The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who is your favorite good guy in the Lord Of The Rings (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3332)

Thomas 10-20-2002 06:36 PM

Who is your favorite good guy in the Lord Of The Rings

Mine is Aragorn for his leadership his honesty and his swordmanship [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Eglaladiel 10-20-2002 08:12 PM

I think my fav. is Legolas. he is so slick and he is great with the bow and arrow. and for a guy in tights and long blonde hair, he sounds waaay dangerous! lol!

InklingElf 10-20-2002 08:14 PM

Gandalf; Aragorn; and the elves for sure

InklingElf 10-20-2002 08:15 PM

Gandalf; Aragorn; and the elves for sure

Brilyulmaien 10-21-2002 12:27 PM

My favorite is Pippin,i dont know why..he is just so great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

TolkienGurl 10-21-2002 12:44 PM

Gandalf. No contest. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Although I do like the rest of the Fellowship!

1) Gandalf
2) Frodo
3) Aragorn
4) Sam
5) Merry
6) Pippin
6) Legolas
7) Gimli
8) Boromir

There's just something about Gandalf... I dunno what it is. I'm strange.

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: TolkienGurl ]

Arwen1858 10-21-2002 01:08 PM

oh... this is hard!! I like Frodo a lot, and Pippen is great... but so is Aragorn, and Legolas, and... I love the elves so much, but I also like the other people I mentioned. Oh, well! Maybe I'll figure out who I like the best after the next movie comes out.

gralin musicteeth 10-21-2002 03:48 PM

I love Boromir. He's really strong and caring, especially on Caradhras.

elfling 10-21-2002 05:50 PM

In FoTR it was Borimir for his strenth, bravery and humanity, also his love for his father and his people, a strong loyalty.
Since he dies Aragorn and Sam and Frodo are the ones i really admire in the rest of the books. Aragorn for everything( brave, kind ect.) Sam for his amazing loyalty and hope in incredibly dire circumstances. And Frodo for his sheer perserverence in doing his task.

Boromir's Lady 10-21-2002 08:27 PM

For the 'Fellowship of the Ring' (which I really liked all of them!) My favorite is Boromir. I love him for his loyalty to his people, his courage, strength and imperfections as well. I loved that he repented and showed great honor at his end.

I also love Eomer, Eowyn, Theoden and Faramir and can't wait to see how the actors portray them in the next movie!

Anastasia 10-22-2002 08:56 AM

Eowyn because she is so lucky!

She gets her share of adventure, becomes a heroine, AND gets the man of her dreams!

I like her because she is very controversial and not your average female.

But my favourite favourite is Treebeard. ENTS ROCK! He is soooo cool!!! *me is lost for words*
Hoom hoom to the world! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tiere/grommit.gif

Ringannunwen 10-25-2002 07:14 AM

ummm, Elladan, elrohir, legolas, aragorn, fëanor, haldir, lindir,ummm, i think nearly all of 'em are cool, as for my favourite . . . . . than might take some thought . . . alot of thought.

ok, decided. Elladan, son of elrond.

avarrogion 10-25-2002 07:22 AM

It has to be Boromir yes definately Boromir although i fancy Aragorn and Bilbo Baggins but i`ll stick to Boromir.
Come on all you boromir fans let your toughts out!!! Boromir Rocks!!!!
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

vanwalossien 10-25-2002 07:53 AM

Samwise Gamgee! Definetly! He's so adorable, with his loyalty and his bravery and his pans!

Demloth of Dol Amroth 10-25-2002 11:23 AM

Elendil! he's in the FOTR movie anyways, and is mentioned elsewhere in LOTR. narsil is sweet! besides, i'd like to command an army like he had-wasn't the last alliance army like the greatest host since the union of maehdros at the nirnaeth arnoediad?

Gayametwen 10-26-2002 02:54 AM

Well..I wouldn't put them as 'good guys' No-one is good through..even Elrond has his bad side, so did Gandalf... But my personal favourite 'good' guy would be Frodo..he's just special to me... though in terms of first imppressions it would probably be Gandalf

1. Frodo
2. Gandalf
3. Sam
4. Legolas, Galdriel and the other elves...
5. Merry & Pippin
6. Aragorn
7. Boromir

I might have missed someone else..I'm not in a 'picke-my-fav-guy-mood' today....

Saurreg 10-26-2002 08:01 AM

Mine would be Gil-galad. Very little was talked about him in LOTR and I didn't know him well at first. But after reading his correspondences with Elendil, I can say that he's my favourite.

Meela 10-26-2002 01:52 PM

boromir, faramir, aragorn, glorfindel, elrond, theodon, eomer, thranduil, legolas, gil-galad, isildur, celeborn (duh...*slaps forehead), and haldir

i think thats it...

oh, and frodo, i spose... tho hes not my fave...

Frieda 10-28-2002 06:18 PM

Frodo because he's very sweet and kind. I dunno what it is about him but I love his personality and I also think he's very attractive for a hobbit. ^_^;

nerddogs 10-28-2002 06:40 PM

Eomer, Theoden, Faramir, and let's not forget Hama.

elfling 10-28-2002 08:32 PM

Yeah Nerddog I forgot Hama also.

Groin Redbeard 12-02-2007 07:28 PM

Hmmm... Well I think my number one favorite charcter would be Gimli (he's so typical for a Dwarf):D. I pretty much like the whole Dwarven race, but I specifically like Gimli. Gandlf the Grey is also a character I like; he seems to be more at ease and carefree when he's a Grey wizard.

1. Gimli
2. Gandalf (the Grey)
3. Frodo
4. Thorin Oakenshield
5. Dain II Ironfoot
6. Aragorn
7. Elendil
8. Berin
9. Thrain II
10. Gil-Galad

Galendor 12-02-2007 08:01 PM

Aragorn when he's Strider
Boromir for his strength of convictions
Bilbo Baggins!

TheGreatElvenWarrior 12-09-2007 11:37 PM

Totally Samwise and Pippin, and of course Bilbo Baggins!

Laurinquë 12-20-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brilyulmaien (Post 60947)
My favorite is Pippin,i dont know why..he is just so great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ohh! I love Pippin! I also really like Aragorn, Frodo, Gimli, Samwise, Merry, Fairmir, ...so many...

Gimli in particular is so cool, they have all these posters, blankets, cups, and navel rings (do not ask me why) of Legolas, but NONE of Gimli! Why no Gimli stuff?? Gimli is awesome, but nobody loves him enough to have a navel ring of him, so sad.

That reminds me, what would you wights think of a thread dedicated to the praise of Gimli? I think it would rock but I am not so sure about what the others would think. I have some pretty cool pictures I could put on it....

Groin Redbeard 12-22-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurinquë (Post 540175)
That reminds me, what would you wights think of a thread dedicated to the praise of Gimli? I think it would rock but I am not so sure about what the others would think. I have some pretty cool pictures I could put on it....

Excellant idea Laurinque, I'm sure Dwarf lovers all over the downs, yes that includes me:D, would flock to it!

TheGreatElvenWarrior 12-30-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurinquë (Post 540175)

Robi, you really are crazy... maybe you could do that after your vacation and you can finally watch LotR with me!