The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Don't post here on 69.51.5.41! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=14704)

Nogrod 03-08-2008 07:54 PM

Don't post here on 69.51.5.41!

Okay.

Sorry for the screaming header but I wanted to captivate your attention...

But it seems that the www.barrowdowns.com is in line with the front page of forum.barrowdowns.com (from which you can't navigate any further at the moment) and the newest posts change accordingly there. So there is a link between the two sites / entries.

Things posted here are not seen anywhere else but only here. So I'm afraid that everything posted here will stay only here and will not be seen in the forum after it is reopened...

I may be wrong but all indicates this is a separate (old) site that has a life of its own.

PS. Not that we shouldn't take the fun out of this as Rikae said...

McCaber 03-10-2008 11:28 AM

It seems to me that the "www" Downs just got replaced by the "number" Downs. A new development in the war against technology?

Legate of Amon Lanc 03-10-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCaber (Post 550055)
It seems to me that the "www" Downs just got replaced by the "number" Downs. A new development in the war against technology?

That's true. I say we wait. It really seems the situation is that we can't trust anything. On the other hand, I'll be optimistic. Maybe this is a sign of change?

Thinlómien 03-10-2008 12:52 PM

Is it wise to post anywhere at all? :rolleyes:

Groin Redbeard 03-10-2008 01:09 PM

Let us look on the bright side of things. I'm sure Hookbill will have an explanation for what's going on in next weeks Downer!;)

Even though this means we have to wait to play Legate's WW game.:(

Meneltarmacil 03-10-2008 02:11 PM

I've noticed that The Barrow-Wight has been by here a few times since this cataclysm happened, as his name's showed up in "Who's Online", but I'm not sure why there hasn't been an announcement from him or the other admins yet. Surely the B-W ought to know about this already if he's been here since the problems happened?

radagastly 03-10-2008 03:18 PM

The main site seems to be missing. "barrowdowns.com" used to yeild the main site, which could then be used to access the assorted games, encyclopedia, chat and the forum as a visitor (not signed in). Now it seems to reach the main page of the forum, and everything else seems to be gone. Even running a Google search and clicking on their link brings you to the forum, not the main page. What will I do without my "hanggobbit" or "Middle-Earth Magnets?"

I'm sure the Barrow Wight will provide an explanation eventually. Until then, you may wish to save your longer posts, just in case. I usually use Word for Spell-check on longer posts anyway. It just means saving them insteading of simply exiting when I'm finished.

. . .
And so, apparently, he now has explained it, just moments after this post.