View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #99
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Wow...somehow I missed this thread until now. Thank you for the nominations, Doug and Maril - I'm flattered [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

I tend to like the names which are a little out of the way and whose meanings aren't immediately obvious ... which would be about 99% of the names here...

LUSH: Because the word brings a whole host of images to mind at once, all of them vivid [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

MARILEANGORIFURNIMALUIM (did I spell that right?): Because it's so friggin' long, it MUST mean something deeply important.

DOUG*PLATYPUS: Again, the reference is mysterious enough that there must be some heavy significance behind it. Doug, where does the platypus come from?

THE SAUCEPAN MAN: Just because it sounds cool.

BILL FERNY: As someone said before, just because it takes chutzpah to call yourself that. I'm still waiting to see someone sign up as "Slant-eyed Southerner".

RAEFINDEL: For having to courage to make a personal coinage in Elvish.

HERENISTARION: Just because it sounds cool.

And quite a few more that are on the tip of my tongue (or fingers) but which I can't quite remember right now...