View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 09:31 PM   #19
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thats something that Ive always thought of. After so many years of importance in M.E., what could possibly make Galadriel choose to go to Valinor?

I was amused by the wisdom of the above posts... Specially the part that the memories Galadriel had of her past were helpful for her to resist Nenya...

I have 2 questions about that:

1. Did Galadriel went again to Aman? Or was she made to stay in Tol Eressa?

2. Why did she have to resist Nenya? Wasnt it supossed that the 3 rings were not sullied by Sauron, and that their effect was to ward off the decay of time (specially from their bearers)? We can understand that after Nenyas power is diminished, the weight of the world, and specially all that happened recently in the last years of the Third Age, caught up with her and she had to go to Valinor to be able to resist it (even abandoning her husband and her grandchildren)... But why did she need her memories to resist Nenya?