The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dirty mouths! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5057)

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-11-2003 12:31 PM

Dirty mouths!

Does anybody have the Special Edition? If you do have you seen that little featurette at the end of the movie? I watched the part where they're all dissing each other and it was just like BEEP that little BEEP i wanna BEEPing punch him right in the BEEP. i fell off my couch laughing! Anyways, what would the members of the Fellowship say behind each others backs? This is bound to be funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Farrehn 01-12-2003 12:54 AM

Yeah, I saw that part. It was pretty funny! But all the BEEPing was getting a little annoying towards the middle of the clip. I was sitting there saying to myself, "If they beep anymore I think I'll go insane!" But what can you expect?

Diamond18 01-12-2003 04:29 PM

The remarkable thing was that it was all Elijah. He "beeps" between every other word. Sounded like someone was breaking into all the cars in the parking lot. Really.

Eruwen 01-12-2003 04:38 PM

But it wasn't just Elijah. It was mostly him, yes, but Billy and Dom added a couple words there.

Anyway, ya know I really do wonder what Legolas and Gimli said behind their backs before they became friends. Like when Gimli joined the Fellowship, what do you think Legolas was thinking? Lol. It had to have been funny.

Diamond18 01-12-2003 04:48 PM

Oh, sorry. I just watched it once. Frankly, I find the beeps more abrasive to my nerves than whatever they were saying (I know what it was, you don't have to tell me). It reached the point that I couldn't even hear what they were saying in between beeps because my ears were ringing. I am here and now suggesting that if you are to edit out the swears you shuld use a nicer noise. A meow, perhaps.

Legolas and Gimli, eh?

Legolas: "Axes and adzes! Arrows are what's better for you. I don't take well to Dwarvish foolery, and if I was that short I'd want a weapon I could use at a distance. What does he do, notch the knees of his enemies? Bah. Give me an Elf archer for an ally any day."

Rose Cotton 01-12-2003 05:21 PM

I found it funny. Though I found it hard to follow the conversation because of the beeping.

Gorwingel 01-12-2003 05:49 PM

Yes, me and my sister have watched that part a few times. We kind of joke "Excuse me, I can't hear what you are saying under all that beeping". Those guys (even though I like them) they are all big potty mouths, Elijah swears in almost every magazine interview that I have ever seen. It sometimes gets very annoying.

Diamond18 01-12-2003 05:50 PM

Exactly, Rose. Just think how much easier it would have been if they had just left it the way it was or inserted a meow here and there. Or better yet, a meow for Elijah, a bark for Dom, and a cuckoo clock for Billy.

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]

Eglaladiel 01-12-2003 06:28 PM

i personally thought, heck, why not just leave them uncencered. i mean, its different when its on tv and all but its a home dvd...right?? well...my opinion anyway....

Raefindel 01-12-2003 07:11 PM

I must not have watched it that far in. I began to get bored with it and turned it off ...

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-12-2003 10:22 PM

for Billy i think they shouldve put a burp. Y'know becuase Pippin loves ale? hee hee, just a thought. and yes, i agree. why censor it when its on a home dvd or vhs? whats the point? they couldve just put something like 'Viewer discretion advised' or something.

Balin999 01-13-2003 10:54 AM

why do they cencor it anyway? It's only annoying, and everyone who watches it knows what is said anyway.
I'm glad that I live in Austria, there's no cencoring on Tv until now.
I wouldn't like it. But i guess that's not the subject right now.

Alaggaeriel 01-13-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Does anybody have the Special Edition? If you do have you seen that little featurette at the end of the movie?
Would that be the Extended Version? I just bought it so I haven't seen everything on there yet.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-13-2003 12:22 PM

yeah that is the extended edition, but i just call it the special edition. its shorter.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-16-2003 05:40 PM

nobodys posting.....*sniff sniff* [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] LOL just kidding! oh well its a dud. it happens.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-16-2003 05:45 PM

PLZ CLOSE THIS TOPIC!

Alaggaeriel 01-19-2003 08:16 PM

Wait! Where is it on the the dvds? I looked all over and I can't seem to find it! Thanks!

Diamond18 01-20-2003 12:19 AM

I think it came during the "Fellowship of the Cast" segment. I could be wrong, though, it's been a while.

Blue Elf 01-20-2003 12:27 AM

Rudeness!! ...I wanna see it!!

I tried to convince my siblings once that words have only the meaning we give to it, and they should use a "nice" word instead of a curse word. Of course the gullible fools agreed, and went around calling each other "trees". Treebeard would be insulted.

Gandalf calls Pippin an *** in one point...but that's not cursing really. Shame on the actors. Tshk, tshk!! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-20-2003 04:21 PM

Its only on the VHS at the VERY VERY end after all the credits....im not too sure where it is on the Extended Edition DVD....keep on postin'!

Alaggaeriel 01-21-2003 06:22 PM

Ok, I'll keep looking for it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sword Maiden Of The Shire 01-23-2003 07:15 PM

I love my Extended DVD!!

That BEEPING was hilarious!! I was laughing so hard, I fell off the couch!!

