The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I Met Him!!!!!!!!!! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9268)

Lush 03-31-2002 11:19 PM

I Met Him!!!!!!!!!!

Alright everyone, are you sitting down? Today, on a late-night run to the grocery store for some Guinness, fake I.D. in hand, who should I run into but Viggo Mortensen himself! (Did I tell you all I lived in L.A.?) Who knew, movie starts shop for their own deoderant! I complimented him on his portrayal of Aragorn, particularly the swordplay (we have discussed it extensively here at the Downs). I told him that Maril was a big fan as well. I also asked him about the next movie, but he just pressed a finger to his lips. He then agreed to sign my t-shirt in front of the gaping check-out lady!<p>[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]

Marileangorifurnimaluim 03-31-2002 11:40 PM

Way cool!!!!!! No way, that's a great moment. (I've seen your picture on your website, I don't think it took much convincing to get him to sign your T-shirt. ) You must post a photo of your Signed T on the Downs. What a treat!<P>Hey, did his accent sound much like it does in the movie?<P>-Maril<p>[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]

Thinhyandoiel 03-31-2002 11:41 PM

OMG OMG!!! You are the luckiest person ever!!! Dammit! Why can't movie stars live where I live?? And he talked to you?! You talked to him?! *falls dead* Can I touch your hand?

Mereth'iel 04-01-2002 12:32 AM

How neat!! When you float down from cloud-nine, let us know how he signed your T-shirt. Name? Message?

Araen 04-01-2002 12:36 AM

I wish I lived somewhere that I could meet somethat was in LotR.... Evil Dallas. I so envy you, I would of been to freaked out to even say hello.

Sîdhrîs 04-01-2002 02:09 AM

Aaaaarghhhh! Are you making April fools of us?!! <p>[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Sîdhrîs ]

Marileangorifurnimaluim 04-01-2002 04:23 AM

Oh, *slaps forehead* duh. I know Lush doesn't live in LA. <P>Okay, you got me, girl. I buy you a round of those green bottles.

ElanorGamgee 04-01-2002 09:24 AM

Aw, Lush, that was evil of you. You had me fooled

Polly Sandybanks 04-01-2002 10:25 AM

Good one. LOL <P>I've seen too many jokes today though to fall for that one. Btw.. doesn't Viggo live in New York?? Or maybe he doesn't.. but that's what I thought.

Lush 04-01-2002 11:33 AM

*LAUGHS HYSTERICALLY*<BR> <P>When encountering such messages it is always wise to check the date!!!<BR>I love you guys, really. I just couldn't resist!<BR>I promise that if I do ever meet Viggo, I will, of course, tell him 'hello' from all of his fans, get his autograph, and ask him to sign my chest (nicely). He makes a wonderful Aragorn, and I would take him shopping for deodorant any day.<p>[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]

Lush 04-01-2002 11:37 AM

Oh, and dear Maril, thank you for the compliment. If you are ever on the East Coast, the green bottles* will be on me.<P><BR>*-For the uninitiated, the green bottles stand for drink of the Western gods, Heiniken.

Aroaraniel 04-01-2002 11:41 AM

I wish I lived in LA then maybe I would have a CHANCE of meeting someone like that--hehehe you had me fooled!! But I would love to meet *sigh* ELIJAH...hmmmmm that would be niiiiice....<BR>But no, I live in Pennsylvania. EXCITING! grr I am gettin out of here as soon as I can!!!!

starbreeze 04-01-2002 12:04 PM

Lol Lol Lol rofl!!<P>Wow, am I gald I only read this after you revealed it as an April fool! Lol Lol Lol, you guys are so funny, the closest I get to and April fool is hiding all the toilet paper, lol lol lol *wipes tears of mirth from eyes*

Lush 04-01-2002 03:51 PM

Glad I could provide a laugh, Starbreeze. I <I>wish</I> it was true! Then again, if I really did run into "Aragorn" while buying beer, I doubt I would act that cool. I would try my best, of course. Though it would probably be something more along the lines of: "Ahhhh...." *thud*<P>Or, at my very best,: "So, want to help me finish this six-pack?"<p>[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]

Thinhyandoiel 04-01-2002 07:54 PM

*smirk* That was mean..but pretty good! Though it's only April Fools here today, and I read that message like...I dunno. A day ago or something. LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

Daegwenn 04-01-2002 08:00 PM

Oh evil! Evil! Evil! That was a good one...better than the mixing the sugar with the salt for coffee gag-actually that was the best ever.<P>

Kalimac 04-01-2002 10:25 PM

Lush, eto bilo zlaya shutka! (Not sure if "zlaya" is quite right, but it *feels* right). And you know, I might even have gone for it if I'd read it before the guy who runs my old college's message board decided to erase everyone's personal webpage as an April fool - after that, of course, no way was I forgetting. Very good, though .

