The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   my profile (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4676)

Artalwen 12-11-2002 07:14 PM

my profile

I have a problem, and this seemed like the only place to post. Every time I try to go edit my profile, i get some error...i can't change anything!! like, in my signature, i didn't know that you can't change the colors...so i want to take the [color][/color] bit out...but i can't go change it! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I had another question, but I forgot it...so until i remember, bye!

HerenIstarion 12-14-2002 06:35 AM

I think this thread should be kept for the queries of the kind. So here's mine:

Is there a possibility to turn on the option of saving sent private messages?

thanks

Rosseiliantiel 12-15-2002 06:05 PM

Yes, I would rather like that.

Susan Delgado 12-15-2002 06:08 PM

So would I.

Diamond18 12-15-2002 09:13 PM

Well, you can have PMs sent to your email...then when you respond to them you still have a copy of what that person sent you. When I want to save something I wrote I just paste it into my word processor. But I don't get/send that many PMs so for you it might get tedious to do that or something. I can't wait to see what the powers-that-be have to say on the matter...

Oh, and another thing. Why does my profile (and everyone elses, it seems) say "Haunting Spirit"? Why doesn't it update?

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]

LePetitChoux 12-20-2002 10:15 AM

Why is it that when you post publicly, your avatar is visible, but in PMs it isn't? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Amanaduial the archer 12-23-2002 03:46 PM

my my, so many questions...

Why in PMs does your PT or any title not show up in PMs?

And what is the meaning of life?

dragoneyes 12-23-2002 04:11 PM

Yes, the hauting spirit thing rather confused me. Just for the sake of asking a question:
Exactly how many fish ARE there in the sea?

Merri 12-23-2002 11:40 PM

To continue in Dragoneye's vein . . . how many stars are there in the sky? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

ArwenBaggins 12-24-2002 11:37 AM

Truely Artalwen, I don't have any clue. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
But, I do know that when you post in color in the forums, it does get aggrivating after a while.

And....

How come you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway????? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 12-24-2002 01:37 PM

What's a parkway?

Susan Delgado 12-24-2002 11:48 PM

Quote:

And what is the meaning of life?
Of course, this also includes The Universe and Everything, but let's get back on topic.

[ December 25, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]

Artalwen 12-30-2002 10:26 PM

Thanks for trying, everyone. I should probably get around to coming here....sorry I don't come here often enough.
I just wish I could change that so it doesn't look silly...oh well.

Aramacil 01-01-2003 03:23 PM

So many questions, so few answers.

Maybe a wise somebody could come and help. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nibinlondwen 01-01-2003 03:46 PM

hi hi

LePetitChoux 01-01-2003 06:10 PM

Um, what was that all about? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Artalwen 01-15-2003 06:04 PM

*shrugs* who knows.

So does anyone know why I keep getting an error when i try to click on the "user cp" icon? Every single time I've tried, with no success. It gets frustrating, for I can't change anything in my profile, or change the options, and if I was to have any private messages, I wouldn't be able to check them.

Durelin 01-15-2003 06:08 PM

Wait, you can change color? How? Man, I suck with url! I suck with computers period! I'm better than my mom though...right! So, just how many gnats has a forty-two year old man inadvertently eaten? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]

Artalwen 01-15-2003 06:22 PM

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
/home2/barrowwight/cgi-bin/Members/user_ratings/00004996.cgi did not return a true value at /home2/barrowwight/cgi-bin/ubb_profile.cgi line 96.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@forum.barrowdowns.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

That's what pops up when I try to click on "my profile"...that's what i meant when I said user cp(i post on many different boards).

Durelin, that's the problem. You cannot change colors in the signature, and really almost nowhere. I know that now...but I didn't even think about it while creating my signature. Now I'd like to change it, but I can't seem to!

Durelin 01-15-2003 06:25 PM

Aha. No wonder...anyway, you can change font type though, right? Several people here have different font types.

Bill Ferny 01-16-2003 07:36 PM

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
/home2/barrowwight/cgi-bin/Members/user_ratings/00004996.cgi did not return a true value at /home2/barrowwight/cgi-bin/ubb_profile.cgi line 96.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@forum.barrowdowns.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

This is the same error message I have been getting when attempting to click on to “my profile”. Alright, I know my PMs are full of nice, juicy red apples aimed right at my head, and its probably a good thing that I can’t access them, but hey, my email address has changed, and many other things (no not my sex… pervs), and I am unable to update. A little help would be useful here. Oh, and YES, I did send mail to the webmaster.

Artalwen 01-16-2003 08:37 PM

aHA! So I'm not the only one... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

See, I haven't even sent mail yet. Who is/are the admins for the boards?

And I'd wish to update mine also...grrr... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Elven-Maiden 01-17-2003 04:53 PM

Artalwen; scroll down. Further, further.. k, stop. See the link that says Contact Us? Click it (or copy the link), and paste it into an email. The administrator of the site is the Barrow Wight, and there are also several Moderators.

Bill Ferny 01-18-2003 12:31 AM

Elven-Maiden, I've done that probably about a dozen times now. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The Barrow-Wight 01-18-2003 10:47 AM

I've told you a million times, Bill Ferny, don't exaggerate!

You e-mail 3 times in 2 days, and I have replied.

Bill Ferny 01-18-2003 11:56 AM

Only 3? I was using the link provided in the error message. The 3 you recieved were from the bottom of the forum board.

I don't exaggerate... I embellish.

Mister Underhill 01-18-2003 09:44 PM

Bill Ferny and Artalwen, you should be able to access your profiles now. Bill has lost his ratings of other members. Artalwen has lost her rating by others. Otherwise, everything should be fine.

Anyone else having a problem, please copy and paste the error you're getting into this thread as Bill and Arty did, and we'll try to fix you up.

Bill Ferny 01-18-2003 11:55 PM

Thank you very much. I really do appreciate your taking time to fix this [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Artalwen 01-20-2003 03:12 AM

THANK YOU soooo much!! I love you!! Oh my gosh bless you for fixing it! I clicked on it...and I could go into it! I was so excited! Thank you!!

Mister Underhill 01-20-2003 12:01 PM

No problem, guys. Glad we could help.

Susan Delgado 01-22-2003 03:38 AM

My Avatar is not working. I'm trying to change it from one picture on my site to another, but it stubbornly won't show up no matter how many times I try. What's wrong, please?

Aramacil 01-22-2003 07:43 AM

Your avatar seems to be working correctly.
But it is too small, because there is a lot of white on your picture, if you remove the white, it should be just fine.

Susan Delgado 01-22-2003 11:11 AM

Really? I can't see it at all. Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Estelyn Telcontar 01-22-2003 11:20 AM

Susan, I can't see your avatar.

PS - Why does this remind me of 'The Emperor's New Clothes'? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]

Susan Delgado 01-22-2003 11:27 AM

Well, it's suposed to be a Phoenix. I drew it myself. I guess I'll keep playing with it.

So that would make Aramacil a townsperson, and us observant children? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aramacil 01-23-2003 08:33 AM

Am I the only one who can see your avatar?
That would be very strange.

I can see this:
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/martijn84/phoenix2.jpg

I think it should be something like this:
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/martijn84/phoenix3.jpg
(This is without the white areas)

dragoneyes 01-23-2003 02:53 PM

I can see it too.

Susan Delgado 01-27-2003 02:28 PM

Yes, that's what it's supposed to be. Since it's not working linked from my site, let's try it from yours...

It works! It's a little small, but at least I can see it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thank you, Aramacil!

[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]