The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sauron on Trial! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13388)

Hookbill the Goomba 11-09-2006 10:19 AM

Sauron on Trial!

Well, here is another game for you to get involved in! It's quite simple, really.

Imagine, for a moment, that Sauron had been captured rather than destroyed. His armies are all gone or dead or melted. He is put on trial and has decided to represent himself.

So, in a trial, what would Sauron say or do at his trial?

Here's what I think:

- Is that a wig?

- What murders?

- Yeah, and I’ll kill you too.

- Wait - did I say guilty?!? Guilty means ‘didn’t do it’, right?

- Where did you buy your hammer, your honour? I find you can do a lot more damage with a claw-head hammer... oops.

- I just did it for a laugh. Where’s your sense of humour?

- Twanngggg! Bwaaaaaaang! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanggggg!

What do you think?

ninja91 11-09-2006 10:55 AM

Sauron: Sorry, Elessar! You got the trick instead of the treat!

Volo 11-09-2006 12:10 PM

"Get real and join my cause!"

"I like Pink Floyd."

"Immortality for free, no pun intended."

Hookbill the Goomba 11-09-2006 12:20 PM

"Alright, I'll admit I did it, but only if you dance like a duck!"

"Come on! Don't tell me you never wanted to play toss the Dwarf into Mount doom?"

Holbytlass 11-09-2006 12:41 PM

Your Honor, I was under the influence (of the ring), therefore it is manslaughter not murder!

ninja91 11-09-2006 02:23 PM

"Well, someone had to do something to help spark the greatest story of all time...

mormegil 11-09-2006 02:24 PM

--It's only because I'm Maia isn't it?

--No it was the evil orc henchmen that were really at fault. What could I do against him...he gave such vicious noogies.

Hookbill the Goomba 11-09-2006 02:24 PM

- I think he'd put his hands over his ears and close his eye(s?) saying, "La la la! I can't hear you! I can't see you! You don't exist! You can't hurt me! La la la la!"

- Shout "Wahey!" as he comes in

- He'll keep telling the Judge to "Live long and prosper"

- Say "Nice day for it." every 10 minutes

- "Everybody look at me for a minute - I’m going to do a special dance."

- "This is boring."

- "I’m cool!"

- "I’m glad I’m not dead!"

High King Fingolfin 11-09-2006 05:06 PM

"I was just restoring the indegenous Orcs to their rightful place, your honor."

Volo 11-10-2006 07:32 AM

"Ok, I was pretty violent, but so is he *points at John Cleese*. And what? You hate me, but you love him? So, no wonder I'm violent!"

Farael 11-10-2006 08:46 AM

FREEEDOOOMMMMMM (Braveheart-style)

Lalwendë 11-10-2006 04:31 PM

Sauron, well-known fan of Brit comedy, would resort to some of his fave catchphrases at his show trial. When asked if he was the Maia who created the One Ring he would try to bluster his way out of it and eventually have to say: "Yeah, but no, but yeah but..."

Then when he was found guilty he'd stick out his bottom lip and say: "Am I bovvered? Look, yeah, am I bovvered? Face? Bovvered?"

The Elf-warrior 11-15-2006 11:12 PM

He would urge the Orcs to stop fighting among themselves and focus on the common goal of repelling the Numenorean invaders.

Hookbill the Goomba 11-17-2006 06:42 AM

Sing "Always look on the Bright side of life!" really loudly.

Smoke an incredibly large cigar while putting his feet up on a table.

Keep insisting that it was all the fault of his invisible brother 'blauron' who told him to do things.

Turin Mormegil 11-24-2006 11:34 AM

Judge Manwe " Sauron, you have been charged with mass murder and killing innocent civilians.

( in a whiny voice) "Morgoth told me too!!!!"

Hookbill the Goomba 11-24-2006 11:45 AM

After the long, long list of charges has been read out (taking at least an hour), Sauron laughs and says, "That's not even half of what I did! ... Ooops."

Nimrodel_9 11-24-2006 11:47 AM

Ha ha! You have nowhere to put the handcuffs!

Hookbill the Goomba 11-29-2006 10:07 AM

3 words...

Clay

Pigeon

Shooting.

Legate of Amon Lanc 11-29-2006 11:18 AM

Sauron's Trial

This is not actually about Sauron's words, but... the idea came to me from someone's post up there, that it could all look like this...

„Good morning, Mandos your honor. The crown will plainly show the prisoner who now stands before you was caught red-handed showing feelings of an almost Maia nature. This will not do.“
„Call Aulë!“
Aulë: „I always said he'd come to no good in the end your honor. If they'd let me have my way I could have flayed him into shape. But my hands were tied, the wicked Númenoreans and Noldor let him get away with murder. Let me hammer him today!“
„Call Celebrimbor!“
Celebrimbor: „You little winky, now you're in it! Now I hope they throw away the key. You should have told me the truth 'bout yourself rightaway, but no! You had to make your own Ring! Have you created any Ringwraith lately? Just five minutes, Mandos your honor, Him and me, alone.“
„Call Melkor!“
Melkor: „Baaaaaaaaaabe! Come to pappy baby, let me hold you in my arms. M'lord I never wanted him to get in any trouble. Why'd he ever have to leave me? Mandos, your honor, let me take him home.“
Mandos: „The evidence before the court is incontrovertible, there's no need for the jury to retire. In all my years of judging I have never heard before of someone more deserving out the full penalty of law. Since, my friend, you have revealed your deepest fear, I sentence you to be exposed before your enemies. You are to be transformed into a hobbit and expelled from here. SEND HIM TO SHIRE!"

Istari 12-05-2006 12:39 PM

Now you see me! Now you dont!

Your Honor, is that my cloak you're wearing? It looks dashing on you but would look better on me.

Boromir88 12-08-2006 01:17 PM

Judge: 'I hold you in contempt of court!'

Sauron: 'Well not before I hold myself in contempt!' :rolleyes:

mhagain 12-13-2006 11:23 PM

Another song and dance number may be in order.

Gimme the ring
Kissed and toll'd
Gimme something that I missed
Gimme the ring
A hand to hold
Wild and what it seems
Kill the king when love is the law
And the we'll turn round
Sing, dream child
And do you hear me call?

In other words, Andrew Eldritch made me do it!

Hookbill the Goomba 12-14-2006 01:46 AM

You fascists always pick on us drunks!

doom_hammer 12-14-2006 03:47 PM

the lepricorn made me do it.

The 1,000 Reader 12-17-2006 03:35 PM

"Why are you looking at me? It was Morgoth and the Nazgul and the Orcs that did everything! I just sat in a tower!"

Hookbill the Goomba 12-23-2006 02:04 PM

"Well, I don't know about you lot, but I need a drink. Where's the bar?"

Morgoth's Apprentice 05-19-2008 06:04 PM

If Sauron managed to get himself captured and on trial....:

1. he'd blame his life problems on Morgoth
2. he'd say he was under the influence
3. after all the charges were read, he'd be like....is that all you've got?
4. he'd die trying to escape
5. after all is said and done, he'd be sentenced to the Void to be laughed at by Morgoth for all eternity

Galadriel55 04-02-2011 06:54 PM

- You've got the wrong man: I'm only Sauron's clone!

- My eye is bigger than yours, so I can see the justice here better than you do!

- Before you decpitate me, let me present you with my last gift - a brand new ring!

- Before you kill me, you have to pay me for the loss of my finger!