Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 03:07 AM   #119
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Name (for internet purposes): Estelyn (I like my self-chosen name), Esty

Age: older than I look (better than the other way around!)

Future Aspirations: new horizons, creating something of lasting beauty, travelling around the world

Goal in life: becoming whom I am meant to be

Short term goals: finishing all the patchwork projects I’ve started (on second thought, maybe that’s a long-term goal!)

Passion: this site and its people; beauty in its various forms – visible, verbal, audible, edible

Hobbies: The Barrow-Downs, reading, patchwork

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): my jazzy gospel piano concerts, my home-baked caramel rolls, Grant County North Dakota Spelling Bee champion in 7th grade [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Fave books: (among many others) C.S. Lewis – Narnia, Perelandra; M.M. Kaye – The Far Pavilions; J. Austen – Pride and Prejudice; Lindsey Davis – the Falco series; Noah Gordon – The Physician; quite a few historical novels, books on psychology, and nonsense poetry

Fave movies: (in no particular order and subject to change) The Bridges of Madison County, Shakespeare in Love, Comedian Harmonists, Chocolat, Castaway, Truman Show, Shrek

Fave sport: to watch – figure skating; to do – walking

Fave store: Brook-Mays Music Store in Dallas, bookshops in London

Fave music: Bach, Gershwin, much of what lies between and some of what comes after – current favorite Nickel Creek

What you can't stand: posts that repeat what has been said 1000 times, that contain nonsense with no redeeming value, that attack others and their personal opinions, and that are just plain boring

What you plain dislike: real life interruptions when I’m enjoying myself on the internet

Who you admire: people who know exactly who they are and why they’re doing what they’re doing

What you most love to do: chat when all the fun people are on-line and at their witty best!

Your self-confessed flaws: procrastination, inefficiency, spending way too much time here

What intrigues/fascinates you: intelligent discussions that are way over my head

What scares you: the prospect of moderating Movies after TTT comes out!

Quotation to live by: All things work together for the best…

My pride and joy: The young man and young woman who have been the source of my greatest pain, my greatest privilege and my greatest learning experience

Additional comments: There’s no place like home – Barrow-Downs Sweet Barrow-Downs

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote