The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A Mysterious Figure... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10876)

Rinfanawen 07-05-2004 08:48 AM

A Mysterious Figure...

Well, she's not really mysterious, and she's more than a figure. She's a Hobbit...and she's standing right beside Pippin at Sam and Rosie's wedding. Ever since I first saw ROTK, a thought popped in my mind...could that possibly be Diamond of Long Cleeve, Pippin's future wife? I can't find a picture of this scene anywhere online, but I figured some of you might know what I'm talking about. When Rosie throws her bouquet and Pippin catches it, he looks over and gives this head nod-type thing to the young Hobbit lass beside of him. Does anyone know who it is?

Kitanna 07-05-2004 11:09 AM

I noticed that too and I just assumed it was Pippin's future wife. I have no proof of it, but who else would it be?

Noxomanus 07-05-2004 11:47 AM

Perhaps Pippin had a crush on another Hobbit girl but was forced to marry Diamond instead,ergo...she is someone else and Diamond doesn't appear in the movie :) :smokin:

Evisse the Blue 07-05-2004 03:32 PM

Well, she might not be his romantic interest. She was the one who wanted to catch the bouquet, you can see in that scene her arm reaching out to grab it, but Pippin catches it first. So, she stands there trying to act as if nothing happened, and Pippin looks at her as if to say: 'Ha! I caught it, not you! So now I'll go marry Diamond. :p' Btw, there is no Diamond listed in the credits, which means she can't be Diamond.

Araréiel 07-05-2004 05:48 PM

If she had no lines, she might not be mentioned by name. But Pippin was young, and you know young guys sometimes tease the ones the have a crush on. So she very well probably was meant to be Diamond.

Gorwingel 07-06-2004 01:44 AM

I know which Hobbit you're talking about, and for me I guess she will always be the future wife of Pippin Took to me. She looked like a very nice hobbit, and during their last glance you could kind of tell that they had a fondness for eachother (or that's what I would like to think ;) )

dancing spawn of ungoliant 07-06-2004 06:18 AM

Aww...I'd love to think that the hobbit lass beside Pippin is Diamond. It would be so sweet!
Click!
Look at their faces! They're so cute :)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-06-2004 06:22 AM

Regarding the Gandalf pic, harsh, very harsh...

Regarding Pippin, I thought that the Hobbit lass looked a bit old for him.

Kitanna 07-06-2004 09:08 AM

I think that Gandalf picture was supposed to be Pippin and the Hobbit lass, but the site rejected the linking.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 07-06-2004 01:33 PM

ARGH, what Gandalf pic are you talking about! This is a conspiracy! Since the only pic on this thread is in my previous post, I suppose that there's some error in the pic's URL and you don't see it (or then I'm losing my mind) and I'll just link the page where I saw that image there.

Araréiel 07-06-2004 01:49 PM

Pip looks so shy it must be her! She does look a little older, but no big deal. Love knows no ages! Why else would they have made that scene if not to show Diamond?

Evisse the Blue 07-06-2004 02:36 PM

Well, seeing as those everyone rejects my opinion of Pippin being mischevious to random hobbit lass...well, okay I guess it could be Diamond. She could have been prettier though, if she is meant to be her. (now I'm being michevious :p ).

Silmiel of Imladris 07-06-2004 09:47 PM

Maybe...just maybe all these questions will be answered in the extended version...or not. :D