The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Where in Middle-earth is your Barrow? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12489)

The Barrow-Wight 12-26-2005 09:26 AM

Where in Middle-earth is your Barrow?

I recently started a new Barrow-Downs Member Map . Please take the time to show us where your barrow is.

Thanks!

Lush 12-27-2005 10:47 PM

It's beautiful. I appear to be the only one in North Carolina though. What's up with that? In the immortal words of Timbaland & Co., "C'mon and raise up."

Eomer of the Rohirrim 12-29-2005 03:09 PM

Nice map, but I can't believe it has Forfar on it. There are only fourteen people and some sheep in Forfar. ;)

the guy who be short 12-31-2005 06:18 AM

I particularly like how, when you click on Lhuna, the screen goes grey in protest. ;)

Lhunardawen 01-01-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I particularly like how, when you click on Lhuna, the screen goes grey in protest. ;)

Thank you so much for making me feel so distant. Like, you know, an alien. :D

EDIT: I just noticed that when you zoom in on me as far as it can go, I'm actually somewhere off Manila Bay, on the Philippine part of the South China Sea. :eek:

Mithalwen 01-02-2006 02:17 PM

How bizarre - Hookbill's map put me in a random road in Barton - this makes it look as if I am about to throw myself under the intercity...... :eek:

VanimaEdhel 01-02-2006 03:21 PM

*Comes out of dormancy for a bit* Whoa...that's awesome.

I'm the only one in my area methinks. But look at all that empty space over in the Central European/Asian area... :eek:

Lalwendė 01-02-2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen
How bizarre - Hookbill's map put me in a random road in Barton - this makes it look as if I am about to throw myself under the intercity...... :eek:

Well this time I live in a pub (and an expensive one at that), while davem has taken up residence in the city's only remaining Georgian square. On Hookbill's map I lived at the University while davem lived at the municipal tip. :D

Can this software thingie only pinpoint actual addresses for people living in the US?

Amanaduial the archer 01-02-2006 05:32 PM

Actually, mine hit dangerously close to where I actually live: rather than being placed in a canal, like last time, my pinpointed 'barrow' it's probably just under half a mile down the road from my house. Accurately placed indeed...*nervous laughter* ;)

Anyway, I seem to have taken up residence in a field quite near my house, where they keep the most beautiful horses and occasionally the odd goat or two. Quite fitting for my Rohirrim Innkeeper, doncha think? ;)

The Barrow-Wight 01-02-2006 10:24 PM

Why so few west-half USAers? Are they just now getting the Internet out there??

wilwarin538 01-03-2006 10:06 AM

Oops. I think I added myself twice by accident. :D

Glirdan 01-03-2006 09:35 PM

Well, I don't think that is quite a problem. Just tell Wayne not to put his in and you're good. :D

Lindolirian 01-03-2006 10:42 PM

Lal: For us in the US the map just asks for our zip (postal) code and it puts it (I guess) in the center of that small area. But what's hilarious is that it put me right on top of one of my friend's houses, a few miles away from my own!

Maeggaladiel 01-03-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Why so few west-half USAers? Are they just now getting the Internet out there??
Naw; we just have cruddier connections out here in the Wild Wild West. :rolleyes: Actually, I have no idea. For almost every other website I frequent, I'm the only west-coaster. I feel so alone and isolated. Come on, West Coast! Get with the program!

Orominuialwen 01-08-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindolirian
Lal: For us in the US the map just asks for our zip (postal) code and it puts it (I guess) in the center of that small area. But what's hilarious is that it put me right on top of one of my friend's houses, a few miles away from my own!

If you go to the profile section of the map, it will allow you to position your marker in a more specific spot.

Hookbill the Goomba 03-19-2006 01:19 PM

Lord Wight, on my map I had a little logo to go at the top. I thought you might like to use the same one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Barrowlogo.jpg

:)

CaptainofDespair 03-19-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maeggaladiel
Naw; we just have cruddier connections out here in the Wild Wild West. :rolleyes: Actually, I have no idea. For almost every other website I frequent, I'm the only west-coaster. I feel so alone and isolated. Come on, West Coast! Get with the program!

The West Coast is obviously too uncool to join BD. ;)

For now, I shall only put in where I go to college...

Diamond18 03-19-2006 01:51 PM

My name is Jon Jonson, I come from Wisconsin , I work in the lumber- woods there

When I go down the street, the people I meet, They say... "What's your name?"

...and I say

My name is Jon Jonson, I come from Wisconsin , I work in the lumber- woods there

...and I say

...and I say

My name is Jon Jonson so there!

Okay, and I'm the only one laughing right now. :p Needless to say, I added myself to the map.

Roa_Aoife 03-24-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

If you go to the profile section of the map, it will allow you to position your marker in a more specific spot.
How?

TheGreatElvenWarrior 08-13-2007 10:22 PM

Ok this is scary it put me really close to my house... like really close.:eek: