The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Telephone. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13160)

Gil-Galad 07-13-2007 05:56 PM

i'm in again

Lord Melkor 07-13-2007 09:30 PM

Great stuff, as usual!

Count me in for another! :D

Hookbill the Goomba 07-14-2007 01:07 AM

Are we doing 'doubles' again, Volo? I hope so, but if not, I'm okay for either drawing or writing.

Also, could I ask people to make sure to let everyone know if there is a delay in your task? Just so people don't get impatient. :)

Ooh. The Great man Himself has joined the game. :eek:

Volo 07-14-2007 10:04 AM

Hookbill
Nilp
- Write
Oro
Himself
Double-G
Lord

Well, if I'm picked to mod, I'd go for doubles. It is fine with me if somebody wants to do only writing or drawing, as long as we have eqeal of both sides.

So, Nilp, will you risk also drawing?

Oddwen 07-14-2007 10:47 AM

May I join this time?

I'd like to just write - but if we're doing doubles, then whatever's fine.

Gil-Galad 07-14-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo (Post 528154)
Hookbill
Nilp
- Write
Oro
Himself
Double-G
Lord

i feel so gangster... or a burger... its a interesting feeling...

Beregond 07-15-2007 12:42 AM

I'd love to play again. I'd prefer to write twice, but if you're short of artists I'll do that too, preferably on the second leg. :)

Thinlómien 07-15-2007 08:38 AM

I agree that this was maybe the best ever. I laughed so much. :D Nilp and BW playing? Awesome! A pity I will probably have to skip this round...

Volo 07-15-2007 10:42 AM

Hookbill
Nilp
- Write
Oro
Himself
Double-G
Lord
Oddie
- Write
Beregond - Write

Rune Son of Bjarne 07-15-2007 04:43 PM

I think it was a good game with some truly magnificent drawings. . . .I mean. .WOW!

But it think it is sad that there is a tendency to make the sentences very long and precise, personaly I love when they are short and open to interpretation.

oh well. . . it was very good non the less.

THE Ka 07-15-2007 07:14 PM

Sorry to bumble in here, but I couldn't help but comment on Spawn's work. That is the most adorable Sauron I've ever laid my eye upon...:)

If there is any room left, I wouldn't mind joining in. Drawing or writing, I don't mind a'tall. If not, no worries, I don't mind waiting until the next game. :)

~ Ka

The Barrow-Wight 07-15-2007 07:16 PM

I agree with Rune that shorter, less elaborate sentences are the best.

The Might 07-16-2007 05:06 AM

:D That was the funnist yet if you ask me, especially the part with the Nazgul hunting bears with AK47s, that really made me laugh.
So...I guess I'll join another one, but only as a writer.

Volo 07-16-2007 05:58 AM

Hookbill
Nilp
- Write
Oro
Himself
Double-G
Lord
Oddie
- Write
Beregond - Write
Ka
Miggy
- Write

People hey, we seriously lack drawing personell if we're taking doubles!!

dancing spawn of ungoliant 07-16-2007 11:18 AM

That was one of the funniest calls I've seen. Volo, do you still take players? I'll draw if needed.

ps. Thanks, Ka. :)

Nilpaurion Felagund 07-17-2007 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo (Post 528154)
So, Nilp, will you risk also drawing?

Nope, sorry. :o

Volo 07-17-2007 08:05 AM

More players welcome with great delight!

I think the doubles or half-doubles (some of the players go to 2nd round) doesn't work... Unless some of you sacrifice yourself to draw twice or not write at all.

Hookbill
Nilp
- Write
Oro
Himself
Double-G
Lord
Oddie
- Write
Beregond - Write
Ka
Miggy
- Write
spawn

Nogrod 07-17-2007 08:39 AM

I'd like to give this a try as well...

But I'm not going to be around between 26th of July - 2nd of August and neither after 4th of August...

So if you get this going soon I might take part as one on the first rounds... or if this takes very long then as one of the last ones.

I'd rather write but could draw if needed (expect the worst then :D).

Volo 07-17-2007 09:26 AM

Ok, let's get this thing started! A normal round. Looks promissing. :)

Hookbill - Draw
Noggie - Write
Himself - Draw
Oddie - Write
Oro - Draw
Beregond - Write
Double-G - Draw
Miggy - Write
Lord - Draw
Nilp - Write
spawn - Draw
Ka - Write

Volo 07-22-2007 03:05 PM

Orominuialwen, are you around?

Orominuialwen 07-22-2007 11:58 PM

Yep! Sorry, I should have my drawing done soon.

Volo 07-23-2007 05:35 AM

:) No problem with me, I'm the mod, I can wait. ;)

Volo 07-23-2007 06:11 AM

I'm truly sorry, but I'll probably have to move the modding task on somebody else, as I remembered that I have this camp thing starting next week... Would anybody care to mod from 30.07 onward?

Gil-Galad 07-23-2007 12:39 PM

this is going to take me awhile too, i can not do drawing yet i always get it... so it is going to be hard on me and i don't know when i can get this one done good enough that i like it...

Hookbill the Goomba 07-23-2007 03:40 PM

I can take over if you wish. When modding, one only does one part, it will be like I started with a drawing rather than a sentence. :D

Volo 07-23-2007 04:42 PM

Thanks! I'll send you all the phrases and pictures before I leave. :)

The Might 08-02-2007 04:57 AM

Umm...just to be sure...Gil is still drawing right?
Just hope I didn't miss my turn or anything

Hookbill the Goomba 08-02-2007 02:35 PM

Gil has had to pull out of this one. I've had to move things around a bit.

Hookbill - Draw
Noggie - Write
Himself - Draw
Oddie - Write
Oro - Draw
Beregond - Write
Lord - Draw
Miggy - Write
spawn - Draw
Nilp - Write
Ka - Draw
Lommy- Write
Aganzir - Draw
Gil-Galad - Write

Gil-Galad 08-02-2007 02:39 PM

sorry for this game, i have to put my self on permanent writing because i have really nothing to draw with and i only drew last game because i was using a friends computer.

so for all you future mods, if you don't want the game to stall up like this, don't put me on drawing! or else you'll ge nothing back...

Thinlómien 08-02-2007 03:24 PM

Hookbill, if you'd prefer ending it with writing, I can do it if it's okay I won't be available before the 12th. :)

Hookbill the Goomba 08-06-2007 10:41 AM

Spawn, please clear up your inbox. You got a call coming in on line 1! :p

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-07-2007 12:43 AM

Sorry, it's cleared now. :)

Hookbill the Goomba 08-08-2007 06:56 AM

NILP! You got a call coming in.
Clear that inbox o' yours, sir.
:eek:

Nilpaurion Felagund 08-09-2007 03:05 AM

Dreadfully sorry.

Line's clear now. :)

Aganzir 08-10-2007 05:10 AM

I thought this would have been over by now that I return home, but as it apparently isn't, I'd like to join if Mr. Hookbill allows it. I prefer drawing, if possible.

Hookbill the Goomba 08-10-2007 05:40 AM

Quote:

I'd like to join if Mr. Hookbill allows it. I prefer drawing, if possible.
You're in, sir. This is looking like a good one so far.

Gil-Galad 08-10-2007 11:37 AM

Alright i can still be in this telophone call only if i'm writing... i didn't want to be out of it in the first place...

Hookbill the Goomba 08-18-2007 12:51 AM

We're done!

Volo invented a few new words and let them fly:

"Niggle opens an Art School in Harad. The Voices are holding speeches for the crowd."

Hookbill tried some heavy stuff and saw this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...igglesArts.jpg

Nogrod managed to call the wrong number, but that only made him more confident that this was what happened:

"A bunch of 'Downers are welcomed at Niggle's Harad art school but sadly the phantom is not allowed as he's believed to be a Nazgul. Phantom cries while Alien laughs inside."

The Barrow-wight Himself decided to be very clever this time and actually went all the way to take a photograph of the event:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rrow-Wight.jpg

Oddwen decided to keep it short and use her version so this is what happened:
"The phantom of the Opera the Hun is not allowed to submit forgeries to the Tolkien museum - originality is important there as it is on the 'Downs."

Orominuialwen took her time being amused by countless ideas and drew over a million variations on the theme. This was the most artistic:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/Oromin-1.jpg

Beregond climbed up a tree and started a wierd ritual including strange noises. The spirits heard him and brought enlightment:

"The pompously unfashionable Phantom of the Opera tried to sell "The Lost Manuscripts of Tolkien" to the Tolkien Museum, but met with rage when the book was proven fake."

... To be Continued...

Hookbill the Goomba 08-18-2007 12:53 AM

Lord Melkor was forced into a box which was then mailed to the sun. When he got back, slightly burned, he drew something... inventive...

http://i19.tinypic.com/6afnrcn.jpg

The Might was so suprised that he was sick on his computer. So he borrowed someone elses and wrote this...

The phantom tries to make money out of selling fake Tolkien manuscripts but is caught by Tolkien fans and must return home to Alien

Spawn’s sense of duty kicked in and she went out to save the world. When she was done, we asked her to draw a pointless picture.

http://i17.tinypic.com/63txd2e.jpg

Nilp had some trouble sleeping... Because the Paper Telephone team kept shining bright lights in his eyes to make sure he wrote a darn good sentence for us...

A trio of violent kids are having an 'almost authentic' Lord of the Rings memorabilia sale, and their clientèle is simply out of this world!

Ka had a difficult time visualizing the full horror of this terrible scene.

http://i14.tinypic.com/6gastvb.jpg

Lommy faced a challenge in writing. But the Penguins gave her a hand… or flipper… whatever…

Arwen's little business affair was going well as long as the reporters didn't know she was selling her Mystic Middle-Earth Stuff to goblins and fools in front of the Cecily Café.

To be concluded...

Hookbill the Goomba 08-18-2007 12:53 AM

Aganzir was very upset about this sentence. But we used some sticks and stones until we got a picture...

http://i14.tinypic.com/6gyimiv.jpg

Gil-Galad was sick all over the floor. And out of the mess, he made a lovely sentence for us...

Cecile the Jester and Ugluk both hoped that their gift to Arwen the Fortune-teller will impress her enough to help Cecile's cafe and Ugluk's nakedness

Well that's it for another paper Telephone. Thanks to all our contributors and to Volo for starting us off. Anyone want another?