View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 06:05 PM   #17
Estella Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Estella Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Estella Brandybuck
Sting

Quote:
No, it is not a "flimsy" idea. After all, Bilbo adopted Frodo as his charge and heir.
Y'know, you'd think I'd remember that, but apparently not... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
It says right at the begining if Appendix C that 'The names given in these trees are only a selection from many' in other words not all descendants are recorded.
Yeah, I think Morwen gives the best explination. There was waaay too much information that could have been given about post-WotR history, children's names being but one part. Like was mentioned before, we only have a name for Aragorn's son, and just a brief mention of his daughters. And we wouldn't even know that Faramir and Éowyn had children if it wasn't for the mention of their grandson Barahir in the Prologue. I still think that not knowing everything that Tolkien had in mind just makes things more interesting, and this discussion is just one example. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"But the Rohirrim sang no more. Death they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards." - RotK

Do you enjoy reading and writing LotR fanfiction?
Estella Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote