The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Quiz Room (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Qs and As about FOTR (the movie)... but I only want WRONG answers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4180)

pippin_took0 03-26-2002 12:10 PM

Qs and As about FOTR (the movie)... but I only want WRONG answers

I hope the title says it all. Still I'll explain how the game goes anyway.

Okay, I will ask a question about FOTR, the movie and the next person will have to give me a WRONG answer for it. The answer can be ridiculous, or funny as long as it's WRONG. Then this person will pose another question and the third person will continue on... get it? You always have to answer the question posed by the person above you and then come up with a question of your own for the next person.

Simple enough?

I'll start:

How did Frodo get to Rivendell?

Starbreeze 03-26-2002 02:13 PM

Hover-craft! He took the hover-craft from the landing point at Mordor! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

pippin_took0 03-27-2002 06:52 AM

What happened at the council of Elrond?

The Half-Hobbit 03-27-2002 12:16 PM

At the council of Elrond they all played with Barbie dolls untill it was WAY past bed-time. Merry and Arwen got into a fight because she said that he stole her Ken Doll, but that's not true. Aragorn threw Ken in a toilet and she was covering for him because she knew Elrond would be mad when he found that he needed to call a plumber.

The Half-Hobbit 03-27-2002 12:18 PM

What did the company find in the mines of Moria?

Sam Gamgee 03-29-2002 12:23 PM

A kitten. Sam went wandering off, cos he heard a soft noise, and found a little kitten. Gandalf got embarrassed cos he had thought that there was actually something dangerous in the mines. Sam got to keep the kitty, and Bill wandered in after them, so Sam then had a pony, and a kitten.

Sam Gamgee 03-29-2002 12:26 PM

What does Aragorn use to fight off the Nazgūl with on Weathertop?

The Half-Hobbit 03-30-2002 09:01 PM

Windex.....it really stings your eyes you know.

The Half-Hobbit 03-30-2002 09:02 PM

What is the name of Sam's pony friend?

Dior 03-30-2002 10:26 PM

The Necromancer. Called so because of his superb flying abilities.

Dior 03-30-2002 10:28 PM

What are the men of Rohan called?

Wool12 04-01-2002 05:41 PM

Rohanians! Duh

Wool12 04-01-2002 05:44 PM

Where is Frodo from?

Dior 04-01-2002 07:54 PM

Frankfurtemburg, but it was called Frankfurtemburg in Hobbitish.

Dior 04-01-2002 07:56 PM

What do Hobbits eat?

Watcher in the Water 04-01-2002 09:46 PM

Tree Bark - The tannins provide healthy doses of anti-oxidants, preventing aging. It also is an ideal source of fibre...

Watcher in the Water 04-01-2002 09:49 PM

How exactly did Smaug die?

Nuquernathonien 04-01-2002 09:59 PM

...Bilbo threw a rock and it hit him(Smaug) between the eyes!

Nevtalathiel 04-03-2002 03:08 AM

Whoever answered last doesn't seem to have asked a question,so I hope you don't mind me jumping in here

Who (or what) was Gandalf?

Menewilwarin of Mirkwood 04-03-2002 04:40 AM

Little does anyone know but Gandalf actually owned and ran a cloak shop in lorien... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Menewilwarin of Mirkwood 04-03-2002 04:42 AM

How did Gandalf 'defeat' the balrog in Moria?

pippin_took0 04-03-2002 05:10 AM

He offered to sell him a cloak, made with only the finest lorien-cloth, the cheapest you'll find, willing to negotiate...

pippin_took0 04-03-2002 05:10 AM

Who was Frodo's 'loyal companion'?

pippin_took0 04-03-2002 05:43 AM

Sauron, who loved Frodo so much he gave him a special ring so he could always remember their time together.

Who did the hobbits meet in Bree?

Eowyn of Ithilien 04-03-2002 06:51 AM

an evil Smurf by the name of Gobbledegook

Nevtalathiel 04-03-2002 10:39 AM

Ok, since Eowyn hasn't posted a question, here's one;

What did Galadriel give to Frodo when he left Lothlorien?

Dolenthangiel 04-03-2002 10:45 AM

an invisibility cloak and a firebolt (obviously she had been watching too much harry potter)

Who and what is Legolas?

Nevtalathiel 04-03-2002 11:48 AM

A Legolas is a type of evil, dangerous monster, which can freeze people using its laser eyes. The one in the fellowship was kidnapped by Celeborn and hypnotised to make him good.

Other than the one ring, were they any more, who were they given to and what did they do?

