The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   LOTR Sightings! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5271)

Lady Snickerdoodle 11-14-2003 07:39 PM

LOTR Sightings!

Recently, at the mall, I was walking out of a store with my friend just as a total Legolas twin walked in (he had shorter hair though, and rounded ears.) I kind of walked into those post thingies that detect shoplifted store items because I was so startled... (and then turned around to stalk him for a little while) And then, I was hiking with my family and this short guy walked past who looked like Pippin, (but I didn't walk into anything this time.) So, just wondering if anyone else has "seen" someone from LOTR?

Annalaliath 11-14-2003 08:12 PM

THere is this dude at school who looks kind of like Hugo weaving. I told him that and he laughed. He hangs out with me and my freinds in the cafatera from time to time now.

THE Ka 11-14-2003 08:18 PM

ok, since no one around here wants to be nice i'll talk to you since i'm a nice Ka. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (really. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i mean it).

well, i've had many LOTR sightings but, let's begin with my favorite.

There is a man down the street from my house, and every morning he starts up his 56' chevy pick-up truck. well, every morning the Ka has to walk down that same street at the SAME time this man starts up his pick-up.(sorry if this is sounding too much like a "fairy tale" format but, come on it happens every day.) Any way, it is always very early in the morning (don't ask me what i do when i walk down the street at 5:00 a.m. every morning.) So, as any Scorpio would do as they are very curious, i stopped walking at stood and looked at the man as he walked to his truck. Then by some unknown fource he stopped looked staight at me and stared. Luckley, the moon was out and i saw him i had to double look the first time. What i saw was Boromir- or so i thought. He was around early 40's and had golden/reddish hair (just like boromir) and about 5'11'' (the same height of Sean Bean who plays boromir in the FOTR). Well, we stood there for about 5 minutes just stareing at each other. Then he double shook his head, as if he was seeing things. Then like always he got in his truck, and i walked down the street.

Pretty amuseing then? I really don't know what he thought i was from his memory but, i don't really want to know.

oh! also i see a merry look alike everyday for about 3 hours. Verry funny, gets confused alot, impatient. yup, sounds like a merry. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

ok i'm done. call me an freak know.
Quote:

"where ever i go there's always pooh. There's always pooh and me. Whatever do, he wants to do just pooh and me."
- A.A.Milne

Enorëiel 11-14-2003 08:23 PM

There's this guy at my school who looked almost exactly like Dominic Monaghan - every time i see him I can't help but smile like a fool (he's just so darn cute [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) I haven't gotten the chance to tell him that he looks like Merry though... he'd probably look at me really crazy like then walk off. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: Enorëiel ]

Esgallhugwen 11-14-2003 08:48 PM

Well there's this one guy at my school, I never thought of it at first, but he looks alot like Frodo!! Well if he had curly hair. So I suppose it would make more sense to say he looks like Elijah Wood, and it very ironic (not wanting to give away his identity) that part of his last name is Wood!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Now that contains within it great irony. don't you think!?

Lady Alasse 11-14-2003 09:55 PM

Hmmm let me think

My brother's friend's brother has the same color hair as Elijah Wood and the same very dark blue eyes.

My Aunt really reminds me of Galadriel. She has the same long blond hair and everything! It's kinda scary.

ElenCala Isil 11-14-2003 10:34 PM

When I moved to central america, there was this guy on the plane sitting a few seats in front of me, who looked strikingly like Billy Boyd. About the same height too...I kept looking over at him and snickering to myself. I've been told I should have run up to him and asked for an autograph..heh..

Meela 11-15-2003 07:15 AM

The guy at my cinema is a tall version of Gimli.

I'm the spitting image of both Gollum and Eowyn (my appearance has a habit of changing daily...).

A friend of mine looks exactly like Frodo. Her sister is a teensy bit like Sam.
(We used to act out Frodo/Sam/Gollum scenes on the way home from the cinema)

My next door neighbour's cat looks like Eowyn. Exact same eyes.

One of the college lecturers looks like Gandalf. Another one looks like Pippin. And there's a guy who looks exactly like one of the Gondorian extras from TTT.

And I once stood behind David Wenham for five minutes at the supermarket. But sadly it wasn't actually David Wenham, just his identical twin. Exact same nose, slightly shorter hair.

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]

Lyta_Underhill 11-15-2003 10:14 AM

I look like a cave troll until I get my coffee in the morning... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers!
Lyta (looking a bit more hobbitish now!)

Lindril Arvilya 11-15-2003 10:48 AM

Oh my goodness. There is this guy in my Spanish class, and he looks JUST. LIKE. FARAMIR! *swoons* Oh, if only that sneaky acrobatics instructor (who's also in the class) hadn't got to him first! *sigh*
But moving on.
Another guy in that class, my friend Tyson (who incidentally hates LotR... it's a love-hate relationship for us) just came into class last week with a beard and moustache... and now he looks like Aragorn, minus the long dirty hair. He's cute this way. I told him who he resembled, and he took it as an insult, but I explained to him that it was actually a very high compliment. Now he thinks I'm hitting on him. *shrugs* Ah well.... maybe I will.

Lindril (ladies man.. no, the reverse) Arvilya

Elennar Starfire 11-15-2003 12:57 PM

My friend who is in my dance class and my math class looks almost exactly the same as Eowyn! I told her so. I keep trying to get her to do her hair in an Eowyn style, but she hasn't yet.

Finwe 11-15-2003 01:15 PM

I have a friend who can imitate both Gimli and Gollum so well, that he's snuck up behind me in the halls sometimes, and scared the living daylights out of me by saying "The thievesss.... the filthy little thievessss....." right over my shoulder.

Lady Snickerdoodle 11-15-2003 01:45 PM

Wow, I seriously think there could be a LOTR mafia. Stalking all the LOTR freaks... Someone second me on this because my friends think I have gotten even more crazy then usual... Don't you think that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would look exactly like Frodo if he took off the glasses, wiped off the scar and slightly permed his hair?

Oh yeah, my math teacher looks like Gandalf, except for extra tall and with shorter hair. He talks like him too. Like kind of slowly but you can tell he's very wise and has been around for centuries...

Lyta_Underhill 11-15-2003 01:53 PM

Quote:

Don't you think that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would look exactly like Frodo if he took off the glasses, wiped off the scar and slightly permed his hair?
Actually, I had approached this idea from the other side. I thought Elijah Wood would play a great grown up Harry, especially after he donned the British accent (although it is obvious that his 'accent' is different from Daniel's.)
Quote:

Oh yeah, my math teacher looks like Gandalf, except for extra tall and with shorter hair. He talks like him too. Like kind of slowly but you can tell he's very wise and has been around for centuries...
You're lucky! My old analytical chemistry teacher (this was, like, 11 years ago, mind!) talked like he had been around for centuries, but no one could understand a word he said! (I don't think it was Elvish, either!)

Cheers,
Lyta

Duncariel 11-15-2003 01:54 PM

Heh. All you lucky people who look like Eowyn. My Grandmother and mother think I look like Arwen. *cringes* It's painful to think about.

Imladris 11-15-2003 02:17 PM

I have a friend who likes like and elf...and that particular elf would be Arwen. Seriously, hide her enoumously curly hair under a black, Middle-earthish cloak and give her pointed ears she looks just like Liv Tyler: her smile, her eyes, her face...even a stranger said she looked like Arwen.

Nehani 11-16-2003 09:03 PM

Whenever I start say something in Elvish, my friend says I look like Arwen. It's not right. I don't consider myself that way.

Anyways, I was out and about yesterday(strange for me) and I saw the back of some guys head. He had shoulder length dark, dirty hair. He was wearing a baseball hat, but when he turned around, he had the whole beard thing going on. I squeeked, and just stood there staring until he walked away. I think he was a construction worker or something. Typical Alaskan look.

Lily 11-16-2003 10:31 PM

There was this guy I worked with one summer. He looked like Elijah Wood a little, he had the same hair style and blue eyes. Also I went to the Renissance Faire (sorry if it's spelled wrong) and I saw a woman dressed as Legolas, it was actually kind of cool. I said hi to her she was cool. Anyway, also a relitive of mine has elf ears it's so cute. My mom has hobbit hair! Hehee! I love it! And I think that's it.. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Everdawn 11-17-2003 12:47 AM

OH MY GOD!

I was at the rugby the other night, (scot V Australia) and i saw this guy who looked like Dominic Monaghan sitting a row infront of me i stared at him for about half an hour.. (missing some of the game) And then i wondered.. what would Dom be doing at the rugby? (he was wearing a scot. Jersey) and then i remembered.. he has a scottish friend.. And then i thought why is he in Aust? and i was goign to go and talk to him and he stood up and walked past me and im like.."nah..." it wasnt him... i could have cried!

But in Sydney a few weeks ago, walking along George Street, and stopping at the lights was a guy who looked like Karl Urban.. .(So i immediatly had heart failure becuase i love Karl Urban)But i lost sight of him, so i still dont know whether it was him or not.. and then i went to he Zoo and i saw Prince Harry, i thought the Prince Harry 'exhibit' was boring so i went to see the lions... whilst still thinking if it was Karl Urban i saw before.

Nilpaurion Felagund 11-17-2003 02:48 AM

I saw Hirgon, Halbarad, and Haldir roaming our school. Turns out I was having the
"Hallucinate about dead people whose names start with H" day. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->banakil on mumakil

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]

Elvish Archer 11-17-2003 04:42 PM

Boy Scout Camp - I swear one of CIT (counseler in training) was Merry. We even compared a pic of this guy with a pic of the real Merry and they were hard to tell apart
Venture Post - There's a girl in my Venture post that's a dead-ringer for a yound Galadriel. It's SCARY.

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Elvish Archer ]

Nimrothiel 11-17-2003 06:35 PM

I look kind of like Arwen, or at least an elf. I have moderately pointed ears, and if I put some of my hair in front of them and leave the rest behind my ears it enhances the effect. One of my classmates can do a perfect Gollum/Smeagol impression.
It's scary, he sounds EXACTLY like them when they're arguing. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

kittiegirl 11-17-2003 07:55 PM

Yeah, my brother can do that too.

My friend Caleb looks a lot like Merry, exact same hair, nose shape, and eye color too.

And I don't know why, but my other friend Dave reminds me of Eomer.
Don't ask me why, but he does.

kittiegirl 11-17-2003 07:57 PM

Oh, and i once cled my friend Caleb "Merry", and he said "OH, so I look like a girl named Merry."

I laughed very hard and said "No you look like a hobbit named Merry, who is in fact a BOY hobbit.

He got a little angry after that, but we made up.
After I laughed so hard soda sprayed out of my nose.

Elennar Starfire 11-17-2003 08:52 PM

Quote:

My Grandmother and mother think I look like Arwen. *cringes* It's painful to think about.
I have been told I look like a cross between Arwen and Legolas.

At Fort Bridger Rendezvous I saw a guy who looked almost exactly like Aragorn, except his hair was lighter. I nearly fell over, which wouldn't have been good as I was going over a bridge at the time, and did not particularly want to be wet. Seriously, the guy could have been Aragorn after being in the sun long enough to bleach his hair a little. And, since it was rendezvous, he was wearing the right sort of clothes.

Annalaliath 11-18-2003 06:28 PM

My freind Danny looks like an agent Elrond if he shaves and dies his hare a darker color. Just now I mentioned this thing and he just came out with, "Mr. Baggins." with a straight face and all.

Nilpaurion Felagund 11-19-2003 09:17 PM

My Physics 101 professor is Butterbur's descendant(probably a third cousin, 78 times removed... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Anywhen...he was capable of endless talk, and he was very rotund, though not bald. But still...he does look like the inkeeper of the Prancing Pony...

->Elenrod

Everdawn 11-19-2003 10:18 PM

..Is he as stupid?

kittiegirl 11-19-2003 10:46 PM

Wow, that's polite.

StarJewel 11-19-2003 10:49 PM

I sympathize with you, Nilpaurion. My Honors Chemistry teacher last year was like that. He was rotund, balding, and oh baby did he have the stupid part down. Messed up my grade more times than I can count. Anyway, he wasn't a descendant of Butterbur, he was Butterbur!

Nilpaurion Felagund 11-19-2003 11:32 PM

He was real smart...but he was too talkative. He took the entire two hours of our period just discussing vectors. He was telling us things we never thought to ask, like why a negative scalar value is acceptable...

Can you believe that guy? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

->Elenrod

Everdawn 11-20-2003 12:06 AM

i wasnt trying to be mean. I was just saying, Butterbur is described as stupid...

[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

Imladris 11-20-2003 12:35 AM

Maybe not necessarily stupid, but Barliman was exceptionally slow if you get my meaning. *nods significantly*

Hmmm...I wish that I knew of people who looked like people from LotR...my brother saw some person on the street who looked like Orlando Bloom, does that count?

Lady Snickerdoodle 11-20-2003 02:42 PM

Imladris- I have seen Orlando Bloom so many times it isn't even funny. But I think I was hallucinating for half the time- in the the other half they really DID look like OB, causing me to follow them around for a little while... (yes, I support stalkerism, life would be so boring without it) And I don't see whats so wrong with looking like Arwen (whoever said it, I'm too lazy to go back and check) I dressed up as her for half of halloween (when I couldn't stand my fairy wings anymore- just took them off and braided the sides of my hair) I don't think I pulled it off though.

Who is karl Urban...? I've heard his name but I'm having a brain fart at the moment. He's either Eomer or Theodred... right?

Lady Snickerdoodle 11-20-2003 02:44 PM

I remembered- definitely Eomer because Theodred dies. Sorry about that.

Sapphire_Flame 11-20-2003 04:18 PM

There's a kid at my school who is a carbon copy of Elijah Wood, I swear. Everyone calls him "the Frodo kid". And at another school near me, there's an Orlando look-alike.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~

Ainaserkewen 11-20-2003 04:30 PM

Wow Sapphire_Flame wish I went to your school. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Actually, theres this kid who just moved into my school...he's no carbon copy of our favourite little ring-bearing hobbit, but something about him just makes me think of Elijah Wood.
No one else seems to notice, I think it's just me and I'm crazy, but I swear he has the same nose and eye shape(though not the same colour) And he has "hockey hair" if you don't know what that means you're lucky(lousiy canadian guys and there overly long hair) Anyways, it looks like the Frodo wig only lighter.
I think I am going nuts...maybe this kid just has what I like to call an "elvish" face, like Frodo...

Shire Flower 11-22-2003 01:36 AM

I’ve never seen a person who looked almost identical to one of the LOTR actors or actresses. (Once I saw a guy wearing a brown pointed “wizard style” hat though... He looked like he belonged in Middle Earth, smoking a pipe with Gandalf in some idyllic countryside.... Perhaps a Radagast the Brown lookalike?) However, my dad looks ALMOST IDENTICAL to Denethor in a painting called “Denethor Meets a Halfling” by Douglas Beekman. It’s so weird... it’s like the painter was using my dad as a model.

Nehani 11-23-2003 01:10 AM

Two days ago, I was at one of the last Symphony rehearsals. I saw one of the late violinists run in, and I only saw the side of face. His hair was dyed blond at the tips, and for a while it seemed that he had pointy ears. I gasped (really, and squeeked at the same time). Then he sat down in front of me, to my disapointment, and he had normal ears again.

Finwe 11-23-2003 10:56 AM

One of my friend looks exactly like Elijah Wood. It's so scary!!!! Of course, I tell her that all the time, so she's really sick of it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Another one of my friends would look like Aragorn if he grew his hair out and started growing a goatee. It's rather scary. He's got the exact-same coloring as Aragorn in the movie.