Lush 04-01-2002 10:42 PM

Bravo Kalimac! Your only error is that it should be "bila" not "bilo." <BR>Once again, I am sorry...Sorry because it's not true, and I wish that it was! Hehehehe. These crushes really do die hard.

Mereth'iel 04-01-2002 10:48 PM

LUSH!!!! ROFL!!! You have given me the best laugh! My grandmother & I used to play "April Fool's" on each other every year & I've missed having someone around who *r*e*a*l*l*y knows how to pull a prank (my grandma was great at it!!). <P>You get an "A".<P>

Kalimac 04-01-2002 11:06 PM

Doh! I knew that! Seichas' chuvstvuyu kak durnitsa aprelya. (For everyone; this is my attempt to say in extremely rusty Russian that I now feel like an April fool [feminine]).

Kalla 04-01-2002 11:21 PM

*looks at the poisson d'avril swimming around the forum*

Lady Simarien 04-02-2002 08:44 AM

hey, Kilamac, what the *beep* does "eto bila zlaya shutka" mean?

Lush 04-02-2002 02:36 PM

Translated from Russian, "eto bila zlaya shutka" means-<B>this was a cruel joke</B>. I disagree, of course. <BR>Kalimac, once again, everything is right, except for the worn "durnit'sa." The word "glupit'sa" fits much better. <BR>Hmm...When did this become a Russian 101 thread?

Galadrie1 04-02-2002 07:25 PM

lol, good joke. it was kinda unconvincing that anyone could act so calm and cool in front of a major movie star. one day my friend asked me "What would you do if Elijah Wood walked across our school-ground one day while we were out for lunch" and i just thought: "faint."

Birdland 04-02-2002 07:30 PM

Good one, Lush. I fell for it because it sounded so...so...L.A.! <P>By the way: I met the first husband of Viggo's ex-wife. Let's play "Six Degrees of Separation"!

Kalimac 04-02-2002 09:49 PM

Lush - OK, I apologize for turning it into Russian 101 - just trying to think of a slightly more novel way to express "Hey, that was good April Fool!" As for "durnitsa", well, that's what you get when the only way to maintain your vocabulary is to read a lot - books don't always have the most, ahem, current terminology. "Zlaya" I just think sounds cool, no matter how appropriate .<P>Meeting a movie star - never happened to me, though I did once meet a local stage actor I had a huge crush on. The thing was, I had no idea it was him until it was over! (The wonders of stage makeup). So I actually was fairly casual with him, but if I'd known it was him I would have tried to act casual and failed miserably - probably stuttered like crazy the way I do in tense situations . Multiply that by about a hundred for meeting any of the LOTR actors (even the really minor ones - the hobbit who says "Who Goes There" etc).

Menewilwarin of Mirkwood 04-03-2002 04:32 AM

You know, you guys are lucky to even be in the same country....stupid atlantic getting in the stupid way...*continues ranting*...lousy England...(only joking - England rocks!) I have no chance in hell of meeting any of them! Unless i can wangle those premiere tickets off Matt...*crosses fingers*...

Dolenthangiel 04-03-2002 09:06 AM

twas a most excellent joke. evil, horrible england...why do no such wonderful/talented/gorgeous people ever live/work/hang about where us normal non famous type folks can see 'em...ah! alas!<BR>if only i lived in the US of A !<BR>by the way...where is Elijah Wood from...i know Orlando Bloom is english...(ha!!! we have a gorgeous talented actor woohoo!!!!! such a shame he dont ever come anywhere near where i live though...)

Mereth'iel 04-03-2002 09:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>...*continues ranting*...lousy England...I have no chance in hell of meeting any of them! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm confused. Are you in England? Doesn't at least Sean Bean (Boromir) live in England? And what about Orlando Bloom and at least one of the Ians?<P>I'm probably all wrong about these, but I thought at least some of the cast lived in England.

Maikadilwen 04-03-2002 10:16 AM

Well, Both Viggo Mortensen and Christopher Lee were in Denmark for the premiere of FOTR. I may be at the premiere of TTT with some friends, so I really hope at least one of them will be there. I promise I'll tell you guys everything. <p>[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]

elvellon 04-03-2002 10:42 AM

Are you joking????? Where do you live anyway?<BR>It's not fair at all! I have no opportunities at all to meet any of them (in Hungary) Anyway I would rather meet with Elijah...

Polly Sandybanks 04-03-2002 10:53 AM

No way.. Viggo and Cristopher Lee were in Denmark for the premiere?? <P>That must have been in Copenhagen and that's not at all far from where I live.. just a few hours on the train. I wish I knew that.<P>And as far as I know Orlando Bloom, Dominic Monaghan, Sean Bean, Ian Holmes and Billy Boyd all live in the UK. Although I think they're travelling between the UK and the US quite a lot.. because of movie offers and things. I'm not sure about Ian McKellen though. He's English.. but I think he lives in the US right now, because he's doing a play on Broadway or something!?<BR>What about Cristopher Lee?

Polly Sandybanks 04-03-2002 10:57 AM

Oh.. and Elijah Wood lives in LA. Although he's from Iowa or someplace like that.. originally. But he's lived in L.A. since he started making movies when he was about 6 or 7.<P>Hmm.. does Sean Astin also live in L.A.??<P>Who else?<P>I'm going there this summer.. I probably won't meet anyone famous anyway.. but the chances are quite a lot bigger there than they are in this little town in Sweden where I live.

Glenethor 04-03-2002 11:33 AM

I bumped into Brian Dennehy (sp?) at a checkout line of a supermarket in Montreal. Needless to say, I swooned....

dragongirlG 04-03-2002 12:48 PM

Good one Lush! It had me laughing!<P>Elijah and Sean Astin live in L.A.; Elijah's family lives in Santa Monica. I know that Viggo is American, but I don't know where he lives.<P>I <I>might</I> have emailed Elijah and he <I>might</I> have replied back. I emailed this guy who seemed like he was Elijah...he replied three times, every time I emailed him. So...it could be him, or it couldn't be. You never know with people these days.

Maikadilwen 04-03-2002 01:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> No way.. Viggo and Cristopher Lee were in Denmark for the premiere?? <BR>That must have been in Copenhagen and that's not at all far from where I live.. just a few hours on the train. I wish I knew that.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yup. It was in "Imperial". Viggo's father is/was (is he still alive?) danish and Christopher's wife is danish too, so..... Of course I would just LOVE to be in London on the opening night. Although Sean Bean most probably won't be there. After all, why should he? He's not even in this movie. Sadly enough.

Merry 04-03-2002 01:59 PM

That was a good one Lush. I was about to tell you not to tell one of my friends. I'm glad I read ahead.

Polly Sandybanks 04-04-2002 01:03 AM

Well.. they're supposed to have the TTT and ROTK premiere's someplace else though.. aren't they!? I think they talked about having one in L.A. and one in NZ!? But I'm not sure. I'd love to be in London too!!

Aralaithiel 04-05-2002 03:53 PM

Bad, naughty, Lush!!!!<P>I like you, Lush! You're ! That was a good one! But, I unfortunately noticed the date, so I didn't fall for it! <P>Just be lucky you guys don't live here in Oklahoma, home state of (ugh) "Opie" himself, director Ron Howard. ***~ 'cuse me while I go throw up!~***

Lush 04-05-2002 06:51 PM

A very small amount of decent, handsome men live in North Carolina. The rest are mostly the tipsy community college drop-outs who yell inappropriate comments at me from the windows of their pick-up trucks. And we don't have many famous people here. The Royal Shakespeare Company stopped by in February, but penniless Lush was too swamped with insurance payments to see them. <BR>I'm going out tonight, to experience more of the fabulous, non-existent night-life!<BR>As for Viggo...He could be charitable and drop by for a visit. I would promise not to make any "big sword" jokes in his presence!