The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hard Winters Planning/Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18888)

Folwren 03-07-2016 08:22 PM

So are they successful in getting the wagons out or not? If not, what's plan B?

Firefoot 03-07-2016 09:04 PM

Sorry if that wasn't clear... the men couldn't push them free but maybe the horses can pull them out.

Galadriel55 03-07-2016 10:44 PM

Ok, so you know what I said about not being able to write? I still can't, but it's just too tempting sometimes. :D

No clue who the other man is. Maybe it's not a man at all. :D

Also, not sure if I misinterpreted something... but I imagine that lighting and sound aren't the best in this setting. Is there anything specific that was done to light the way outdoors? Or is everyone stumbling about, hoping to find their way by touch and memory?

Folwren 03-08-2016 11:26 AM

Sorry, Firefoot - your post was clear. I am just not sure yet if even horses can pull it out, and I figured instead of assuming and doing something someone else didn't think was right, we could figure that out here. It would be better for everyone involved if they could pull the wagons out. It will make a lot of difficulties if they can't.

Glad to see you active, Gal55!

Firefoot 03-08-2016 10:42 PM

I think Gal's idea with the board of wood is a good one, though given the shortage of wood after the winter they may need to salvage another of the carts for the right sort of plank.

Maybe a short way up the road it's a high enough elevation to not be wholly flooded? Anyone have more experience than me with dirt roads - how much of a quag would it be? Will the horses have any luck once the wagons (loaded down) get as far as the road?

Folwren 03-09-2016 08:39 AM

Our roads all have gravel on them, and one can usually drive on them, so long as they're not underwater. Put boards down is a good idea. I haven't read her post yet.

littlemanpoet 03-09-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 704053)
Ok, so you know what I said about not being able to write? I still can't, but it's just too tempting sometimes. :D

No clue who the other man is. Maybe it's not a man at all. :D

Also, not sure if I misinterpreted something... but I imagine that lighting and sound aren't the best in this setting. Is there anything specific that was done to light the way outdoors? Or is everyone stumbling about, hoping to find their way by touch and memory?

It's pretty much dark. Maybe people have lanterns (they existed at the Long expected party), but that would be about it.

Folwren 03-12-2016 03:14 PM

I don't have time to write more. I want to write some about the organization of the people inside the hall, but may not get around to it until ... honestly, I don't know. I got one wagon out. I presume the other will be gotten out the same way. We have 2 right?

littlemanpoet 03-25-2016 08:43 PM

Have we killed our interest with too much hardship?

Folwren 03-30-2016 10:03 AM

For my part, that is not the issue. I have just been swamped with school and extracurricular activities (both in school and out of it, but mostly in school). I hope that it will slow down again sufficiently for me to write on here again, soon.

piosenniel 05-11-2020 01:14 PM

This Planning/Discussion Thread has now been closed.

It will be moved to Elvenhome & can be revived upon request of the players

~*~ Pio