The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Australia BD (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4713)

Niluial 06-07-2003 10:37 AM

Australia BD

I have noticed there are some Barrow-Downers from Australia. It would be great to meet some of you, oh the dream! So I was thinking.. why not? I come from Sydney but I often travel to Melbourne for business or for family. So is anyone interested?

Lyra Greenleaf 06-07-2003 12:22 PM

Nil, I'm going to be in Sydney for two weeks next Easter (touch wood!) so if we're both still around at that point...I'd love to meet up.

Niluial 06-07-2003 01:15 PM

Next Easter! Oh cool!!! Oh.. I have to be there, then. Oh imagine how much fun it will be… I hope I am not going to still be in South Africa then. Ummm.. where do you come from again?

Beruthiel 06-08-2003 01:39 AM

I'm in Melbourne! Though I doubt my mum would let me meet up with people I met off the internet so... its the thought that counts I suppose [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Niluial 06-08-2003 01:52 AM

Aww.. wish we could meet up. But like you said its the thought that counts! Maybe some other day [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Alkanoonion 06-08-2003 03:30 AM

I Live in Adelaide, when I am not on the net I am mostly out fishing. If you are in the area send me a PM.
(PS When meeting strangers go to a public place and take a friend with you to be safe)

Niluial 06-08-2003 03:48 AM

Cool!! I am going to a Weding in Adelaide next year. I'll be staying there for two weeks!

I agree take a friend with.. if you are a girl maybe your husband/boyfriend would be better!!! And public places are the best!!

Lyra Greenleaf 06-08-2003 04:46 PM

Quote:

where do you come from again?
Just around the corner...London.

Tarien Ithil 06-11-2003 11:35 AM

Nil!! Thanks for making this 'social' thread!!! *calms down*
Well, I'd just like to say that I'd love to meet you, since you already know I live practically next door to you, in Sydney!! So how about it? *puppy dog eyes* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Messy spelling! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Tarien Ithil ]

Niluial 06-13-2003 04:01 PM

Tarien Ithil: I was thinking we could maybe meet next week or this week, but I currently have a planned trip to South Africa (again [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) as soon as I get back (I am not to sure when that is) then we could maybe plan on meeting [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]… what does that sound like [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!!

~Niluial

Gorisil 06-13-2003 04:28 PM

Wow, what a coincidence. I originate from Melbourne Australia but I moved to South Africa two years ago. I would love to meet a person from Barrow-Downs. Niluial when will you be in South Africa? Please, I would really love to meet you!

Niluial 06-13-2003 04:50 PM

Gorisil: That would be really cool!! Umm… my flight is on the 18th of June 2003, so that is next week… Wednesday for you. I am sure we could make an arrangement. Oh where is South Africa will you be? I am going to Johannesburg for four days and then I am going to Cape Town for six-ten months… I don’t really know how long. But thanks to computers and the internet I can still study… *few*. Umm.. so we can make a plan I am sure! I do hope you are in Cape Town, it will be way easier to meet up with you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Everdawn 06-14-2003 12:38 AM

Im in sunny Brisbane, although im regularly in Sydney. The next time i will be there is in Late September though. But in 1 1/2 years i will be living in Newtown in sydney..

Tarien Ithil 06-14-2003 12:56 AM

Quote:

what does that sound like !!
Wow, it sounds brilliant!!
But we could meet whenever, I don't mind. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
South Africa?? Cool! That's liek the one place I haven't been! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Iargwath 06-14-2003 02:34 AM

I live in Sydney Australia [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We have pretty good beaches over here...one of the highlights over here in the summer [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Everdawn 06-14-2003 02:52 AM

Yeah, i still reckon the best beaches are in Queensland... By FAR!...Sydney is still tops though..

Tarien Ithil 06-14-2003 11:56 PM

Quote:

I live in Sydney Australia
Wow, Iargwath, so do I!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Do you like to surf?? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Niluial 06-15-2003 05:07 PM

I live in Sydney too.. but I think we all knew that. The beaches here are wonderful, like you said.. in Summer. Its such a shame that it is winter or it is around the corner.. near (oh you know what I mean!!).

I would love to meet with you as soon as possible. I am meeting Gorisil on the 30th in Cape Town, I am sure we shall become great friends because I will be there for 10 months.. oh how I shall miss sweet Sydney!

I really want to meet all of you…. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S. Anyone like my new avatar?

Gorisil 06-15-2003 05:36 PM

Wow Nil I just saw your photograph on Bree you are really gorgeous! I can’t wait to meet you. This is going to be really cool.

Beruthiel 06-16-2003 02:04 AM

You know Niluial, I was going to mention your avatar on the best avatar thread but ofcourse that is closed now... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
but the point is I love your avatar!

Back on topic, are there any teens in Melbourne by any chance? Everyone seems to be in Sydney or Brisbane!

Tarien Ithil 06-16-2003 08:54 AM

Yeah. Nil. It's a shame the Best Avatars is closed otherwise you'd have tons of nominations!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ahem, OK well back on topic.

Nil: Would you like to meet just before you leave for South Africa or just after?

Everdawn 06-17-2003 01:21 AM

Is anyone else from Brisbane? I seem to be the only one!

Iargwath 06-17-2003 05:50 AM

Quote:

Wow, Iargwath, so do I!!
Do you like to surf??
Cool stuff Tarien Ithil...where in Sydney do you live? Yeah surfing is cool but pretty hard...but boogie boarding sure is fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tarien Ithil 06-18-2003 11:46 AM

Yeah, I agree it is hard at first but you get used to it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I live not too far away from the grand and glorious Sydney Opera House! (Lucky me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img])
Weird, I see its lights every night but I've never been inside...Hmmm..hoping my boyfriend will take me someday!

Everdawn 06-19-2003 01:07 AM

Yay a grand total of 3 of us!
trust the surfers on BD to be australian...

Tarien Ithil 06-19-2003 12:31 PM

Hey, Everdawn, who is the third person who surfs?

That's me, you and ?? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Tarien Ithil ]

Everdawn 06-20-2003 02:38 AM

Iargwath.. i think..

Ok Boogey boards... jeez i hate them, they always take our waves! I almost got into a fight with a young guy.. (funny seeing a girl like me to do this) my brothers had a talk with him though and everything was fine.

Iargwath 06-20-2003 03:50 AM

Yeah i surf...in the summer mostly. I'm not quite good...but it's a great leisure activity [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The beach is one of my favourite places to be in the summer...really pleasant [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Gorisil 06-20-2003 11:34 AM

Niluial: I thought you said we were meeting on 23rd which is this Sunday. Where did you get the 30th from? I do hope it is not the 30th for I fear I can not wait that long [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Niluial 06-20-2003 04:43 PM

Oh, OI really am sorry Gorisil!!! Yes you are right it is the twenty second! I can’t wait either!!! Well just to let everyone know, I am in South Africa Johannesburg safe and sound and I am leaving for Cape Town tomorrow! I will most certainly tell everyone about my meeting with Gorisil.

Tarien Ithil – I am really sorry but I will only be able to see you in ten months.. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]!!!

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

Niluial 06-22-2003 02:39 AM

Well I got off the plain yesterday in Cape Town! It really is beautiful here! AIts really cold though. I had an hour trip to Hout Bay and found the house I shall be living in for ten months. It is a gorgeous house. Just big enough for me.. and suits all my needs, fit for a queen!!

It is two hours before I meet Gorisil in Caps Bay! I cannot wait!! I am all ready clothes, shoes, hair just not makeup!! I’l have to put some on… [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!! Well I cannot wait anymore!

Taralphiel 06-22-2003 06:53 AM

*wanders in* whee! Plenty of Sydneysiders!! Me too!

Yah...I shall not bring up the State of Origin in here. I do not want to start a war. But Queensland is a beautiful place I wish I could visit more often. Still, Sydney rocks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for meeting people, sure, why not! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tarien Ithil 06-22-2003 09:11 AM

Quote:

I will only be able to see you in ten months!
*sits in a corner and weeps*

It's OK, Nil. I'll wiat, in anxiety! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, Gorsil, do you live in Cape Town, South Africa??

Niluial 06-22-2003 09:27 AM

Hello!!!
Well, I just got back from seeing Gorisil. He is in actual fact very nice. We plan on meeting soon again. I got his number and he has got mine we plan on being great friends. It is nice to have a friend in a new country. I felt a little lost until today!!

~Niluial

Tarien Ithil 06-23-2003 11:44 AM

Hey, congrats on meeting Gorsil, Nil!
Can't WAIT to meet you!

BTW, do you like my new avvy? *flutters eyelashes*

Everdawn 06-25-2003 03:41 AM

OMG YOU NSW-ERS ARE GOING DOWN!.... *gasps* im the lone Queenslander! AHHH!....

We have a tourism ad here in Brizzie and it goes, "In our city, you can wear any colour as long as its maroon." meh meh meh... oh man if we loose i will be mortified.. But that shall not happen... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Everdawn 06-26-2003 02:01 AM

I will eat my words. I cannot begin to say how utterly depressed I am... Now Nsw gets their flag flown on the storey bridge... But you better watch out for next time. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Tarien Ithil 06-26-2003 11:30 AM

Um....Everdawn?

Silmarien 06-26-2003 08:00 PM

Hey Beruthiel I'm a teen and in Melbourne. YAY!!!
I'd like to meet but parents and all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Anyway I don't know if any of you have seen this sig but I think it's especially applicable to us Aussie's
Quote:

They say that NewZealand is Middle Earth.. Then that would make Australia the undying land which lies across the sea in the west.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!!

Beruthiel 06-26-2003 11:55 PM

Oh cool Silmarien!! How old are you? I'm 14 this year
I've seen that sig, its so true ain't it?! hehehe...