The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Memorial of Members (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4648)

Inziladun 12-12-2002 03:13 AM

Well! After all my Extremist rantings about the movie and an absence I haven't had a mention! I must visit more often and stir things up. Then again, I have peeped in from time to time the last several months and maybe I was observed....and therefore a memorial would be unwarranted. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Orald 12-12-2002 02:23 PM

I missed you Inziladun. It is just the fact that I am rarely here to contribute to threads myself, and I miss all the other old EZ boarders, even the ones that still visit the chat or the forum every once in a while. Of the people that I know haven't been back for some time: enep, the lorien wanderer, saulotus, mac, and zif.

Inziladun 12-13-2002 03:11 AM

I've missed the old bunch too, you not the least Durelen. Nice to see you again.

HerenIstarion 12-13-2002 10:30 AM

Hya, Inziladun, Good Policeman, and Durelen, the Black Star. Nice to see you around. And yes, I have noticed you here and there occasionally [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 12-14-2002 09:35 AM

I haven't noticed Robin headstrong around lately (well not compared to some of the people here) she's not posted anywhere for a montth or so as far as I can tell.

Susan Delgado 12-14-2002 04:06 PM

I've noticed the same thing about Aosama, The Wandering Star.

Diamond18 12-14-2002 05:11 PM

Well, I haven't been here that long (just about three months) so there aren't that many people I've detected missing. But I do kind of miss merlilot...just 'cause she was a fellow Pippin fan and I always perk up when I encounter those. Then there was Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas
...she was very exuberent. I wonder where she went. And then there's Arwen1858, she was here for a very little time, but posted a lot and seemed really nice, and then BAM she was gone again.

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]

dragoneyes 12-14-2002 05:15 PM

yes, I noticed that Katrina Greenarrow Legolas had gone missing, her posts in middle-earth mayhem were quite good (that's quite a compliment from me) it takes a heck of a lot to make me laugh unless I'm tired and I think she succeeded once.

EDIT: Arrghhh! Stop changing your post! Sorry, I'll go away now.

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]

Galadrie1 12-15-2002 05:39 PM

I haven't seen GreatWarg for a while....

Neferchoirwen 12-16-2002 02:32 AM

Oh yes, Tirned...quite a deep thinker right there. I think she's on another one of her Viking camps again. Hope she comes back with mead.

Amanaduial the archer 12-16-2002 01:10 PM

Quote:

I've noticed the same thing about Aosama, The Wandering Star
Aosama has actually left.

Lush 12-16-2002 07:08 PM

Does anyone know why Aosama left? Please don't tell me she was part of the whole "the new rules suck" exodus; I had enjoyed her presence here.

Amanaduial the archer 12-17-2002 12:38 PM

I think she left a little before that. I think it was more of a time issue and just a tiring of the downs. Ill ask Cimmerian if you want; he speaks to her still.

FaramirTook 12-19-2002 11:08 AM

I have news on the whereabouts of NN10. He has joined the Bywater Forum. I didn't tell him to do it. Please don't kill me...*hides in a corner*
PS
I may have joined the Bywater Forum when it was ABD, but I really don't have beef with BD, or it's mods.

DarkRose 12-19-2002 12:50 PM

Wow, I've been gone for a while, myself. Life is hectic, no?

I miss Gimli Son of Gloin alot. He was so nice and cheerful. Is he gone for good? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Oh, good, Tigerlily! You're still here! I hadn't seen you for a while. Maybe cause I didn't look in the right places. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also miss Dwalin and Diamond18. I haven't seen Rose Cotton in a while, too. =(

Mithadan 12-19-2002 05:48 PM

I saw Rose about a week ago here. Diamond posted in this thread about a week ago. At least a half dozen of our "missing" members have reappeared recntly. Everyone's coming out of the woodwork and returning to the Downs!

Diamond18 12-19-2002 11:48 PM

Yes, I'm still here! I have been holed up in the movies section since Wednesday, though, trying to get all my opinions in before everything's been said, y'know. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Rose Cotton is in there too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tigerlily Gamgee 12-20-2002 12:27 AM

Welcome back, DarkRose! Nice to see you again.
Yes, I am still here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Glad to be here. It's funny because I didn't think anyone would suspect me to be gone...

I have seen miss Rose Cotton around some. I know that she is attending the Toronto convention, "The Gathering of the Fellowship", with me next December [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
It'll be nice to finally meet another Barrow-Downer.

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Tigerlily Gamgee ]

Amanaduial the archer 12-20-2002 09:44 AM

I reckon even more of them will return when the 2nd movie comes out, and we'll be in for an influx of newbies

DarkRose 12-20-2002 12:36 PM

Ah, great! It's wonderful to see that I was mistaken about some people vanishing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I haven't been in The Movies forum at all, as of late. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/anger.gif I am not seeing TTT until Sunday, so I don't want to read anything that might take away some of the splendor of seeing the movie for my first time. It's so difficult to stay away, but I have to, ehe.

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: DarkRose ]

Marileangorifurnimaluim 12-21-2002 11:53 PM

Mith, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I guess we're like ghosts at the funeral, wondering if we're mourned, heh. I finally finished that fanfiction, but my Beta reader is struggling with the size.

Now I have these people beating their drums for a sequel.

How large did yours turn out to be, I wonder? I suddenly have great respect for voluminous writers.

I personally find it difficult to read or write LotR fanfiction, unless it is parodies or far OOC. Serious Tolkien fanfiction makes me sad, reminds me that Tolkien will write no more...

What happened to zifnab?

Maril

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]

Bęthberry 12-22-2002 12:14 AM

zifnab was in chat on Tuesday, Maril, and said he might be around more often now.

Speaking of fanfic, *coughs* any chance of any RPGs? New proposal process, at a takeout window, so to speak, for faster service. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

Marileangorifurnimaluim 12-22-2002 07:47 PM

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What?! After what happened with AAwtK???! How much will I be paid?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Maril

Pallando B.C 12-23-2002 06:10 AM

You never see anyone Who is a member under 100, in the Quiz Room.

But I'd like to see Alatar_69 a bit more on the forum. (I try and encourage him but......)

Eärendil 12-23-2002 02:58 PM

I miss amyrlis, I haven´t seen her for a long time, I always enjoyed her posts.

Amanaduial the archer 12-23-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

any chance of any RPGs?
*waves hand frantically in the air* Ooh, me, me! I hereby anyone who wants to join a role play, or actually even if you dont, the Kidnapped Role play is looking a little bare...go on, have a look at least!?

Gayalondiel 12-24-2002 05:29 AM

Hey Elenna, it's so sweet that you thought of me! I'm not gone, just had a very busy term (Second year uni students are always busy).

I did miss you, too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'll try to post more often xx

Bruce MacCulloch 12-24-2002 09:39 PM

Blah!
(Those who know will understand.)

Bęthberry 12-27-2002 06:32 AM

Maril,

Quote:

How much will I be paid?
Probably about as much as the rest of us: 2 cents. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Bethberry

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

Arwen Imladris 12-27-2002 12:16 PM

Will someone who "knows" tell us what Bruce MacCulloch said?

Maikadilwen 12-28-2002 07:33 PM

I really miss Cuthalion.

Guess all good things must come to an end... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Bęthberry 12-28-2002 07:39 PM

Trust me, Maika; he'll be back. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry

Susan Delgado 12-28-2002 11:36 PM

He better be...he's got a loose proposal out there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Elven-Maiden 01-01-2003 07:52 PM

I was just thinking about starting a topic just like this one! i'm so glad I happened on Eruwne's first!

I miss Rosa Underhill and Samwise most of all! They always made me feel so welcome when I was new (just before the mad rush). I left for a time, but now I'm back, and I'm really sorry that they're gone too! I hope they'll come back, just as I did.

I know there are MANY more I'm forgetting, but I just can't think of their names! But whoever you all are- I miss you too! COME BACK! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Eärendil 01-01-2003 07:59 PM

Samwise is not gone, I see her in the Quotable Quotes forum every now and then. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Eärendil ]

Diamond18 01-01-2003 08:09 PM

Whatever happened to Knight of Gondor? I haven't seen him around since about a week before the movie came out.

Samwise 01-01-2003 11:36 PM

Quote:

I miss Rosa Underhill and Samwise most of all! They always made me feel so welcome when I was new (just before the mad rush).
Aw...thank you. I appreciate it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
As for Rosa, I'm afraid I haven't "seen" her in quite some time, either. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Elven-Maiden 01-02-2003 09:52 AM

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Samwise!!!! You're BACK!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] *hugs*

dragoneyes 01-02-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

Hey Elenna, it's so sweet that you thought of me
Elenna's gone too.

Amanaduial the archer 01-03-2003 02:58 PM

Elenna and Shadow_staar both.

Arcanjo; I didnt see many of his posts, but he started what was to be an amazing RPG.

Ainabeleth of Lorin; didnt see many of her posts either, but she started another RPG Im in. Which isnt quite so amazing as yet, but its working, its working....Itll be amazing yet.