The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dueling Wizards Werewolf II discussion thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=14848)

Nogrod 05-09-2008 01:45 PM

Dueling Wizards Werewolf II discussion thread

It's coming!

The game starts at June 1st with a Night-phase!

I open this thread now for all those interested to join in the discussion of the DW II.

The game will not start before the 25th of May - and it will most likely take a few days from that to start in the end even if we have all the players we need.

(I will be away from home between May the 17th to 25th - I may have internet access but that will be random and limited in time during that period)

I'll post the preliminary rules post in a few days but all those already familiar with the game and the discussions - and all those not familiar as well - can join the discussion of the finer details as well as general principles.

The earlier game suggestion thread posted by lmp the game inventer after the first game was played is to be found from here. The current game's discussion starts on page 2 from post #79. Although I now hope all that discussion could be transferred here into the one and same place.

I'll post a preliminary player-list this far asap. Those who have not made any comments after the earlier burst of discussion on this matter please comfirm your participation and join the discussion - or in the sad case tell me if you're not able to join.

I'm taking in "applications" to take the role of a wizard via PM.

DO NOT SAY IT ALOUD HERE OR ELSEWHERE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO BE A WIZARD!!!

No application as such is needed but a declaration of your willingess. And if you have a preference over which one you would like to be it will be taken into consideration.

I might do with two sub-mods (an evil and a good one) but those roles might not be necessary - depending on when the game starts. But if someone would wish to have that kind of task please let me know as well. That you can do in this thread as well.

Gwathagor 05-09-2008 01:52 PM

Hey, I absolutely want to play.

EDIT: 700th Post

Nogrod 05-09-2008 02:09 PM

The players

The possible players so far - those who have told me they are in or shown an interest lately or in the earlier discussion (sorry if I missed someone - just let me know you're in!).

Please let me know your current situation if the game starts in the end of May / early June - and invite your friends as well. A good game of Dueling Wizards would take something like a village of twenty something.

I'll be putting a + before every player who has comfirmed her/his participation and I will start adding questionmarks if needs be - and will gladly add names to the list. :)

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy)
+ Kath, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)
+ Eönwë (their son)

+ Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother)
+ Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister)
+ the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother)
+ Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister)

+ Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister)
(Eomer of the Rohirrim, Cailín's husband, Lhuna's father)
+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith)

(Nogrod, the judge, Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit)
+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)
+ Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber)
+ The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Celuien, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

Azaelia of Willowbottom?

Everyone is welcome! The more the better as one of the points of this game is to crerate a village-like feeling where not everyone knows what is going on... :D

EDIT: The divisions do not represent any caste-system but merely the ones with + are those confirmed, the others are those who have shown their interest just in a short while.

Thinlómien 05-09-2008 02:27 PM

What an impressive list. :D I'm so excited. :D

Gwathagor 05-09-2008 02:48 PM

It has the makings of a truly epic game.

Nogrod 05-09-2008 06:24 PM

Like in Dueling Wizards I you all are encouraged to make families yourselves!

Last time that thing worked just fantastically as it eased Day1 and in a way Day2 but still was left to its own in the end. And how much fun it offered to the players...

So just propose marriages or negotiate for sister-/brotherhood or deal / suggest to be a father / mother, a children or an aunt or an uncle of someone... or whatever you come by!

The less we have "unconnected" persons the better. Just brave yourselves to it! :)

Nilpaurion Felagund 05-09-2008 09:26 PM

++Nilpaurion Felagund

You have my suicidal tendencies.

Thinlómien, will you marry me? :p

Nerwen 05-09-2008 11:36 PM

++Nerwen

...Er, meaning I'm in, not out.

satansaloser2005 05-09-2008 11:54 PM

Sorry, felt the need to post. Noggie, stop making the game sound so good! I mean, the description, the PM you sent me earlier, and now the player list? I'm bloody salivating to play! I swear to you, if there's any way I can get some internet over the summer I'm playing. And if that happens, you all will be the first to know. *hangs head in internet-less shame*

Brinniel 05-10-2008 12:09 AM

++Brinniel

Hurray! Now that I'm home and with nothing interesting going on in my life, I'm ready for another WW game to entertain me. :)

Lhunardawen 05-10-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund (Post 555177)
++Nilpaurion Felagund

You have my suicidal tendencies.

Thinlómien, will you marry me? :p

The guy's suicidal indeed. Nogrod, I swear I will not stop you if you want to chase him with a rifle or whatever it is dads do in situations like this.

A Little Green 05-10-2008 04:48 AM

Count me in. I can't miss this one. :p

Thinlómien 05-10-2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen (Post 555188)
Nogrod, I swear I will not stop you if you want to chase him with a rifle or whatever it is dads do in situations like this.

