Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 04:01 PM   #438
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Now this is just depressing.

Its been nearly 8 months.

And I have changed very very little.

Hmm...

Well, here ya have it anyway...

Name (that you go by): Mym, or Amanaduial (cyberspace, sweetlings, cyberspace)

Future Aspirations: Hell, still hang gliding. To publish fantasy and for it not to be put down as just another stereotypical fantasy novel. For several people to take me seriously, even though I'm physically younger than them. To sort out what I believe.

Short term goals: To make the end of Escape work well (yeah, really short term- tonight). To get bleeding AOL to work!!!!! To find the first post I made on the downs and make sure Pio and Mithadan never, never see it.

Passion: Music. RPGing. Theology.

Hobbies: Barrowdowns, Bree, Imladris...oh, you mean real life? Um...remind me, whats that again? No, seriously, fencing, singing, RPGing, writing, forums, the cello and piano.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Not doing so.

Fave book: The Silmarillion (mainly, in hindsight). Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. The Discworld Series by Terry Pratchet, mainly Mort and Soul Music. His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. Hell, stop me, I will go on forever, and have no time now...

Fave movie: I don't really have one, but a few that feature highly are Life is Beautiful, The Life of Brian, FotR, TTT, The Faculty, Armageddon.

Fave sport: Watching people.

Fave store: The really big Waterstones in the middle of Manchester with the starbucks and a great fantasy section.

Fave music: Rock, soft rock, indie, and a few miscellaneous, like Torronim Emiliana, Clannad, Madness, and The Who's Tommy

What you can't stand: Right now, exams. Arrogance. Forum members who look down on me and what I have achieved because I am younger. George Bush.

What you plain dislike: Those who put down others beliefs because they arent the same as their own.

Who you admire: Those who stand up for themselves, their beliefs and their passions, without doing it simply so some kid will put it down in the future. Expression, of many sorts.

What you most love to do: Write. Chat in fast flowing PMs or emails to some people. Debate theology.

Your self-confessed flaws: A tendency to go on a wee bit. Cynicism.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Theology and philosophy. Fantasy. People.

What scares you: The possibility that, one hundred years from now, nothing I have done will ever be remembered. The fact that no one will know my name.

Quotation to live by: The poem Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, as before. Man, I have so many others...lets go for...'It is the fate of all banisters worth sliding down to have something nasty waiting at the end'.