The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=2954)

Mithadan 12-23-2002 05:07 PM

NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Unlike other message boards, the Barrow-Downs does not require new members to introduce themselves before posting. If you feel the need to announce your arrival, please do so here rather than opening a new thread for that purpose.

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs everyone!

Aelfwine 12-23-2002 07:26 PM

Hi! I'm new here. Love the site!

nuguernachil 12-23-2002 07:53 PM

heya everyone! very new - just found this site yesterday and decided to see what was up. have not read any books *feels ashamed* but am in love with the movies.

[ December 23, 2002: Message edited by: nuguernachil ]

Mithadan 12-24-2002 08:30 AM

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs!

Aerlene 12-24-2002 12:28 PM

hello, I am new as well . . .
This is an awesome site so far . . .
I believe I'll enjoy my stay here
:nods: see ya round [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Child of the 7th Age 12-24-2002 12:33 PM

Aerline,

Welcome! If you like RPGs, take a look at The Shire and its Green Dragon Inn.

Cami Goodchild, one of the Shire Innkeepers

Aerlene 12-24-2002 12:41 PM

Thank you very much!
:smiles:
and wouldn't you know, I've been in many RPGs at other Discussion Boards?
I believe I will go take a look

Arwen Imladris 12-24-2002 12:43 PM

Hi Aelfwine! Hi nuguernachil! Hi Aerlene! Welcome to the downs. Post well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Meela 12-24-2002 01:12 PM

hello all new people. i am not new [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aragorn_Protector 12-24-2002 03:32 PM

I'm new, may I be worthy of this site *walks out*

Nieninque 12-24-2002 06:55 PM

I'm not exactly new, but I'm obviously not a member who has been here for years... so hi, and welcome all new people!

Jenna 12-24-2002 09:48 PM

Hi everybody, I'm new to this sight...I never thought i'd find a sight with a whole bunchj of other LOTR obssesed people who didnt like it just becuase of Orlando bloom, lol.

Eärendil 12-25-2002 09:53 AM

A big welcome to all of you! Mae govannen. Enjoy being dead and may your stay be long and peaceful. *bows* Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo.

orlib 12-26-2002 08:44 AM

Hi all! I'm new here, and I'm not through all the books yet but as the nmae suggests I am in love with Orli! He is soooo gorgeous, don't you think? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Topaz 12-26-2002 10:35 AM

English is my native tongue. I also speak Greek, Russian, Italian, Spanish and some German. I write in full sentences. I am not a lurker. I am a writer, of sorts, and not new to the InfoPop software. I own a BB myself (The Magickal Realm) and have over 8000 posts there. My character here is a fierce Elf known and Lilebrian Longbow. I am in the Rohan RPG "Kidnapped!". I look forward to my stay here.

Arwen Imladris 12-27-2002 12:37 PM

Welcome to the downs Aragorn_Protector, Nieninque, Nilfalathiel, I Love Orli Bloom, and Lilebria. Post well.

A note of caution to I Love Orli Bloom: Though most people here (esp girls) like Orlando Bloom, He has already been discused to peces and many people enjoy talking about other things now. Some threads that have already been started about him are:here here, here, here,I suggest that you check these out before starting your own threads.

Ainathônwen 12-27-2002 01:00 PM

Hi, im new as well. I'm in the middle of "The Two Towers" and im so in love with the movies, I cant wait for the third one!!! Well, Im also in love with Legolas, I mean Orlando...I mean, both!

Marsyas 12-27-2002 01:43 PM

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to this site and just now starting to figure things out! This is really great!

*~Marsyas~*

My Cat Sasha 12-27-2002 07:05 PM

Hey! I'm new here. My favorite character is Sam.

mainstream180 12-27-2002 10:52 PM

hello all, I am one of the blue wizard's amoung men.

Aelfwine 12-28-2002 02:21 PM

Hello, everyone out there. I'm new as well. My Cat Sasha--I thought I saw you in the Green Dragon Inn as a maid of Rohan. Do you do RPGs?

