The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Barrow Downs Newspaper (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13002)

Lindale 08-21-2009 10:19 AM

I'd like to see Alien get more puns from literary canon. For a lit major driven mad by those stuff, it eases the mind.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 08-21-2009 10:16 PM

So, Hookbill, I was wondering how much LSD you consume on a daily basis. One must be on an acid trip in order to write so much insane, brilliant, and just plain weird things. The Downer must be a product of drugs.:p

narfforc 08-22-2009 02:53 AM

Hooky is too young to know what LSD is, it's the additives in Smarties that gets him high.

Hookbill the Goomba 08-22-2009 04:27 AM

Hey, I'm a Pink Floyd fan. Of course I know what LSD is. :p

Where do I get my ideas? I steal them from homeless orphans.

narfforc 08-22-2009 06:43 AM

So Hooky, this Floyd fellow you know, does he wear pink clothing or something, or is he another of your imaginary creations.

Pitchwife 08-22-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narfforc (Post 608655)
So Hooky, this Floyd fellow you know, does he wear pink clothing or something, or is he another of your imaginary creations.

I suppose that would be Floyd the Pink, the sixth Istar; according to a very late and almost illegible slip of paper he missed the boat to Middle-earth and thus was never mentioned in the Legendarium.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 08-22-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narfforc (Post 608645)
Hooky is too young to know what LSD is, it's the additives in Smarties that gets him high.

Does that mean that I don't know what it is either? Since I'm younger than he is. Besides, LSD is so much cooler than extra ingredients in sweets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 608647)
Where do I get my ideas? I steal them from homeless orphans.

It's a shame that that's what those poor orphans are reduced to.:p

narfforc 08-22-2009 07:49 PM

Yes, with Ironic Sarcasm.

wilwarin538 08-22-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narfforc (Post 608697)
Yes, with Ironic Sarcasm.

Which I totally understood this time!!!! I was not at all tempted to explain who Pink Floyd was, haha, yay for me! (this was not sarcastic, just to clarify)

I heart Alien with lipstick!!!!

Eönwë 08-23-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narfforc (Post 608645)

And maybe that's why he's running out of ideas, because of the new natural ingredients ones. :p (slightly more on topic)

Hookbill the Goomba 08-23-2009 05:14 PM

It's time to get some news into your day!

Extra special wondrous thanks to The Elf Warrior for writing a neat story about the threat of Evil Mayo. Much appreciated! :D

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ah/Week157.png

And now we see Peter Hampton head off towards Miss Collins' office. He meets someone on the way...

http://www.freewebs.com/joelcornah/Episode%20025.png

Woot! Was that fun? Oh? No? Well, who cares?

On Thursday we'll see the an episode that DOES NOT HAVE either the Phantom or Alien in it! Won't that be strange?

TheGreatElvenWarrior 08-23-2009 10:42 PM

I must inquire. Why is it that some of the Downers and Phantom and Aliens back on the earlier pages of this thread are not there anymore? I rather enjoy reading old newspapers, but some of them are not there. It makes me very sad.

Eönwë 08-24-2009 03:21 AM

That's not a ditch, it's a secret mithril mine! ... erm... oops :rolleyes:

Hookbill the Goomba 08-24-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 608857)
I must inquire. Why is it that some of the Downers and Phantom and Aliens back on the earlier pages of this thread are not there anymore? I rather enjoy reading old newspapers, but some of them are not there. It makes me very sad.

Urgh! Sometimes Tinypic takes them down for no reason. I'll have to go through the thread and find the ones that are down, by the looks of things. :(

Morai 08-24-2009 08:46 PM

Isn't Walmart by definition, evil? *hides*

Loved the progressive mini headlines. As for SpM, we write about him because he isn't here. ;)

Thinlómien 08-25-2009 01:35 PM

What a truly terrifying clown! :eek:

TheGreatElvenWarrior 08-25-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 608874)
Urgh! Sometimes Tinypic takes them down for no reason. I'll have to go through the thread and find the ones that are down, by the looks of things. :(

Oh, that's not a bit suckish. I could go through the thread, I do it periodically anyway, it makes me happy looking at old Downers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morai (Post 608971)
Isn't Walmart by definition, evil? *hides*

Precicely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 609038)
What a truly terrifying clown! :eek:

How surprising that you would think so!

Hookbill the Goomba 08-26-2009 05:08 PM

It's Phalian time! But with no P or A!? But... John Fillis? Is he getting his own story!? Well, we shall see about that, won't we?

http://www.freewebs.com/joelcornah/Episode%20026.png

Don't forget to check back through the...

The adventure continues on Monday with more laughs than you can shake an average sizes stick at for about an hour.

wilwarin538 08-26-2009 07:13 PM

aww, poor John Fillis, he is not looking so hot....

Laurinquë 08-26-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilwarin538 (Post 609162)
aww, poor John Fillis, he is not looking so hot....

No indeed! I noticed that he had something orange crawling up his back in episode #19 and that his hands had already started to go in #15. They sort of shrunk into his sleeves. . . :eek:

By the way, our friend (or not friend) Barry looks familiar. :D

Hookbill the Goomba 08-30-2009 03:51 PM

I'm feeling kind of ill at the moment so I'm going to head off to sleep rather than wait up to post this lot. Hope you don't mind. :)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ah/Week158.png

Back to the adventures of Peter Hampton and his amazing life. Well, he think's it's amazing, but then, what else would he think?

http://www.freewebs.com/joelcornah/Episode%20027.png

Don't forget to catch up on the latest P&A adventures! Otherwise you'll be late!

It has all the fun you need and some you don't. Side effects may include; nausea, throwing up, fits of rage, nose bleeds, screaming, despair and chronic bowl movements.

Come back on Thursday to see how Alien and Formy deal with the Soap Pope!

Laurinquë 08-31-2009 12:33 AM

Ah ha! Go crab! You really just cannot help but love a crab with a top hat, he looks to very suave. It's no wonder the BWH considers him a friend, I would too if he hadn't clawed a hole in my boat.

Lovely article.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 08-31-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurinquë (Post 609348)
Ah ha! Go crab! You really just cannot help but love a crab with a top hat, he looks to very suave. It's no wonder the BWH considers him a friend, I would too if he hadn't clawed a hole in my boat.

Lovely article.

The article was great, but the P and A this week was more amazing! It was great. I was cracking up... in the school library.:D

wilwarin538 08-31-2009 05:10 PM

It was very amazing, but would have been even more amazing if Mr. SpongeCleanerGuy had "n00b#1" written on his shirt! :p

I heart Phalien.

Hookbill the Goomba 09-03-2009 12:13 PM

It's Thursday, it's Phalien time!!

http://www.freewebs.com/joelcornah/Episode%20028.png

Don't forget to catch up on P & A at;

THE PHANTOM AND ALIEN'S
WEBSITE OF DOOOOOOM!

Alien's sick affects everything except hats and glasses apparently.

Hookbill the Goomba 09-06-2009 05:04 PM

Not double posted on this thread for a while. Must be my brithday... Wait... No it isn't. Oh well.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ah/Week159.png

Now, after weeks of waiting, we get our first proper look at the elusive Miss Collins, owner of Beef Buses. She's also Alien's mother. :eek:

http://www.freewebs.com/joelcornah/Episode%20029.png

If you're lost, you can check back on the previous episodes to make sense of all of this:

On Thursday, Formy is continuously baffled by how Alien seems to be helping him cope with the Soap Pope. Oh the humanity! Poor Cardinal Mardinal, what will he do?

Eönwë 09-06-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 610138)
Not double posted on this thread for a while. Must be my brithday... Wait... No it isn't. Oh well.

It's because people are too tired from laughing to post. Well done again, Hookbill!

narfforc 09-07-2009 12:35 AM

Good job that Baby Theoden didn't go to his ancesters, the food would be a bit mouldy.

Laurinquë 09-07-2009 01:26 AM

Great Downer this week Hookbill! It was, er, lovely. :D

I should give my praise to Volo too, your levitation skills are improving! You'll have to give me a lesson sometime; we'll get on quite well I think, both of us being anile youths and all.

And no Hookbill, there aren't any Downers you haven't yet insulted. ;)

Hookbill the Goomba 09-07-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurinquë (Post 610168)
And no Hookbill, there aren't any Downers you haven't yet insulted. ;)

Ah, good. Glad to know I'm up to date. ;)

Just so you know, we're now just over a week away from seeing Alien's father! Trust me, it'll explain EVERYTHING!... Or nothing... Not sure which...

TheGreatElvenWarrior 09-07-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 610182)
Just so you know, we're now just over a week away from seeing Alien's father! Trust me, it'll explain EVERYTHING!... Or nothing... Not sure which...

Ooooh! The moment that every Phantom and Alien fan has been waiting for! I can't wait.

Lalwendë 09-08-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Ah, good. Glad to know I'm up to date. ;)

Is this going to be his The Empire Strikes Back moment? ;)

Inziladun 09-08-2009 02:59 PM

Btw, if Volo were to meet with me privately (in a narrow alley behind the local solicitor's office) and make a small 'donation' to my favourite charity, all might be forgiven....

Legate of Amon Lanc 09-08-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Aiiiieeeeee... Alienin isä??? :eek: Scary. (Wait, there was something wrong there as well. Scary.) Anyway, I join the crowd of eagerly awaiting fans.

Eönwë 09-08-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Alien's father? "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Or alternately, "Yes!"

Looking forward to that.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 09-08-2009 09:36 PM

Maybe Alien's father is Phantom's father too! I'm guessing this because the bus company's ownership goes down from Phantom's ancestors to Alien's mother! That might explain why Alien lives with Phantom after he's dead.

Hakon 09-08-2009 10:17 PM

What if Phantom is Aliens father?

TGEW, I think you are right. That sounds better than Phantom being a father.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 09-08-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakon (Post 610354)
What if Phantom is Aliens father?

TGEW, I think you are right. That sounds better than Phantom being a father.

Phantom would be a horrible father, "Say, you want something to eat today? Sorry, I just can't be bothered. I'm too busy being cool."

Hookbill the Goomba 09-10-2009 08:58 AM

Alien's plot to trick the Soap Pope into thinking Formy hasn't blown up his church continues...

There are more episodes and drugs at the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING!

Come back on Monday for more adventures from JOHN FILLIS. Next Thursday we'll finally get a look at who Alien's father is! :eek:

TheGreatElvenWarrior 09-10-2009 06:06 PM

Doesn't Alien always make it himself?