The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When are you planning to see TTT? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9037)

Child of the 7th Age 12-17-2002 08:05 AM

When are you planning to see TTT?

Just curious when everyone is planning to see TTT? Are we all racing out on Wednesday so that the Downs will be deserted that day?<P>I am going to try for Wednesday afternoon on my own so I can concentrate on what's going on, and then go back Saturday night with my family and friends.<P>sharon

mollecon 12-17-2002 08:47 AM

In 8 hours & 16 minutes...

Airehiriel 12-17-2002 09:02 AM

I will be going at 3:45 (EST) tomorrow! I bought my tickets for it back in late Nov. It is my sisters Christmas present. Of course it is mine, too! I have been dying to tell her! And hating the wait. She's still in school, so I made plans to have my mom take her out of school at around 11 am, and I will take her back to my house and we are going to watch the Extended DVD of the FOTR, and by that time, it should almost be time to go!!! <B>I can't wait!</B>

Birdland 12-17-2002 09:11 AM

I broke down and bought a ticket to the midnight show at a theatre two minutes from where I work. Since I get off work at 11:30pm, I'm going straight to the theatre from there. <P>I couldn't help myself! Most of my friends and relations wanted to wait until after the holidays. (You know how us old folk are about standing in lines). <P>But since most of the line parties are going to be at the "cooler theatres" downtown or on campus, I may have the "boring" suburban multiplex to myself tonight. (The West Side of Columbus is known more for its Buckeye and NASCAR fans, not people who dress up like Elves and hobbits. )

Calenedheliel 12-17-2002 09:20 AM

I'm going to an 11:59 P.M. show tonight with my best friend and then again tomorrow at a 11:00 a. m. where we will dress up as hobbits.

Frwek 12-17-2002 09:33 AM

i'm going for the first time slot avalabile...can't wait!..Enjoy yourself!

Child of the 7th Age 12-17-2002 01:48 PM

I have a feeling the Downs may be deserted tomorrow!

Tigerlily Gamgee 12-17-2002 02:01 PM

Well, I will be seeing it -2weeks, and again tonight for a midnight showing. I am leaving for the line party in about 5 hours! Oh JOY!

Susan Delgado 12-17-2002 02:59 PM

Monday, 11 am. <BR>What's a line party? It can't be as simple as it sounds (a party while standing in line).

Arwen Imladris 12-17-2002 03:08 PM

Don't worry, I will be here tommorow, I don't have my full liscence yet, and I am not going to walk what takes 45 min in the car. Oh well, you folks will just have to spoil it for me ASAP!

Tigerlily Gamgee 12-17-2002 03:18 PM

Line Party = party while in line.<BR>It is as simple as it sounds.<P>It is something that was started by TheOneRing.net... and now there are tons of them worldwide! I am the administrator for the Chicago Line... which basically means that I had to put together the whole bloody thing (contest, prizes, games... etc.). I hope that it turns out OK, because if people are bored it becomes my fault <BR>It's a little frightening.<BR>It should be fun.<BR>If you want to know more about Line Parties and find out if there is one in your area, go to <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net" TARGET=_blank>www.theonering.net</A> ("movies" -> "Line Party"). We also have events that don't involve just seeing the movie. We find other ways to hang out. It's a lot of fun... I recommend it to everyone! I have met many great people through mine.

Fair Eärendil 12-17-2002 03:20 PM

I'm going next thursday at midnight, the time of the premiere here in México. I'm drooling to see it and I just can't wait.

elfling 12-17-2002 03:35 PM

I'm going to the midnight show here in Asheville, NC tonight and I may go crazy waiting. I hope the excitement carries over through tomarrow at work I will be very tired. But i know it will be worth it.

Galadel Vinorel 12-17-2002 03:41 PM

I'm going to see TTT at 3:45, friday afternoon, with a few of my friends, for my BIRTHDAY!! YEAH!! I can't wait!!<P>Everyday a friend of mine, who goes to my school, and I, when we walk past each other in the halls, say to one another, "Only 4 more days till TTT!!", or, like today, " Only THREE MORE DAYS TILL WE SEE TTT!!!!!!!!" <P>I am so excited!! Not only is my birthday on Saturday, but I also get a huge present, to see my favorite movie in the whole wide world the day before my birthday. TTT!! <P>Oh, how I love those three little words.... THE TWO TOWERS!!!!<P>I know that I am getting carried away, but I am REALLY getting excited now!! WE already bought the tickets, and I keep seeing commercials for TTT on the t.v. Those drive me insane!! I love them, but they fuel my impatienceness to see TTT!! The other day on one of those commercials I saw..guess what...a NAZGUL!! I got SO excited. I was nearly bouncing off the walls!!<P>I want to see TTT SO badly!! I just can't wait till I get to see it!! <P>Until then...I will think about TTT every moment of the day...I will daydream about TTT...I will watch t.v. JUST to see previews of TTT....AND I will dream of TTT. <P>Goodbye, my fellow Downers!! I hope that you all are excited about TTT as much as I am!!

