The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Books (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What if? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=1316)

Aseafalathiel 01-22-2002 09:09 AM

What if?

If you could pick any character from any JRRT book, who would you be? And why?

Be creative! Let's have a little fun and see who's who! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ozzman 01-22-2002 09:32 AM

Bilbo, for 3 reasons.
* He was rich and didn't have to work when he lived in the Shire
* He moved to rivendell and lived there for 20 years
* When he got really old he went to the blessed realm

inglorion 01-22-2002 10:13 AM

Old Tom of course [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] To know and not to be corrupted by knowledge or the power that comes of it. Just being Master not Master of...

greetings, gildor

Fenrir 01-22-2002 11:32 AM

I'd be the Lord of the Nazgul because
i) He's virtually immortal
ii) He taught Earnur that brain is more important than brawn (going to Minas Morgul for a duel, is it possible to be more stupid?) I never did like Earnur.

Gayalondiel 01-24-2002 06:54 AM

Sam, he gets all the perks;
He's honoured as a ring-bearer without having to go through all the immense inner toils Frodo and Gollum have.
He gets to be dense without people REALLY minding that much.
He gets to enjoy a long office as mayor and enjoy the shire after they restored it AND
He gets to go to the Blessed Realm in the end.

Hama 01-24-2002 07:18 AM

Gandalf

Gets to travel a lot
Immortal
Wise as can be
Goes to the blessed realm

Enkanowen 01-24-2002 01:09 PM

i would like to be either Elrond or Pippin.
Elrond is extremely wise and Pippin grows over himself so to speak. I don't know but I'd like to be every character just once to see everything from their point of view.

the_master_of_puppets 01-24-2002 02:30 PM

id luv to be pippin because hes quite like me anyway (in that kinda slightly stupid humor and doin the wrong thing at the wrong time), id like to be aragorn because he is all round kool and hes like so gifted n stuff, id like to be arwen because elves r really wise n stuff- the ears and not dying are but a bonus! of coarse i woodnt mind being frodo, sam, legolas, galariel or elrond either- all the characters r so good in their own ways!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Aralaithiel 01-24-2002 03:39 PM

I'd choose Galadriel - ah, to be Elven! And powerful to boot! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Carannillion 01-24-2002 04:06 PM

ANY character, from ANY JRRT book?

Ilśvatar .
(Does this one need any explanation?)

But if I am to not aim that high, I would choose Aragorn; king, wise, long-lived, etc. Plus, he gets Arwen!! (I think I'm in love with her... *sigh*)

Other than Aragorn, I would perhaps go for Legolas; a great hero, has seen much, lives forever (and has the possibility of going into the west), prince (thus getting just about any elf babe he wants) and yet, he's sort of laidback. Not too famous, and simply cool... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Carannillion ]

Nazgūl 01-24-2002 04:12 PM

I would be Frodo. He gets more screen time.lol [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eowyn of Ithilien 01-25-2002 12:06 AM

Luthien
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Elrian 01-25-2002 01:05 AM

Celebrian: she married Elrond
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Elrian ]

Estelyn Telcontar 01-25-2002 02:52 PM

Galadriel - I would love to have a ring that has the power to heal and preserve. And having both the wisdom of age and the appearance of youth would be icing on the cake!