Thread: East Coast BD
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 09:43 AM   #96
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very good advise, Admins. I have participated in a meet with members of another board, and had a very good time, but caution and common sense are required. After all, you may think you know someone from writing with them online, but "real life" is entirely another matter.

I will state that (get ready for the screams and groans) any "meetings" between B-D members should be an "adults only" party, and I would not participate in any meetings involving underage members. And under no circumstance should any underage Barrow Downer be accepting offers from adult members for rides to meetings or arrangements to help them attend.

For pity sakes don't post phone numbers or e-mail addresses online! And after the rough draft of a meeting has been agreed to, the final meeting places should be kept between those attending only. Don't want any party crashers, now do we?

I generally believe that 99% of the members of this board are who they say they are. This isn't, after all, one of those open-to-all internet chat rooms, and the focus of the Downs is so narrow that it doesn't attract too many crazies. But keep your private life private is my motto, and always leave yourself an out.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote