The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth CXV: On the Borders of Mirkwood - Dead Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=19402)

Formendacil 06-11-2020 02:59 PM

If Pitch pulls through (wow, I did not expect to say that when I was still aLive...), our vote would make four--so the wolves would need both an Innocent AND the Cobbler to break a tie (assuming of course that we're not so foolish to empower a later voter).

Nilp being MIA cuts both ways there...

Boromir88 06-11-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 727255)
WHERE is Nilp? If Brinn and Rikae vote with the wolves, we NEED him.

He messaged me when the BD was down (that's how I knew to check) and said that he unfortunately really needed to get some sleep (it was after all like 2 am for him). He said he would set an alarm, but no promises of course.

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lommy
Uhhh Rikae and Brinn and Nilp. Does Mac really look so suspicious to you that he should reasonably garner such a big chunk of the village suspicion?

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 727265)
Hold up. I'm one of your top suspects??

Brain... whirling.

Yeah, didn't Brinn think Greenie dreamed Shasta innocent? :confused:

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 727266)
He messaged me when the BD was down (that's how I knew to check) and said that he unfortunately really needed to get some sleep (it was after all like 2 am for him). He said he would set an alarm, but no promises of course.

Ahhhh. Well, hopefully the alarm works.

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:02 PM

No way is Mac innocent. He just listed Shasta as "bad" after saying earlier toDay that my list made Shasta look like a dreamed innocent. How are they not picking up on this?

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Little Green (Post 727274)
No way is Mac innocent. He just listed Shasta as "bad" after saying earlier toDay that my list made Shasta look like a dreamed innocent. How are they not picking up on this?

Right?????

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:03 PM

Brinn is stepping to the dark side... Rikae is there already.

So we need Nilp.

Formendacil 06-11-2020 03:06 PM

Well, I'm off to pick up supper, so I'll be dark 20-25 minutes, but I'll be back.

...not that I think we're going to need to reconsider Shasta as our voice, though it may end up futile, even so.

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:11 PM

Actually. If the wolves pick - or are aided to pick - Shasta as their forerunner, we'd have all the reasons to empower him!

A new tradition: The Dead Thread empowers the one villagers wrongly lynch.

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:11 PM

I can't believe Brinn is buying this. :o

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 727288)
Actually. If the wolves pick - or are aided to pick - Shasta as their forerunner, we'd have all the reasons to empower him!

Gotta stay true to form. ;)

Boromir88 06-11-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 727288)

I am very much loving every minute of this past hour. This is great

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:17 PM

If they kill Shasta/Sally toDay, whoever of Brinn and Rikae is innocent will (hopefully :eek:) realize they're on the wrong side and swap over. Someone else probably dies toNight, leaving four evils and three innocents, plus a Medium vote. It'll be a race to vote.

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 727294)
I am very much loving every minute of this past hour. This is great

I feel you.

The previous game was also hilarious from the Mod's POV. The only sad thing is that you can't actually share your laughs with anyone but need to hold them with you. :)

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae
If Brinniel is a wolf, empower Kath.
If Kath is a wolf, empower Lommy.
If Macalaure is a wolf, empower Pitch.
If Pitch is a wolf, empower Mac.
If Rikae is a wolf, empower Brinniel.
If Sally is a wolf, empower Nilp.
If Shasta is a wolf, empower Sally.
If Nilp is a wolf, empower Shasta.
If Lommy is a wolf, empower Rikae.

Is this the list they were expecting us to use? If so, and if Pitch does follow through and vote Mac, I think he might be our best shot. If not, I'm all for empowering Shasta and trusting them to figure out that Nilp isn't actually a wolf. Though probably shouldn't take that for granted in this game :rolleyes:

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:20 PM

I don't think the news that Mac is a wolf will surprise anyone no matter what happens. Either he dies and is a wolf, or an innocent dies and everyone knows who the wolves are. At this point, I don't think we can pass them any information that they shouldn't already know.

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Little Green (Post 727298)
Is this the list they were expecting us to use? If so, and if Pitch does follow through and vote Mac, I think he might be our best shot. If not, I'm all for empowering Shasta and trusting them to figure out that Nilp isn't actually a wolf. Though probably shouldn't take that for granted in this game :rolleyes:

Because there are several lists, it will be a matter of contention toMorrow anyway. So I'd just ignore it. The wolves will use any version of the list that suits their purposes whatever we do.

And Shasta's vote is also the earliest possible, if it comes to that being important.

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:22 PM

Pitch should make his vote official asap, and hope Nilp gets here. Otherwise, as soon as Brinn votes, the wolves + cobbler will slam on that vote within seconds and win the tiebreaker.

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie
Pitch should make his vote official asap, and hope Nilp gets here. Otherwise, as soon as Brinn votes, the wolves + cobbler will slam on that vote within seconds and win the tiebreaker.

YESSSSSSSS well done Pitch!

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:24 PM

It's suddenly oddly quiet in there. You can "hear" the brains working on overload in different parts of the planet.

The calm before the storm. :eek:

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:24 PM

YESSSSS A+ WORK Pitch!!!! :D :D

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:25 PM

Just waiting for Nilp now. Or for Brinn to see the light.

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie
I don't think the news that Mac is a wolf will surprise anyone no matter what happens. Either he dies and is a wolf, or an innocent dies and everyone knows who the wolves are. At this point, I don't think we can pass them any information that they shouldn't already know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nog
Because there are several lists, it will be a matter of contention toMorrow anyway. So I'd just ignore it. The wolves will use any version of the list that suits their purposes whatever we do.

And Shasta's vote is also the earliest possible, if it comes to that being important.

Fair enough on both counts. So empowering Shasta then?

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:26 PM

Imagine if Nilp shows up and insists Mac can't be a wolf because he didn't get Night killed that one time. :eek:

Greenie - Yes, I think we might as well make Shasta our Medium. He deserves it.

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Little Green (Post 727308)
Fair enough on both counts. So empowering Shasta then?

Probably yes.

If you need to go to sleep, I think you can go. But can you sleep at this situation? :D

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote
Imagine if Nilp shows up and insists Mac can't be a wolf because he didn't get Night killed that one time. :eek:

Oh my God I can actually see that happening.

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:28 PM

There's the Rikae vote. Interesting that our suspected cobbler starts it off.

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nog
If you need to go to sleep, I think you can go. But can you sleep at this situation?

Don't think so somehow :D

Formendacil 06-11-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 727310)

Oh dear [deleted expletives]! Don't even think that!

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 727310)

That is sooo possible! :(

Let's hope he believes more strongly to the Greenie-reading that Shasta is innocent.

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Yeah, there's no way three innocents just randomly decided to make a bandwagon against Mac.

Randomly? Lommy, pay attention!

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Yeah, there's no way three innocents just randomly decided to make a bandwagon against Mac.

:)

EDIT: X'd, naturally.

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:31 PM

Also it's kind of frustrating to be a dead Seer when no one actually pays any attention to what I said before I died :o

Loslote 06-11-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinniel (Post 727328)
While I don't want to split the vote up too much I have no interest in voting Shasta.

THANK GOODNESS. If Brinn and Rikae don't vote the same way, we won't need Nilp's vote after all. The wolves are going to try to convince her to vote Shasta, though.

Formendacil 06-11-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinniel (Post 727328)
Agreed, but I don't think all of them are wolves either.

While I don't want to split the vote up too much I have no interest in voting Shasta.

Listen to that little voice, Brinn!

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Little Green (Post 727326)
Also it's kind of frustrating to be a dead Seer when no one actually pays any attention to what I said before I died :o

:(

That's actually pretty sad.

Also for the Village's sake in general.

Nogrod 06-11-2020 03:34 PM

Go Brinn! Go! Trust your instincts!

Legate of Amon Lanc 06-11-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Little Green (Post 727326)

“Anyway, it’s best not to think about them, as if you do it makes the discussions with the other lawyers, all their advice and all that they do manage to achieve, seem so unpleasant and useless, I had that experience myself, just wanted to throw everything away and lay at home in bed and hear nothing more about it. But that, of course, would be the stupidest thing you could do, and you wouldn’t be left in peace in bed for very long either.”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial

:)

A Little Green 06-11-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nog
Go Brinn! Go! Trust your instincts!

She's so close to doing the right thing!