The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Memorial of Members (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4648)

Alkanoonion 01-03-2003 04:56 PM

I am sure that most of the truant members will return shortly they are probably just taking a holiday away from their Barrow, probably Down [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] by the sea side. Sometimes it is better to have a break from the net because when you return you are full of new vigor. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So if you fav members are missing do not dispar they will probably soon return, once you have had the best the web can offer other sites seem meaningless, except my own that is. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Diamond18 01-03-2003 11:06 PM

I swear that I saw Gimli Son of Gloin today. I didn't see a post, but his name was up as being online. There have been a few "I miss Gimli" posts on this thread, so I thought I'd mention it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Eruwen 01-04-2003 11:24 AM

Ya know, Diamond, I have been noticing that too. Didn't a while back Gimli son of Gloin get kicked off the site or something and then he came back as Gimlison?

Can anyone answer this for me? Did he just get temporarily "not allowed to come back" if I can put in a better way, or was it permanent? Because I have seen him on constantly for the past few days.

Amanaduial the archer 01-04-2003 01:23 PM

Suspended. Possibly not banned.

The Barrow-Wight 01-04-2003 01:34 PM

Gimli was permanently banned.

The Gimli you see now is a different person and has a very different IP than the original. If I ever suspect it is the same person, I will ban him, too.

Marileangorifurnimaluim 01-04-2003 02:58 PM

Oi. *Maril blinks in surprise*

Gimli must have made himself more obnoxious than I realized...

-Maril

Galadrie1 01-04-2003 05:11 PM

I saw Gimli Son of Gloin on, too. I was curious, so I checked out his profile, and it was the same as the old Gimli....

Brinniel 01-05-2003 03:27 AM

Perhaps he can still log on, but just can't post.

Amanaduial the archer 01-06-2003 03:43 PM

No, hes completely banned.

*shhh Galadrie1, shhh!*

The Barrow-Wight 01-06-2003 04:27 PM

You know, we don't ban people from the Downs. We ban ridiculous behavior. Some people sneak back in, but once they revert to their inapropriate ways, their actions normally get them banned again.

Neferchoirwen 01-06-2003 11:01 PM

Quote:

We ban ridiculous behavior
...you know what, that has never been emphasized enough.

Haven't seen this alleged Gimli...hope he grows up one day...

Durazor 01-07-2003 09:18 AM

Gimli Son of Gloin Banned? I realise I havent been on for a long time, but this...

Neferchoirwen 01-07-2003 10:07 AM

Well, welcome back, Dur. Hope nothing else startled you, though.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bruce MacCulloch 01-07-2003 10:44 AM

Mat Heathertoes is back. He popped up in the Quiz Room and Quotable Quotes again this weekend with a new name: Russandol. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Beren87 01-19-2003 01:47 AM

Has Durelen been seen in a while? I havn't personally. He was the only other person from West Virginia I'd ever seen here.

amyrlis 01-20-2003 02:50 PM

Gone, but gratefully not forgotten! Thanks so much for missing me Earendil! (And anyone else who may have.) Now that my move across the country to the frozen north-lands is complete, I'm back, but probably won't be able to pop in everyday like I used to.

Since my departure I've seen the extended version of the FotR movie, the Two Towers movie (twice), and began reading the first Book of Lost Tales. So, I haven't neglected my Tolkien homework completely. Anyway, it will take me a while to get caught up on all that's going on here, but I'm glad to be back around the Downs!

GreatWarg 01-20-2003 03:24 PM

Quote:

At least a half dozen of our "missing" members have reappeared recntly. Everyone's coming out of the woodwork and returning to the Downs!
I believe Mr. Mithadan has said that so many posts ago, and I find myself irresistably drawn back to my Barrow!

I am afraid to say that I have missed many RPGs posts that are now long gone, and I am still currently catching up with many that are still on. I will say to you all ere the end: I am ashamed for not being here sooner, and for possibly ruining a good RPG.

I see many familiar faces still on, and I also see many I have never met, and I hope to meet, yet will most likely not have the chance to meet until the summer comes again. The Barrow-Downs is my choice of my Death place, and I will come again some day.

I will say to thee, fare thy well, until we meet again!

GreatWarg

Galadrie1 01-20-2003 08:28 PM

GreatWarg! You're back! Yay! I'd pelt you with fuzzies but I seem to have lost them all during your absence. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel 01-20-2003 09:03 PM

GreatWarg!!!! *HUG* It's so good to see you back! I've missed you!

Alas, there are others... I was reading the tale of Aldarion and Erendis today, and of course it can't be helped that dear Merendis was brought to my mind. She was hilarious. I hope she'll be back.

Raefindel 01-20-2003 09:15 PM

Ya know, I really miss Silver-shod Muse.

Susan Delgado 04-01-2003 01:39 PM

*sniff* I'm gone for a month and a half and no one even notices I've left... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Eruwen 04-01-2003 07:55 PM

For a moment there I thought that Frodo Baggins had returned. Frodo posted a few, but then left again. Samwise, would you possibly know anything on this matter? You two seemed to talk rather frequently. Or would anyone else?

Samwise 04-01-2003 10:50 PM

The best I can figure, she's really busy with college. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] She e-mails me now and again, but even those are quite short. I miss her, too.

Samwise 04-01-2003 10:53 PM

*WAVES*
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]HI, SUSAN!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Neferchoirwen 04-03-2003 11:08 AM

Well, nice to see Sam in here again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This post serves as a shout out to edhel_espyn, who used to hang at the chatroom.

Life won't be the same in there any more.

Samwise 04-03-2003 07:20 PM

Hullo, Nef!
Lately I've been super-duper busy, also a tad ill, but more busy. These days you can find me a lot either here,, HERE,, or on ebay adding to my LOTR stuff collection! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] *smacks hand* NO! NO MORE EBAY, DELETE THAT LINK! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Eruwen 04-08-2003 06:12 PM

NN10 was here! After his long leave, I saw him on today. Actually, he's on right now. Maybe he will stop in and say hey to everyone since he hasn't for months now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-08-2003 06:24 PM

Just wondering: how exactly do you ban people? Never seen it happen...
Edit: And who was Gimli Son of Gloin? Seems to get a lot of mention.

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]

Samwise 04-08-2003 10:07 PM

Quote:

NN10 was here!
REALLY??? *Fuzzy hobbit feet run off to look for the truant Nazgul*

Tigerlily Gamgee 04-09-2003 01:29 AM

he he... I seem to be one of those who keeps popping in and out, but everytime I return I am glad to see familiar faces...

As for people I haven't seen for a long time... TolkienGurl ( we had good discussions about sword fighting) and Starbreeze (mistress of the riddles). Alas!

Joy 04-09-2003 01:56 AM

After a long absense I have returned. I took on more than I could handle with my last job, my computer broke down and I was too busy to repair it, then I got sick with Crohn's again.

I am doing well, but have no job [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I stay busy with tutoring my cousins - which I love! Will be here more frequently now, but not as much as in the begining.

Raefindel 04-09-2003 02:52 AM

Hi Joy! I've missed you! Hopeyou and you're computer are better now.

NazgulNumberTen 04-09-2003 04:58 PM

"It's better to burn out than to fade away."
-Kurt Cobain

Ithaeliel 04-09-2003 06:57 PM

*falls over backwards* [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

NAZ??!! Wow, never thought I'd see you here again... welcome back!

I miss:

Frodo Baggins
Niere-Teleliniel
Nufaciel
and so many others...

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-10-2003 11:49 AM

Umm... could somebody please tell me who this Gimli Son of Gloin person was?

Amanaduial the archer 04-10-2003 12:00 PM

Gimli son of Gloin was a 13 year old, now 14 year old, member who was here quite a while ago, before he was banned, but for what I am not sure. Very melodramatic, and very arrogant, but overall seemed quite a nice chap.

Samwise 04-10-2003 02:04 PM

Hullo, Miss Joy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mr. #10, you're back! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Lookin' forward t' seein' your posts again!

Samwise 04-10-2003 02:11 PM

Quote:

I miss:

Frodo Baggins...
Th' last email I got from Mr.Frodo was late last month. All I can figure is that she's busy with school. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel 04-11-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Very melodramatic, and very arrogant, but overall seemed quite a nice chap
I agree completely, Aman! I never did think Gimli was too offensive. He was just... always off the topic. He sure was lively, though. And I think he's thirteen now, since last I checked he said he was twelve.

Samwise, wouldn't it be Miss Frodo? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] She was awfully friendly. Last time I saw her was when she opened a reunion RPG in the Freestyle Room... wow, that was long ago...

The Saucepan Man 04-11-2003 07:50 PM

Wonder what happened to doug*platypus. I miss his posts. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]