View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

Name: (that you go by): Jessica
Future Aspirations: to get into a good music conservatiory after high school (like Juilliard or Curtis...haha i wish)and become a professional musician (pianist),but I'm also interested in being a psychologist or lawyer--but most likely I'll end up being a musician
Goal in life: To fulfill my dreams...sure does sound vague i know...basically to live a meaningful life and to make a difference. Ah, what an ambiguous question
Passion: music and playing piano, literature, Tolkien!
Hobbies: reading, shopping (I'm a shop-a-holic), eating (haha), dancing, being with friends, working out, playing piano or violin (I love playing in an orchestra, especially a good one!)
Short-term goals: to get into the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra, get some decent SAT scores, win the Music Teachers National Association competition at the state level, raise my grade percent average, survive the IB program!
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): mostly my piano playing. I won two competitions this year (one of them means I'm supposed to be the best player in the state for my age..blah..) in addition to being among the best pianists in the state every year since 4th grade. I've made the All State orchestra for violin (supposedly made up of the best players in the state) twice...that was a lot of fun. I also used to win a lot of awards for my creative writing, but nowadays I'm more into editorial-style essays more than writing my own stories.

Fave book: Anthem, by Ayn Rand/Lord of the Rings by Tolkien/ Rebecca by DuMaurier
Fave movie: The Matrix, American Beauty, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Fave sport: Swimming
Fave store: Barnes and Noble...i could spend all day in there
Fave music: everything except country, although, being a pianist and violinist, I am most interested in classical-I especially love Lizst, Beethoven, Chopin, and Tchaikovsky [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: pEOpLE hoO tYpE lYkE dIS online, excessive teenybopper-ism. Communism or any kind of institution hinders or obliterates the veneration and necessity of the individual self.
What you plain dislike:overratedness and underappreciation. Regret-one of the worst feelings in the world. Math. (I'm so completely right-brained I'm suprised I don't walk lopsided ). Getting up early.
Who you admire: Natalie Portman. She's gorgeous and intelligent and is a psych major at Harvard...something I'm sort of interested in studying one day too.
What you most love to do: play piano. Read. Sleep. Watch movies.
Your self-confessed flaws: extreme procrastination, laziness, jealousy. Pride. My tendency to think that nothing bad will happen to me.Carelessness.I'm also a very selfish person.
What intrigues/fascinates you: break dancing is simply awesome. So is fencing. Psychology and the human mind and behaviors. Philosophy is also great even though overwhelming and sometimes ambiguous/hard to fathom.
What scares you: roaches. bugs. Yuck!
Quotation to live by:
The wide world is all about you. You can fence ourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.-Gildor Inglorion in FOTR. That's a great one for all the parochial, narrow-minded people in the world as well as the overprotective!

This one is beautiful too: "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places, but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-Haldir in FOTR

Additional comments: I recall a piano lesson I had once, in which i was playing a Haydn sonata. My teacher commented that i had a good round, solid sound, but with an edge. I think that definitely suits my personality. I'm generally a nice and happy person, but I definitely have an "edge"...I love doing risky things and I do have a dark side for sure. I can be really really mean to people when I want to. Not a good thing of course...I'm better at controlling my "attitude" nowadays. We all learn.

Okay, I'm done...now it's your turn to share a little about yourself!

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Jessica Jade ]

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote