The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Obsessed with the soundtracks (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9455)

Schmendrick 01-29-2003 03:52 PM

Obsessed with the soundtracks

I was just wondering...has anyone else become really obsessed about the soundtracks of the FOTR and TTT?<BR>I don't know what it is about them, but I listen to them all the time!!I especially love the soundtrack for TTT, even if I was quite disappointed with the movie itself. <BR>For me, these soundtracks have become really important, not only as music, but they also have gained some "symbolic value"...Just one day, when I felt totally discouraged, I listened to Forth Eorlingas and felt better at once! <BR>I think those soundtracks are just magical...<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]

eleanor_niphredil 01-29-2003 03:55 PM

yeah, I agree. I set my alarm to wake up to either hobbit tracks or Helms Deep, as after hearing that, I feel ready for the day ahead. In my music lesson, if the teacher is busy, I play all the tracks on the keyboard.

Jesse 01-29-2003 03:59 PM

I'm obssessed with TTT soundtrack. My favorite track is The Riders of Rohan and The Uruk-Hai. Which track is it that Gandalf the White appears???<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Carlas 01-29-2003 04:02 PM

I really like the soundtracks for FOTR and TTT, but im not obsessed! And I lost my FOTR soundtrack, so ive been pretty upset

maikafanawen 01-29-2003 05:37 PM

I'm definitely obsessed too. I like the layout of FOTR better though. Is TTT soundtrack in order? It didn't seem to me like it was. I have the piano music for In Dreams and Gollum's Song and I play them ALL the time. Puts me in a relaxed sort of fantastic mood.

The Flame Of Anor 01-29-2003 06:29 PM

Completly obsessed. Forth Erolingas is the Best, but parts of Breath of Life and Isengaurd unleashed are better.<BR>Its even better when u realise the vocals are all mostly actual singing, with lyrics.

mollecon 01-29-2003 08:09 PM

Ehhh - yes Lub the music, I really do.

Nuranar 01-29-2003 08:43 PM

<B>maikafanawen</B>, I agree with you that TTT soundtrack is all out of order...at least it doesn't irritate me too much. <P>I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with either soundtrack, but I do love them. I think TTT is easier to have on when you have a roommate and other people are around; the volume doesn't roller coaster up and down like it does on some of the Nazgul tracks in FOTR. Breath of Life and Forth Eorlingas are probably my favorites - Forth Eorlingas gives me goosebumps every time!<P>Oh, and where did you get the piano music for Gollum's Song? I have yet to see any sheet music from TTT, although we have the music from FORTR.

Gorwingel 01-29-2003 08:45 PM

Listen to them every night before I go to bed, they are so wonderful <BR>When me and my sister drove up to Vancouver B.C., we listened to the FOTR soundtrack like 7 times. My dad, (who is not a fan) I think got annoyed and told us to turn them off. The TTT soundtrack is the only CD I have bought so far this year.

Finnguala 01-30-2003 12:07 PM

They're wonderfull!!! I just love the music, especcialy The Breaking Of The Fellowship(FotR), May it be (FotR) The King of the Golden Hall (TTT), Evenstar(TTT), Breath Of Live (TTT) and Farewell To Lorien (TTT)<BR>And I think my rabbit likes it too.

mollecon 01-31-2003 03:20 AM

I believe that the tracks on TTT are arranged in another way than they come in the movie. Compared to FotR, TTT have a lot more cuts as it is following 3, sometimes 4 stories at the same time. If you just let the soundtrack follow the movie, you'd probably get a very incoherent piece of music, that wouldn't work by itself. So I think Howard Shore re-arranged it to get an album that could stand for itself, musically. He didn't have to do that with the FotR soundtrack as this movie worked very differently in it's story telling.<P>Just my two cents.

Brinniel 01-31-2003 03:52 AM

I can't wait until the sheet music for TTT comes out! I've been playing it by ear (with help from Ithaeliel), but I'd really like to play from a book.

Arien 01-31-2003 05:52 AM

I love them...thats all I can really say......

leigh1 01-31-2003 08:21 AM

I thought I was the only one obsessed with the soundtracks! I have a job that requires me to be in my car every day for the exact amount of time that it takes to listen to both soundtracks. How cool is that?

Grimbold 01-31-2003 08:59 AM

My favourite tracks (although its damn hard to choose): <BR>Last minute of track 14: Breath of Life. Makes me think of some really valiant knights riding into battle on a bright day. <BR>Last minute of track 15: The Hornburg. A giant army advancing on its foe in an enclosed valley (massacre ahead!). <BR>I think Howard Shore deserves as much credit for the atmosphere of the movies as PJ.

Gorwingel 02-01-2003 01:45 AM

My sister (who plays the flute) finally gets to play the music from the LOTR in band. I have been telling her for months now that she should be begging her band conductor that they have to play that music, though she may not get to play it in a concert. That is how much I love the music, that whenever I listen to classical, instrumental<BR>music I say "I wish this was LOTR"

Eldawen of Lorien 02-01-2003 01:54 PM

I am beyond obessed. I listen to both of them at night while I sleep. I love the Breaking of the Fellowship, and May it Be on the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack and I love all the songs having to do with Rohan and Breath of Life on the Two Towers soundtrack. I am planning to get a friend to help me to get our band teacher to let us play something from LotR.

dunadan_aragorn 02-02-2003 11:43 AM

God i larv them!!!!!!!!!! I listen to them whenever I can, like now, "but in dreams...." sorry, just had to do that.