The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What do you assign to Orthanc? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13766)

Rune Son of Bjarne 05-13-2014 04:19 PM

Also doing political work

Lots of really interesting projects! Making television dummy, demo, pilot or whatever it is called, and attempting to start my own little business. Unfortunately both are really time consuming and demands a lot of research and work to be done. At the same time it is not likely to make me any money worth talking about, for quite some time.

So it would be much more sensible for me, to spend some of the time hunting for a proper job.

tom the eldest 05-14-2014 08:24 AM

I kinda not understanding the rules.can anyone explain it?

Inziladun 05-14-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom the eldest (Post 691292)
I kinda not understanding the rules.can anyone explain it?

Rules for what?

tom the eldest 05-14-2014 09:15 AM

I mean,what can you assign to orthanc?anything,or are there some limitations?

Inziladun 05-14-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom the eldest (Post 691294)
I mean,what can you assign to orthanc?anything,or are there some limitations?

This thread, What Do You Assign To Mordor, and What do you "assign" to the Shire have no "rules" as such. Just conform to the thread's intent.

Aganzir 07-22-2014 08:14 AM

The tragedy of You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Galadriel55 07-22-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 693357)
The tragedy of You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

This is the saddest-funniest thing I've seen all [insert time unit]! I was about to rep this, but I encountered the tragedy of You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aganzir again. :D Your tragedy sounds much better, though. ;)

Inziladun 12-01-2014 07:09 PM

Receiving an early Christmas present from a spouse that is very much a wanted item, but expensive enough feel guilty about.

Aganzir 10-04-2016 05:20 AM

Staying up till 2:30 skyping with fellow Downers and reading old threads (if you've received a weird rep point, that's why). Going to work the next morning.

Inziladun 10-19-2016 08:10 AM

Surgery. A necessary evil for certain.

Galadriel55 10-29-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 705393)
Surgery. A necessary evil for certain.

The other night I've been procrastinating on doing my work by studying various types of bone fractures and their surgeries. Does that make me Saruman?

Also, I assign Werewolf games. So many people online - but everyone is invisible, and ignores all threads except for the game. :p

Inziladun 10-29-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 705627)
The other night I've been procrastinating on doing my work by studying various types of bone fractures and their surgeries. Does that make me Saruman?

I guess not. Elrond was 'a master of healing', but then the books don't mention Frodo's surgery aftereffects. Hopefully a good supply of 'weed' was on hand for an anesthetic. ;)

Galadriel55 10-29-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 705631)
I guess not. Elrond was 'a master of healing', but then the books don't mention Frodo's surgery aftereffects. Hopefully a good supply of 'weed' was on hand for an anesthetic. ;)

Nah, they just spat in the wound. :cool:

Galadriel55 11-14-2016 06:50 PM

Being done the midterm rush, finally having completed the last one... three weeks before the finals start. :rolleyes:

Inziladun 06-26-2017 02:12 PM

Grass-cutting with a push mower. Pros: Exercise, thinking time. Cons: Heat, bugs, tired legs.

Nerwen 08-27-2018 05:41 AM

Discovering, after driving over a mountain range in a hurry to get to the nearest dentist, that my inflamed gum was not an abscess after all but merely the result of brushing too hard.:o

Galadriel55 08-27-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 712442)
Discovering, after driving over a mountain range in a hurry to get to the nearest dentist, that my inflamed gum was not an abscess after all but merely the result of brushing too hard.:o

Can relate. I just had an incident with a bitten cheek which swelled and was shooting pain through half my jaw. "It will heal on its own". Yes, so would a broken bone. "You can close your mouth". Well, technically you can step on a broken leg too if you raise the pain threshold high enough. And I *can't* close my mouth completely and unlike you I can feel it, so let me be the judge of that. "You should go to the dentist, normally-shaped jaws don't bite cheeks". Normal legs don't break easily either, so instead of putting on a cast let's go do some tests for osteoporosis. :rolleyes: