The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who do you want to be? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=2571)

martijn 03-12-2002 02:14 PM

Who do you want to be?

I'm a guy from the Netherlands, with a very large fantasy and I would like to know wich character of middle-earth you want to be. By the way, i would like to be Legolas (cause I like elves) and i think Aragorn is also very cool.

greetz Martijn (Celebdalion in Elvish)

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 03-12-2002 03:12 PM

An unimportant drunken Breelander in the Prancing Pony. Combining the twin elements of beer and relative safety that I value so highly. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Starbreeze 03-12-2002 03:26 PM

Aragorn - or a female version of him who is still as cool!

Raefindel 03-12-2002 03:40 PM

I don't know of a character I would want to be. There are characters I would want to be with, but I would just like to be myself, well, my imaginary self, the Red-headed elf I imagine myself to be.

Luineglin 03-12-2002 04:26 PM

well i would like to be a Ranger unrecongized yet still making a difference and having a legacy greater than most yet not the greatest

firncristwen 03-12-2002 04:30 PM

I would like to be a mere and beautiful (which I already am) elven-maiden perhaps staying at the House of Elrond in Rivendell, one of those lovely dark-haired daydreamers, perhaps a friend of Arwen's. Not a thought-provoking character, but one that might catch the fancy of a lord as worthy as Aragorn... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ElanorGamgee 03-12-2002 04:47 PM

Hmmm...too bad Frodo never married. I'd want to be his wife [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rosa Underhill 03-12-2002 05:00 PM

Rose Cotton. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But if I couldn't be her, I'd settle for being Ruby Gamgee/Gardener, Sam's youngest daughter. There's no information on her so maybe she was a bit like me anyways.

Lyliac 03-12-2002 05:26 PM

i would want to be a female dwarf. don't hear much of those kinds of people.

Gorin Icearms 03-12-2002 05:39 PM

Most likely I would be Glorfindel or Faramir. I always thought they needed to be more important than Tolkien wrote them. Well Faramir anyway. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel 03-12-2002 06:04 PM

Most likely: I would be an elf-maiden. I would be part of the crew that helped to man the ship with Legolas and Gimli when they crossed over the sea (they obviously did not know how to work a boat)...I would look like this because this image really does resemble me a lot: My Icon .
If you mean from the BOOKS, then probably Eowyn! Well, that's my opinion anyway!

Glim Iceholder 03-12-2002 06:23 PM

Probably Gimli, or some other Dwarf. I wouldn't to be an Elf, living forever would annoy me. Hobbits bore me, and men, well I'm already one of those so whats the fun in that. So yep, definetly a dwarf.

Kalimac 03-13-2002 12:57 AM

Mmm...who I probably *would* be is Ioreth's Kinswoman [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . Though it would be pretty cool to be a face in the crowd for something like that.

Who I'd *like* to be - my first thought was actually Rose Cotton as well (you get to marry Sam, the best hobbit breathing, and hang out with Frodo et al without actually having to go through Moria or Mordor [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] - and you get to live in the Shire!) For a second choice I'd be Eowyn, because does she ever know how to swordfight (I've always wanted to learn how but never have) and also - if I can get slightly novelish here - I do like how she manages to get over her hopeless love Aragorn and realize that Faramir is the right one for her.

Being an Elf - no, immortality is a little too frightening. It would be great to have eternity to work on my writing, but on the other hand I would probably want to be friends with humans, hobbits and others, and it would be dreadful to see them grow old and die time and after time and keep living myself, not changing.

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: Kalimac ]

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took 03-13-2002 03:24 AM

I would wanna be Pippen. He seems so care-free and funny. I would just like to be a hobbit full stop [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Neferchoirwen 03-13-2002 04:33 AM

I'd like to be Galadriel.

Or maybe Elrond's wife.

Gayalondiel 03-13-2002 05:44 AM

I'd quite like to be Diamond of Long Cleeve. Pippin's pretty sweet and good company and she only had one child, thus preserving her figure! Cool name too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ahanarion 03-13-2002 08:16 AM

I would be Huan hound of Valinor.
A.I would woop Sauron.
B.I would woop Carcaroth.
How does it get better than that.

Maikadilwen 03-13-2002 08:21 AM

Hmmm, good question. Well, what about Mrs. Sauron? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You know behind any cruel man, there stands an evil woman! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Lady of Mordor....That doesn't sound so bad, or what? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Or maybe "just" a cute elf in Rivendell, with a tendency to daydream a little too much. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Nilwen 08-20-2002 06:11 PM

Perhaps a rider of Rohan.I think that would be cool.Or maybe a Ranger.Liveing on my own with no need for other people.That would also be cool.

Eruwen 08-20-2002 08:28 PM

I wouldn't really want to be one of the characters, just a someone in the time of them. Probably a Hobbit from Hobbiton. Either that or an Elf from Mirkwood. I've actually thought about living as an elf. I think it would be pretty cool.

Lhunbelethiel 08-20-2002 09:04 PM

I like this question. My first reaction was to pick someone or something that never was in too much danger, since I am a weenie. (I can't watch Pippin knock the skeleton into the well and hear the "drums, drums in the deep" without shivering) Then I thought well, I like the ocean, maybe I would live in the Grey Havens or Bay of Belfalas. But what kind of creature would I be? Perhaps an Ent or Elf, but immortality is a burden when you live in troubled times, really. So, as I like the pipe weed [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and sleeping and eating, I will go with being a Hobbit near the ocean. And I wouldn't mind having a friendly wizard as a companion. As long as I didn't have to save the world in any way. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aranel 08-20-2002 09:14 PM

I have thought about this before...if I had to choose from among the Books,I think I would like to be Frodo.I identify with him,only I'm less important! (lol)
If I could just choose a person,I would be an elf maiden of Imladris,I think,and be around Elrond as much as possible.He is an awesome character,with alot of history.Oh heck...I'll just be Arwen! ;þ

Celadrian 08-20-2002 10:33 PM

I would like to be an Elven Maiden who turns a tomboy. I would run around the forests all day and practicing with my bow. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Davin 08-20-2002 10:56 PM

I think it would be fun to be an Elf, immortal and all.
Being Gandalf would be cool I think, I just think it's a great character.
BUT I would most want to be a Hobbit. I always talk about em, and I tell people I have Hobbit feet.....but I don't...but I can dream!!!!

Aramacil 08-21-2002 01:01 PM

I would like to be Gandalf, because he is one of the strongest character of the stoty, and don't we all want to do magic?

Aylwen Dreamsong 08-21-2002 01:12 PM

Being an elf would be awesome. I'm not sure I would want to be Gandalf, because I'm not sure I would be able to handle all the things he has to know and do. Were I a guy, maybe Faramir, because he is a good fighter, but he only like that which fighting protects. He is very cool. I would probably want to be an elf though, until I got sick of Middle earth, which i am not sure ever happens, but anyway, thats what I would want to be [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aylwen Aka Mallory

Rose Cotton 08-21-2002 01:13 PM

ROSIE COTTON!!!!!!!
I love Sam. Either her or Eoywn, cause she get's to wip Nazgul butt.

Arwen Imladris 08-21-2002 02:31 PM

I would want to be Frodo, well maybe a girl version of him. I would have chosen some Frodo name but I figured it would confuse people because I am a girl.

Davin 08-21-2002 03:00 PM

If everyone in the world was thinking clearly, they would want to be a hobbit. Just because hobbits are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

The Green Ringwraith 08-21-2002 06:06 PM

All my friends say Tolkien must have looked t me when putting in Pippin's stupidity and comedic sides, so I resemble him. But, I really wanna be...

A NAZGUL!!!

They rock! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The-Elf-Herself 08-22-2002 10:44 AM

Definitely a solitary elven scout. Traveling to other lands, being able to communicate with birds and beasts, and completely out of the way of all that Ring business.

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: The-Elf-Herself ]

LadyElbereth 08-22-2002 01:25 PM

hmm, i don't think i'd really like to be any of the "characters", i would just like to be someone from that time, maybe like an elf warrior or maybe someone eViL! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] but i'd have to be one of those cOoL [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] evil someones [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

gollum*elf*pup 08-22-2002 01:56 PM

I'd wanna be Fatty Lumpkin. What a life!

Anardil 08-22-2002 02:25 PM

I would like to be Alatar or Pallando, so that I would get to travel to faraway places that no one else gets to see.

Rose Cotton 08-22-2002 03:50 PM

Fatty Lumpkin get's locked up! He didn't have much fun durring LotR.

Losthuniel 08-22-2002 04:58 PM

Galadriel. She is my favourite character. Theres such a history and emotional conflict there.definitly my fave chara

Jeli Baggins 08-25-2002 06:03 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! A nice hobbit named Anjelica Baggins. That's who i always say i am! (meaning my name is Anjelica, spelled w/ a J, and the Angelica Baggins in the book is spelled w/ a G) I say it's all the same, and that 1 letter doesn't matter, and i switched it a few yrs ago from a G to a J. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Well, that's who i am.

NyteSky 08-25-2002 11:14 PM

Just your average Elf Lord, fully loaded with mithril armor and a Glamdring style sword! Orcs would flee at the very sight of me!!!!! Hahahahaha! Whoa, what a rush. Um, I'm fine now. Really.

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood 08-26-2002 12:01 AM

Legolas's daughter, Thengise!!!! That's who I truly am!

Calathanien 08-26-2002 07:58 AM

I would love to be an Elf-Maiden. Maybe one who lived in Doriath or Gondolin. My next choice would have to be to live on Numenor when it was good. That way I would have a pretty long life and I would get to meet lots of Elves. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]