolkien-related, I was wondering how you also came about the books. Any reply would be great!
Well, I discovered LOTR when I was 12, though I am now 33 (which, hey, is barely more than a child to my Hobbit self).
I'm afraid that with some folks on the Barrowdowns, I can't tell their age unless they come out and say it. I think, though, that I do gravitate toward topics being discussed by people closer to my age (like I said, I think--sometimes it's hard to tell). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
I don't post a lot in the Books because everyone there is so much smarter than I am!
Bleh....me neither. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I also tried to read the Slimarillion when I was 12.....don't think I made it past the first chapter before I gave up. Never read HoME or anything else Tolkien, either--I haven't even been all the way through the Hobbit, and that's the illustrated version. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] You just "hang around" in topics you enjoy, and so what if people think you're not "Tolkien Smart"? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I know I'm not, and while I enjoy Tolkien, (I am Sam Gamgee's #1 fan), there are things more important to me.

{Edit again} (After reading Miss Estelyn's post above) Exactly!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:29 AM December 21, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote