The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Admin Thread - WW LXXXIII: Nightmare on the East Road (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=16886)

Boromir88 10-24-2010 01:25 PM

YAY! And not a moment to spare! :D

Well actually a few moments, since roles will be sent out and Night 1 begin tomorrow (have a birthday dinner celebration since my entire family + soon to be brother-in-law just happen to have birthdays in October, and this will be a massive celebration right smack in the middle :p). But if I didn't get up to at least 16 signed up, I was going to force myself to cut one of the cobblers, to stay at a 3 to 1, good to baddie ratio. Now that there are 16 (plus later on tonight, will have word from 2 others) all the roles will remain.

I'll change the orginal post now to make more clear the B-W and Bombadil roles.

Thinlómien 10-25-2010 06:50 AM

Aww now I'm sorry I'm not playing! Volo you must play again soon. ;) Glad to see you back here!

Everybody, have a nice game.
Innocents, win. :Merisu:

Boromir88 10-25-2010 11:03 AM

Sign-ups closed. Roles being sent out momentarily. Everyone should get a PM, if you did not get one than PM me back.

Night 1 will officially start when I put up the game thread in 5 hours. But once you receive your roles, wolves go ahead and chatter. Seer send in your first dream whenever.

*rubs hands in anticipation to start....finally* :D

Edit: Barrow-wight role is staying the same as the original post as essentially a "role blocker." It chooses one person to stun each night, and if it's someone with a role, that person can't perform their nightly duties. There is NO chance the person stays stunned into the next Day.

Boromir88 10-25-2010 12:24 PM

All roles have been sent out. Night 1 will begin at the DL, 6pm EST (11pm GMT). I should have the game thread up by that time, but right now I have to run off to practice.

Anything that needs clarified send me a PM.

One more thing...

Anyone who sends in a name during the NIGHT. Please send in your choices at least 1-hour before the deadline. Anything up to the DL will count, but I'll just be a much happier person if they come in earlier and I have time to do the narrations. Thanks.

Barrow-wight, your stun choice just needs to be sent in by the end of each DAY phase.

satansaloser2005 10-25-2010 08:29 PM

For the record, a brief glimpse into my days....

Sally goes to work at 7:00. Sally works all day. Sally gets off work at 4:30. It takes Sally 20-25 minutes to get home. The deadline is 5:00 for Sally.

Sally also has a cold, and as such will be going to bed at about this time every night for the foreseeable future.

Thus, don't expect Sally to be too terribly loud. Or talk in third person again. Ever. :/

That is all. On about your business. :)

Glirdan 10-26-2010 08:39 PM

I am off to work for now, but I will be back with plenty of time to vote before the DL, but do bear in mind that I will probably be voting about three hours early as I need to go to bed about that time so I can sleep before work.

Volo 10-27-2010 10:08 AM

:( I just noticed that either my computer's adapter or its wire is broken, so I'll be able to play for only as long as my battery lasts. I'll try getting a new adapter tomorrow. If I can't find one soon, my playtime will severly be limited to while I'm at school.

Volo 10-27-2010 11:05 AM

Update on the adapter. I ordered a new one from seemingly the only place in Finland that has the exact models. With luck I'll get it on Friday and everything will be pretty much ok. But in the unlikely case it doesn't arrive before the weekend, I might miss the majority of Day2 and 3. :/

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-27-2010 06:02 PM

Very Important Message

When you watch Glirdan's death video, there is access on that webpage to another video depicting Sally's death.

That video is completely unrelated to this game and was created as a mock up when I was getting used to the animation website settings. Since she and I were chatting while I was practicing ("I got an A on my Hamlet paper!"), the example death was done as an homage to her. I thought she would enjoy the tragic chainsaw death. :D

Glirdan 10-27-2010 08:39 PM

So I think that has got to be the most entertaining way I've died

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-28-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan (Post 641825)
So I think that has got to be the most entertaining way I've died

Win!

Volo 10-29-2010 05:38 AM

Drat. Just wrote a lengthy post in the game, but didn't notice I was online when I was posting it. I don't think I'll get another chance to write much toDay. :(

The post is on strike and I won't be getting my computer working until monday. I might be able to use some computer for a while later, but not for long.

Boromir88 10-29-2010 05:43 PM

My apologies to all for leaving you waiting too long. I've also been rubbishly ill the past few days and right after I ended the deadline had to rush away from the computer for longer than I planned. And wasn't aware that Fea was in the process of making dinner so would be delayed in doing the narration.

Next time I shall let you all know much sooner. Again, my apologies.

Aganzir 10-31-2010 11:24 AM

I don't know about America & Australia, but Europe changed from daylight saving time back to standard time last night. This probably means the deadline is an hour earlier for us from now on... right?

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-31-2010 04:47 PM

Well, just got home. Realise I missed most of the day (and another vote) but there were unforeseen circumstances I had to attend to. Sorry, but it couldn't be any other way.

I'm not certain what the rules are for missing voting but this weekend was pretty out of the ordinary, hence my lack of participation. It's hopefully out of the way now. Let me know, Boro.

Boromir88 10-31-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim (Post 642225)
Well, just got home. Realise I missed most of the day (and another vote) but there were unforeseen circumstances I had to attend to. Sorry, but it couldn't be any other way.

I'm not certain what the rules are for missing voting but this weekend was pretty out of the ordinary, hence my lack of participation. It's hopefully out of the way now. Let me know, Boro.

I said those who miss two straight votes "may" get mod-fired. 'Tis by my disgression and after further running it passed the honorary co-mod, we both still want you. So, you're still in to play as long as you feel you can do so. :)

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-31-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 642232)
I said those who miss two straight votes "may" get mod-fired. 'Tis by my disgression and after further running it passed the honorary co-mod, we both still want you. So, you're still in to play as long as you feel you can do so. :)

What he means to say is that it's by his discretion, and that he's run it past me, and that if you miss another vote, I will personally create the most anti-climactic modfire of all time, with your name on it.

:Merisu:

Boromir88 10-31-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 642234)
What he means to say is that it's by his discretion, and that he's run it past me, and that if you miss another vote, I will personally create the most anti-climactic modfire of all time, with your name on it.

:Merisu:

Isn't there a thesis you need to be finishing? :rolleyes:

satansaloser2005 10-31-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 642235)

Isn't there a post you promised you'd look at later? :smokin:

(Note: I was giving Boro crap earlier because he was busy and didn't get to click on my youtube links. That's all I'm talking about here. Just so's it's clear.)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 11-01-2010 12:42 AM

That's a relief. :)

I've never been modfired before and I wouldn't like to start now. Like I said, RL has to come first (actually typing that, I sound like a WoW player) but I hope it's back to situation normal now. Sorry to the other players for running at only 30% so far.

Feanor of the Peredhil 11-01-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 642235)

You're the one that told me I needed to get back to editing.

Boromir88 11-01-2010 02:50 PM

Running on 3 hours of sleep and just got home 15 minutes ago. I can't find any inspiration to do any writing at the present time. I'll open the day at the DL, but I can't bring myself to get the writing finished before then. Ideally since there is no wolf kill tonight, I'll fuse the night with the lynching of Elfie from the day phase. It'll get filled in later when I'm less sleeepy.

satansaloser2005 11-05-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilwa in the game thread
5 hours in, and no posts? I'm disappointed.

Bit over three and a half, Muffin, dear. DL is at five for me, and it's now almost nine. Just for clarifications and things. Stupid Daylight Savings! ;)

Also, I'd just like to say some final words....

Dear village,

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Love,
Me

P.S. Also, I can STILL kill you with my brain. :Merisu:

*floats away to terrorize another group of sillies*

Loslote 11-06-2010 12:53 AM

Yay! I'm dead! :D

Wait.

Wrong.

Oh noes! I'm dead! :eek:

Aganzir 11-06-2010 12:16 PM

Greenie is having trouble with her computer. If things go well she should be able to be here before the deadline, but if not, she asked me to post her vote if that's okay by the mods.

Boromir88 11-06-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 642678)
Greenie is having trouble with her computer. If things go well she should be able to be here before the deadline, but if not, she asked me to post her vote if that's okay by the mods.

It's ok with me. :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 11-06-2010 03:17 PM

Also okay by me. :)