Ar-Gilien 12-28-2002 02:22 PM

It said new members introduce yourselves here, so here I am. Name's Ar-Gilien, I'm new, love anything that's Tolkien, fave book is Silmarillion. *Waves hello to everyone!*

dragoneyes 12-28-2002 05:41 PM

Heloo everyone, new and not. I myself am not the newest person (as you can see) but neither am I the eldest, I seem to be having a competition with my self to see how much time I can spend on the computer, the piano just doesn't seem so interesting any more [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]. If you're bored pop into middle-earth mayhem or an RPG, or you could PM (private message) me, I always welcome those *looks round hopefully* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

Arwen Imladris 12-28-2002 07:22 PM

Hi Ainathônwen, Marsyas, My Cat Sasha, Ithryn Luin, Aelfwine and dragoneyes! Welcome to the downs, post well.

Merri 12-28-2002 08:07 PM

Hello to all new ones!!!

Orlando Bloom reminds me of a cat or some such animal . . . Elijah Wood rules [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ December 28, 2002: Message edited by: Merri ]

Pipkin Sweetgrass 12-28-2002 11:24 PM

At last, I found it! I must be exhausted from Christmas.
Okay, been a reader since age 14 back in '69. I have a thing for Boromir, though I love all of them. My test says I'm most like Sam, whom I adore, but much like Merry and Pippin, and with some of the adventures I've had, I'll not argue with that. When I read the books I get a feeling much like home-sickness. These stories have been my constant and close friends since I was just out of childhood. I think PJ's cast was perfect. When I first saw the movie trailer I knew who each of them were. I saw TTT, will see it again, and not bother buying the DVD 'til the extended version comes out. Now I have to wait almost a year to see RotK, and I'm going to explode if it doesn't hurry up.
Nice to meet you all. Cool place.

Eldarwen 12-29-2002 01:17 AM

Hi everyone. I've just seen the movie Two Towers and just loved it so I checked out some sites and this one is great.

Nate 12-29-2002 01:44 AM

Hey all. im new here, just found the site a few days ago, and its pretty darn cool. i love it, tons of info here, great place. just thought id say hi.

Iargwath 12-29-2002 03:40 AM

Hello to all new members to this forum. Welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I look forward to your future posts...And a special note to I Love Orli Bloom...i agree with you 100%

Arwen Imladris 12-29-2002 04:30 PM

Hi Pipkin Sweetgrass, glad you finally found the welcome thread! It wasn't that hard was it? Hi Eldarwen, Hideous Healer Nate Laurrodion! Welcome to the downs! Post well.

Deathwail 12-29-2002 05:52 PM

Hi to all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nate 12-29-2002 09:31 PM

Thanks for the Greeting [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

LadyElbereth 12-29-2002 09:54 PM

Hello and welcome to the Barrow Downs! I hope all of you enjoy your stay here as much as I have.
~LadyElbereth

By the way, pm me if you want! I don't bite, I promise...

Deathwail 12-30-2002 07:45 AM

Hi to all, really diggin on all the info this forum has and have enjoyed reading everyones views. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Barodir 12-30-2002 10:02 AM

Hello, my name is Barodir (a fusion of the names Boromir and Aragorn with -dir added to the end to keep it from sounding like an accented version of Boromir).
Good to be here. I'm about halfway through Return of the King and have seen the all the movies so far (even the animated "Hobbit") exept for the animated LOTR, but I probably don't wanna see that, do I? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Child of the 7th Age 12-30-2002 10:26 AM

Welcome everyone to the Downs.

If you enjoy RPGs, you may want to visit The Shire and its Green Dragon Inn. Here, you can try out a character of your own making, and practice your writing skills. We'll also let you know when new RPGs become available that are looking for good folk to join them.

Cami, Assistant Innkeeper in the Green Dragon

Malkalhugwen 12-30-2002 01:40 PM

hey this is malkalhugwen of mirkwood! ppl call me malka! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Malkalhugwen 12-30-2002 01:44 PM

oh and barodir, u dont want to see lotr the animation! it is quite stupid!
~~~~~~~~~love from mirkwood , from malkalhugwen(malka) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Malkalhugwen 12-30-2002 01:50 PM

how do i get myself a picture?pray tell
luv from malka [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Orlando Bloom is HOT 12-30-2002 02:50 PM

hi i love orli im going to marry him & ure not so there [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]