Arwen Evenstar the Fair 12-17-2002 04:26 PM

I'm going to the first showing at 11:00 am tomorrow when it opens!!! I'm really excited, then I get to go again the next day, then again over the weekend, then again on Mon.!!!!!!! Plus tons more after that if I have anything to do about it!!!! lol

Auriel Haevasawen 12-17-2002 04:37 PM

Thursday, eight pm in costume. Need I say more?

-Imrahil- 12-17-2002 04:44 PM

Friday, Saturday, and again on tuesday before I leave for vacation!

Ithaeliel 12-17-2002 04:47 PM

In fact, Brinniel and I are going to the premiere together in about 28 hours now... I'm very excited! I hope it's as fantastic as the first! I'm also going to see it on Friday with a few other friends.<p>[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]

piosenniel 12-17-2002 05:15 PM

8 hrs 48 minutes, in a long dark grey-green hooded cloak, and wearing the brooch from Lothlorien . . . sigh . . . & yes, Bird, i promise not to read the gushing emails until I return . . .

Kaze 12-17-2002 06:13 PM

I guess the Downs will be pretty empty tomorrow...<P>I'm going with some friends to a 4:00 show on Friday.

Nianna Telmnar 12-17-2002 06:25 PM

Tomorrow at 3:50 with my friend. Whoo-hoo! My father kepts looking at me like I'm crazy to be so excited over a movie. Oh well, his loss. Have a wonderful time everyone!

Aylwen Dreamsong 12-17-2002 06:45 PM

Me and two friends of mine are going to school tomorrow, and then we are getting picked up by my friend's dad to go see the one oclock showing. Which is cool, because to get there early enough, we get out of school at 11:30. So, we will not only miss all the boring classes at school, but we will also not have to eat the trash they give us for school "lunches" (I don't think they can be scientifically proven to be food ). So, It's all good. <P> <P>Aylwen

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie 12-17-2002 08:41 PM

I'm going tomorrow (Wed.) at 3pm. I would go to a midnight one but I have semesteer exams. I try not to think about it a lot so its a big excitement when I tear off the farside comic for my off-the-wall calander and see 'TTT' in big black bold letters. But the excitement will build throughout the day when I'm taking my exams. I just hope that I don't start writing about TTT on my english exam. Well, I hope everyone else is holding out as well as me.

Morquesse 12-17-2002 09:21 PM

I'm going on Wednesday of course! At 4:15pm with *pauses for a second* TEN people from my youth group and Two other friends. I'm very happy, see? Let's just hope it's as good as we hope it is.<BR>Have a Gurr-rate time tomorrow, people! <BR>~M

-Imrahil- 12-17-2002 10:38 PM

I'm thinking about going as Frodo. Just need a good brown cloak with hood, and a ring!

red 12-18-2002 08:50 AM

I am going to see it after the initial rush by fanatics and teenyboppers is done. Matinee. Cheaper. Less crowded.

The Barrow-Wight 12-18-2002 08:57 AM

We're going today at the 4:15 matinee.

Rimbaud 12-18-2002 09:13 AM

Unexpectedly, I was invited by someone I could not refuse to go this evening. I had not planned on watching it, if at all, until it came out on video, but the best laid plans...<P>A stream of invective directed at Hollywood and dislikeable, mindlessly violent blockbusters can be reached at my email later tonight...<P>

MYyyPreciousSS 12-18-2002 04:13 PM

In in about 6 hours.... (8:00 showing)<BR>Got tickets in advance; also seeing it Saturday. <BR>I'm so excited!

Nalana 12-18-2002 06:04 PM

ACTUALLY. *big grin* I SAW THE MOVIE LAST NIGHT (WHICH WAS TUESDAY DECEMBER 17,2002) SO I GOT YOU ALL BEAT! HA!! lol j/k. but I did see it last night... *takes a deep breath* awesome movie... very awesome.

Luinalatawen 12-19-2002 04:32 PM

Originally, I was planning to go on Wednesday, but I was too busy, so I hope to go on Friday. If not, it'll be Sat. It's such a busy time of year.