Nefwathiel Teleri 04-03-2002 07:30 PM

You guy are seriously wacked.

Lostgaeriel 04-05-2002 03:07 PM

There were 5 Olympic Rings given to the 5 Istari (Athletes). These rings gave the athletes corporate sponsorship power but corrupted them each according to his personality and ability. Saruman whined and whined until he was given a gold medal that matched Gandalf's. Radagast threw the bronze-medal game - he was bought off with a pair of running shoes and a case of cola. It was believed but never proved that Gandalf cheated. Rumours of his steroid use and blood-doping are still circulating in Middle-earth.

What colour is Galadriel's hair?

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Lostgaeriel ]

Alcarinque 04-05-2002 05:20 PM

It's hard to say... depending on the age you are talking about, at first she wanted to be rebel so she dyed it pink, but she didn't like it and she ended up with green hair, , then she went through her "goth phase" and dyed it black (alongside her clothes). Nowadays she went from blonde to redhead several times, and still can't decide which one suits her best.

Q: Which races are represented by the fellowship?

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Alcarinque ]

The Half-Hobbit 04-05-2002 09:52 PM

Legolas was a Vulcan....the ears give it away. Gimli is a VERY small klingon. Merry and Pippin are munchkins from Munchkin Land...they dance for the Lollipop Guild. Gandalf is the second cousin once removed of the Energizer Bunny. Aragorn is a pony...Bill is his brother. Sam, Frodo and Boromir are all a kind of large salamander.

Why are the Hobbits' feet so tough?

Birdland 04-06-2002 08:12 AM

When hobbits are born their feet are just like everyone elses. But the mother hobbit lovingly holds her child's feet to a belt sander every night. This eventually builds up tough callouses on the soles. (If the mother hobbit is good at it. It takes practice.)

As they grow, the children will do other things to get the perfect Halfling look; such as running on cinder tracks, stomping playfully on the feet of friends and siblings, and wading in lye.

Also Hobbits sleep suspended upside down in special "toe slings" so they can get the requisite length.

It sounds like alot, but it's all worth it. After all, who's going to marry a Hobbit with little, soft, naked feet?

Question:

How did dwarves mine mithril?

Nevfeniel 04-06-2002 09:11 AM

They don't really. That's just a myth. Actually, the dwarves have nothing to do with it. They take credit for the Elves who own a factory making mass-produced mithril swords, chain mail, etc.

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]

Lady Galadriel 04-06-2002 09:11 AM

The dwarves use rather intelligent, and blind, earthworms, which wear exquisitly marked pink hard-hats, to feel for the mithril, after which the dwarves pour green-tea icecream over the spots indicated by the worms, which melts away the rock, and the mithril remains
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
How do elves make lembas?

Nevfeniel 04-06-2002 09:35 AM

Lady Galadriel, your answer was better than mine! Anyways, the Elves make lembas by calling up their good friends in the land of Keebler to get the recipe. Then, their good friend Martha Stewart comes over and makes the lembas according to the recipe, since the Keebler Elves can't write in anything except their own native language, and Martha is the only one who can translate.
Sorry, I know that's pretty stupid, but I'm not quite as funny as most of the people in here. Here's my question: What was the name of the town the hobbits met Strider in?

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]

Lady Galadriel 04-06-2002 10:03 AM

I like your answer!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kracow, Kansas, in Lothlorien, and the hobbits reached there via a rather large tsunami. Strider got there because he won the figure skating competition, won the lotto, and decided to take a tropical vacation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How did middle earth get its current shape?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BTW you can just post the question once you answer, because I need to leave

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Lady Galadriel ]

Alcarinque 04-06-2002 11:53 AM

There once was a boy who liked baking cookies, one day, he was really bored ans started mixing the dough... he then shaped it as mountains, lakes, rivers...and so he created... MIDDLE EARTH...

(that's not funny... is it? sorry)

Q: What are the Argonath?

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Alcarinque ]

Lostgaeriel 04-07-2002 04:39 AM

The Argonath are a CFL (Canadian Football League) team based in Toronto the Good, or the Clean or Hogtown. In the 50's, I think - well, sometime in the Second Age - they made famous the "Argo bounce", which is when the ball carryer fumbles the ball and it miraculously bounces back into his hands.

Who was Gil-galad?

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took 04-07-2002 05:39 AM

Gil-galad is the founder and creator of Tupperware. He also tried to steal the secret 11 herbs and spices from the Kernal (sp?) Sanders.

This is fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Where did the Ent-wives go?