But I will. :p Yes, I'll marry you Nilp. Now we just need a kid or two. (And no, you're not asked anything. ;)) So anyone planning to play a child in this game, we'll be happy to adopt you. And also, if there's someone who is planning to play a gammer or a gaffer, feel free to adopt me (and in that case, take the rifle-chasing responsibility from Nogrod...). Also, I don't mind having siblings, or cousins, or any other kind of relatives.

sally - I hope you'll find a way to participate in this game, even if it requires some dramatic means like robbing a bank or something... ;)

Azaelia of Willowbottom 05-10-2008 07:25 AM

I'd love to play! I have a prior commitment on the 27th, and I'll have to see how things work out with my summer job, so keep me on the list, with a question mark. I need to see how things turn out once I get home from school.

This game is going to be SO much fun, and I'm really looking forward to it!

satansaloser2005 05-10-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 555197)
But I will. :p Yes, I'll marry you Nilp. Now we just need a kid or two. (And no, you're not asked anything. ;)) So anyone planning to play a child in this game, we'll be happy to adopt you. And also, if there's someone who is planning to play a gammer or a gaffer, feel free to adopt me (and in that case, take the rifle-chasing responsibility from Nogrod...). Also, I don't mind having siblings, or cousins, or any other kind of relatives.

sally - I hope you'll find a way to participate in this game, even if it requires some dramatic means like robbing a bank or something... ;)

Don't give me any ideas love....

Actually....Noggie, even the slightest idea when the DL would be for this?

Kitanna 05-10-2008 11:19 AM

I am in or at least that is my hope. School is over and though I am starting a new job I can dedicate a decent amount of time to a WW game. However depending on when days begin and end I may be absent at deadlines.

McCaber 05-10-2008 12:50 PM

++McCaber

I've heard the stories about the last one, and I'm excited about the sequel. Not least because of the star-studded cast.

Cailín 05-10-2008 12:53 PM

*dramatically emerges from the shadows*

... I so want in. Oh, can I? Please? Please?

Lalaith 05-10-2008 02:28 PM

Goodness, this is a good guest-list. All we need is Ang and spawn to emerge from the shadows, and I'd be happy. Unfortunately, there's no way I can be near the internet from May 24 until June 1st. So if the game starts before then, you'll have to count me out.

Volo 05-10-2008 02:44 PM

You have my suicidal tendencies:

I'm going to be Aganzir's pet as I guess it's ok with her. What exactly being her pet is still debatable.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 05-10-2008 02:51 PM

Remember Loki? :D

Aganzir 05-10-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo (Post 555224)
I'm going to be Aganzir's pet as I guess it's ok with her. What exactly being her pet is still debatable.

You can be a dog or a cat if you wish - I'll decide which one I want after deciding what kind of a character I will have.

Volo 05-10-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 555226)
You can be a dog or a cat if you wish - I'll decide which one I want after deciding what kind of a character I will have.

I decided that she won't decide. I'll be a dog that thinks he's a cat, that fears he's a mouse, and wishes he was a bat. If that doesn't suit Aganzir's role I'm sure there's someone else who wants me as his/her pet. :p If not, I'm a stray dog with several deceases, including a plague, or two.

Macalaure 05-10-2008 04:20 PM

Rikae and I confirm our participation. We can join in any case, but it would be more comfortable if it started after June 2nd.

Of course we're going to be a couple in this game. Does anybody desire to be adopted? :D

Kath 05-10-2008 04:55 PM

++KATH

I'm aware I'm still in the other game at the moment, but I'm in for this! Did disastrously last time so I'd like another go at it!

If anyone would like to be in a family with me just give me a yell. I'm open to offers. :p

Nogrod 05-10-2008 05:34 PM

This is looking good indeed!

I'm trying to draft the first version of the rules tomorrow. They will be subject to change as the discussion about them will then show which things are to be changed in the end.

Also it seems that a couple of players would be more readily able to play after June takes over. To me it would be convenient as I come back home on May 25th and I will have a really busy week after that so starting the game with a Night-phase on May 30th or 31st would be very good for me.

If there are more people who'd need to start the game earlier than that we can do it as well. So waiting for your comments...

The deadline could be anything if the game starts on the May 30th or 31st. I'm starting my summer vacation then and all the times are just fine.

A kind of natural deadline to me - and to the European players would be something like 7-11PM GMT. How about you Americans? Any suggestions? The times I would like to take off from the list of possible deadlines would be 11PM GMT to 8AM GMT. I'd like to sleep some of that period...

So anything between 8AM GMT - 11 PM GMT will work.

I'll be structuring the participators-list according to their relations little by little. Please keep on coming forwads with the suggestions of any affairs or relations with each other. The more entangled into the families we get this thing to be the better.

PS. If you wish to give a description of your character or her/his trade please let me know so that I can add it to the list & take it into consideration when writing narratives...

the phantom 05-10-2008 08:19 PM

Well, of course I'd like the cutoff to be around 5 or 6 AM GMT (12 or 1 AM my time), but seeing as that probably won't work for many (including Sir Nog) I will cast a vote for the latest time offered up- 11 PM GMT.

1) Mac and Rikae, may I be your son?

2) Anyone want to be my brother or sister?

3) Hmmm... marriage is a big step. I think I'd prefer to be engaged first, and see how that goes. Would anyone like to be a fiance rather than a wife?

Lhunardawen 05-10-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailín (Post 555218)
*dramatically emerges from the shadows*

... I so want in. Oh, can I? Please? Please?

Argh. Okay, that does it. Screw academics.

++LHUNARDAWEN

Nilpaurion Felagund 05-10-2008 09:17 PM

Okay, Lommy dear, so we be the Wolfingtons. The only thing we need now is a rival family . . . And children, of course. Kath W., will you be my child again (albeit with a different Finn for a mother. :D )

Oh, and Ms. Cailěn, will you be my sister? :)

satansaloser2005 05-11-2008 01:13 AM

Tentatively depending on the DL (as I am a pesky American and I work most days) and other factors, I'm in, so please put me down with an outrageously large question mark. I just can't STAND the thought of not being in on this. So, if I do join the game....

Lommie, are you my mummy? And if not, will you be?

Cailín 05-11-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund (Post 555246)
Oh, and Ms. Cailěn, will you be my sister? :)

Gladly.

Does anyone else want to be related to me? Cleverly marry into Nilp's already extended family, for example? Some illegimate child?

---

Before I forget... My participation will unfortunately lead to the fact that my dearest love, that champion of wolvish charm, Eomer of the Rohirrim will be unable to join this game (and all innocent little children will say Thanks and sleep peacefully). Do not doubt, however, that he will be watching out for you all.

Lalaith 05-11-2008 03:56 AM

If I play, can I be the family black sheep? Baaa.

Thinlómien 05-11-2008 04:31 AM

I had forgotten this family-forming was such fun...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally
Lommie, are you my mummy? And if not, will you be?

Of course, dear - unless you're fiercely against having Kath as you sister (in case she agrees to Nilp's suggestion).

Mac and Rikae, would one of you like you be my sibling? (That would make tp my nephew, though... :eek: )

Nilp - okay, we're the Wolfingtons. Do we have a special family profession? Or do we both just have our own occupations? Or am I just a housewife? Or are you just a house-husband? :p

Quote:

If I play, can I be the family black sheep? Baaa.
Which family? :Merisu:

PS. I'll be looking forward to the actual rule discussion... I'm sure I'll have some complaints... *innocent smiley*

Nilpaurion Felagund 05-11-2008 04:41 AM

House-band says:

The matriarch knows best. :p

We do have pet wolves at home, but that's the extent of our eccentricities.

Kath 05-11-2008 04:44 AM

Haha Lommy I can't believe I'll be your daughter! But go on then. :D Good to have me ol' dad back and having sally for a sister ought to be fun!

Nogrod 05-11-2008 06:56 AM

I've updated the families so far. Please check that I have made no mistakes.

All the others feel free to join the families or, what would be even better, to create your own. Now it seems we have two families. Third and fourth would be nice.

As someone said. This family-forming period is just soo much fun! :D

I'm trying to make a post later today on the subject of basic rules...

Aganzir 05-11-2008 08:20 AM

Lalaith, if you play, could you please be my mummy? I would love to be the daughter of the family black sheep. :Merisu:

Volo, a crazy pet doesn't suit my role, what ever it will be.

I haven't quite decided what I'd like to play yet, but I could help to form the third family, if someone wants to be my spouse. Children possible but not necessary.

Lalaith 05-11-2008 08:28 AM

Aganzir, of course I will parent you. Poor little lamb, born under a cloud. I was wild as a girl, I ran away, possibly with some travelling players, possibly under my own steam...but returned one day with a child in tow, and no explanations or ancedents are forthcoming.

As for which family...who is prepared to accept this blot on their escutcheon?

Nerwen 05-11-2008 08:47 AM

How would you like me to be your sister, then?

Lalaith 05-11-2008 09:03 AM

That's mighty broad-minded of you, Nerwen.