The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do hobbit women also have hairy feet? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5478)

Evisse the Blue 08-04-2002 05:55 AM

Do hobbit women also have hairy feet?

I know it's a stupid question, but it's been bugging me. I suppose they do, since it's a characteristics of their race, but, urgh! it's so ungainly for a female!

Birdland 08-04-2002 07:07 AM

Yes, they do, but the North American branch took up the habit of shaving them.

(Hobbit lass coming home from a date)

Mother: "Well dear, did you have a good time?"

H.L.: I can't believe I shaved my feet for that."

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]

Estelyn Telcontar 08-04-2002 07:27 AM

But Birdie - the girls would get cold feet!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The hair was a substitute for shoes and socks. Well then, maybe they would do it for beauty after all - think of what we human females do to our feet wearing high heels!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Birdland 08-04-2002 07:49 AM

Maybe they braided it.

Niphredil Baggins 08-04-2002 09:26 AM

Of course I have hairy feet, and I'm proud of them! But my brother has more hair in his, the braggart!

Robin Headstrong 08-04-2002 10:26 AM

I have hairy feet! Well, at least the toes. I'm still wondering if female dwarves have beards. Hmm...

Evisse the Blue 08-07-2002 10:04 AM

Apparently they do have beards, since they're said to be so alike to male dwarves that one can't easily tell them apart. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Davin 08-07-2002 10:24 AM

Women with beards and hairy feet! That's funny to imagine. But considering the fact that Hobbits don't wear shoes...it is reasonable to assume that female hobbits do have hairy feet. It could be blonde or something...I don't really know. Why not watch FotR closely at the beginning?

Wandering but not lost 08-08-2002 04:50 PM

at least all the hair stylists get extra money I mean all the hobbit ladies probably have their hair feet highlighted...

Raefindel 08-08-2002 09:27 PM

Nah, they don't shave they wax.

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took 08-09-2002 03:55 AM

Ouch! *covers feet and winces*. I'll keep my hair thanks

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 08-09-2002 07:10 AM

Quote:

Nah, they don't shave they wax.
That would explain Lobelia Sackville-Baggins' sunny disposition at any rate.

Galadel Vinorel 08-14-2002 01:30 PM

No way!! I can't believe it!! So, do female dwarves really have beards?! Ah!! I do not want to be a dwarf. I remember see in FOTR that the female hobbits had hairy feet just like the male hobbits. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

--------------

"Aure entuluva! Day shall come again."
-Hurin

Child of the 7th Age 08-20-2002 07:04 AM

So....what's wrong with hairy feet? I mean you have hair on your head, don't you? Most women don't shave their heads, unless there is a serious medical reason. Most of those kind of physical preferences are culturally determined, I think. If you were in a hobbit community, maybe they would see big hairy feet as a thing of great beauty.

sharon, the 7th age hobbit (and this hobbit isn't saying whether she has hairy feet!)

Rose Cotton 08-20-2002 07:30 AM

This hobbit does have hair on her feet. And it's in beutifull gold curls too. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

Like Child said, for hobbits, having hair on your feet is like having hair on your head. It would be "unnatural" to not have hair on your feet.

I expect that the women's hair wouldn't be that thick. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rosseiliantiel 08-23-2002 06:11 PM

Hobbit lasses are probably as silly as humans are about beauty, they probably dye their foot hair or perm it or some such thing. Hey, do old hobbit's foot hair go grey/fall out? Strange thought.