You know what else was funny too?
The bit when they are talking about what it was like filming it, while the movie is playing (the commentary).

Hirilaelin 01-23-2003 08:15 PM

Oh my gosh, that part was SO funny! I almost died! That was about my favortie part on the Appendices.

Dom: So, you know, this Elijah guy. You spoken to him?

Billy: Yea, a couple of times, lind of stuck up....

lol

Elijah: beep beep beep

Oh my gosh, they are rude. Badmouthing each other during the break. But,if you listened closely, it WAS a skit. Anyway, that was SO funny.

~ Hirilaelin

P.S. Rate me please! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-23-2003 09:07 PM

i love Billy Boyd's foot story!! thats awesome!!
theres a commentary on the DVD? ah i wanted one on the VHS but UNFORTUNATELY i got my movie before i got my DVD player....ah well ill borrow my friend's DVD...mwa ha ha ha ha

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-23-2003 09:36 PM

HELP ME! How do you pronounce Silmarillon? Ive been having so much trouble with it.

Hirilaelin 01-24-2003 06:41 PM

Sil-muh-rill-ee-on. Hope that helps! Cheers and alecake all around!!

~Hirilaelin

P.S. Rate me please! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sword Maiden Of The Shire 01-24-2003 07:19 PM

You know what else was funny?

Dom's whole splinter story!! Everyone who watched it laughted!! It was so funny!!

Blue Elf 01-24-2003 09:37 PM

Oh, my friend is sure she saw Legolas (I say Legolas because this was IN the movie itself) mouthing curse words during one of the scenes. I don't remember, but I'll ask her when I see her...

Alaggaeriel 01-25-2003 09:27 PM

Ok, I found it and watched it. It was hilarious! The splinter story was the best!

AddictedtoRumil 01-25-2003 10:56 PM

Yeah they do have dirty mouths did anyone see the part where Elijah was doing his impression of that short indian guy? that was hilarious! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Pookabunny 01-25-2003 11:22 PM

The part that had be laughing the hardest was the Sam Astin helicopter controller segment! He's so cool!

That and having an image of Sean Bean CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN for HOURS in his Boromir costume! TO COOL!

yea the beeping part WAS funny...I guess i'd appreciate it more if it didn't pale in comarison to the offensive humor that is called "the Ozbornes" (sp)!

Diamond18 01-26-2003 01:03 AM

Wow, AddictedtoRumil, that Legolas avatar is enough to make one dizzy. It's strangely mesmerizing in a way, though.

Quote:

Over the years I got to be quite a connossieur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor -- heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand... YECCHH!
[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]

Blue Elf 01-26-2003 01:09 AM

No kidding....I'm glad only I can see my avatar...it moves around quickly, and it is somewhat catchy...but it is too cute for me to stop using!! No one but me can see it anyhow...

I want to see that part in the DVD, but I don't have it myself...maybe I'll borrow it from my friend.

eleanor_niphredil 01-26-2003 11:03 AM

This is so not fair. I cant find that bit anywhere. Its not on the Fellowship of the cast bit, and its not on any other in that menu.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

dragoneyes 01-26-2003 11:13 AM

Is it on the DVDs? The extended DVD? The VHS? All three? Which one(s) is it on? Then I can see if I need to bother looking for it.

Diamond18 01-26-2003 04:53 PM

Oops. Here comes your friendly neighborhood purveyor of bad information. It's not on the Fellowship of the Cast segment, it on the Day in the Life of a Hobbit segment. I watched it again last night, so this time I'm sure I'm right.

It would have been funnier with meows, I'm telling you.

Quote:

"Tell us, Elijah, what did we dooooo? What brought you to this?"

"It was...soap...poisoning..."

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-26-2003 06:16 PM

daaaaaaamn!! i dont have the special edition DVD!! JUST THE VIDEO!! AAH! oh well my friend is going to buy it and then i will have to steal it....even though shes probably going to guard it with her life..

soap poisoning????????

Diamond18 01-26-2003 06:28 PM

Oh, come now, don't tell me you haven't seen "A Christmas Story"! That was Ralphie's punishment for having a "dirty mouth". His mom made him sit with a bar of soap in his mouth. He then imagined that in the future he'd go blind from soap poisoning. It's a classic. Note my previous post, as well. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bekah 01-26-2003 07:36 PM

Not fair!! I don't have enough money to buy the Special VHS, and there's no point in me buying the DVD because we don't have a player! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But my friend's friend has it...somehow, I'm going to have that video under my roof, if only for a night... *bursts into tears at the thought of never being able to see it*

You know, Elijah is allegedly Christian - at least he says he's Christian...his Mum's a Catholic, for crying out loud! And yet he swears every second word? He must have an extremely limited vocab... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

God bless,

~ Elentari (aka Bekah)

Mintyztwin 01-26-2003 07:59 PM

He is? *couph* Interesting.

Gimli: "Stupid elf. What does he know about hair care? He doesn't even have a beard."

Legolas: "Stupid dwarf. Can't even braid his hair properly. I mean look at it!"