The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who’s got the best Title? (Do I hear some Nominees?) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4682)

The Saucepan Man 09-21-2004 03:47 PM

Here's one which has, I think, largely gone unnoticed, but which I think is rather good: lathspell's Regenerating Ringkeeper.

The Perky Ent 09-21-2004 05:01 PM

....registered user......when did this happen? I wasn't aware that I changed from a ghost prince to a registered user...not that there's nothing wrong with that. Oh well. Maybe, it was my title. REGISTERED USER! That's a good one ;)

Gil-Galad 09-21-2004 05:06 PM

What about my Dragon-Man title?

The Saucepan Man 01-02-2005 11:55 AM

Titles for the New Year

Congratulations to all who have received Personal Titles in the New Years Honours list. :cool:

Some nice choices that I have noticed:

Boromir88: Laconic Loreman
Mithalwen: Pilgrim Soul
Encaitare: Bittersweet Symphony

I particularly like Encaitare's choice since, as well as reflecting her interest in music, it is also one of my all-time favourite songs. :smokin:

And a Happy New Year to all on the Downs! :)

Aylwen Dreamsong 01-02-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Encaitare: Bittersweet Symphony
Ooh Encaitare! Wonderful choice of a PT, I must say! Very clever.

And, yes, congratulations to all the New Year's Title Receivers. ;)

-Aylwen

Encaitare 01-02-2005 06:07 PM

Thanks, Sauce and Aylwen, and also thanks to Boromir88 and Lhunardawen, for a compliment in another thread. That song is so awesome.

Gil-Galad 01-02-2005 07:14 PM

Congrats to you all...hopefully i don't have to wait for next new years for mine... :confused:

Elennar Starfire 01-02-2005 07:48 PM

Nice, nice, nice! And congrats!

Imladris 01-02-2005 08:45 PM

Lovely Enca.

Mithalwen 01-03-2005 07:47 AM

I too think that Enca and Boromir have chosen well ... I am surpirised our Literary Leviathan haven't picked up the ref in mine ... or maybe they just don't think it very apt..lol and my second choice (Bewildering Ghost) is getting an outing in extended form in my sig ........ Poor darling Rupert just missed out ....

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-03-2005 02:38 PM

How about Oligarchic Oliphaunt? That would be a good title.

Illogical Istar? Effeminate Ent?

Sauron's True Love?

Feel free to choose any of these if you are offered a personal title. It will only cost a small portion of your individuality. Plus Ł800.

Congratulations to those rewarded. :)

Bęthberry 01-03-2005 10:29 PM

Now they are entitled to call themselves dead.

Congratulations to the newly entitled! I love seeing how Downers scurry about in the barrows of imagination and creativity to find unique titles. It is a real treat to watch the nick characters match up with PTs, too. :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-04-2005 07:52 AM

The only problem with the Personal Title I've been offered is that I've come up with some incredibly cool ones and I can't decide what I want. I'm wavering... But very nice choices to everyone else.

Fea

Lindolirian 01-04-2005 08:59 PM

Anyone see Lalwendë's new title? A Mere Boggart...

Gil-Galad 01-04-2005 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Eomer of the Rohirrim]

Sauron's True Love?

QUOTE]

and i die a little inside...

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-05-2005 08:20 PM

A great title.

Right now, I really like Orofan's Mighty Mouse of Mordor. Teehee! So incongruous! :D

Encaitare 01-05-2005 09:41 PM

Thanks for the compliments and congrats, guys.

I like yours, Fea. Very cool. Is this the same red dawn that is accompanied by wrath and ruin? ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-06-2005 01:13 PM

It is indeed, Encai. As well as that darned red dawn that accompanies blood being spilt at night. My other choices were Angel of Music (in loving honour of The Phantom of the Opera) and Untitled (because what's more ironic?). Cool, yes? I was worried it might be too long.... but I guess not. Yay.

AbercrombieOfRohan 01-06-2005 03:04 PM

Just how long can they be?

Evisse the Blue 01-06-2005 04:44 PM

"Untitled" = lol. That would have been so cool.

Great personal titles, everyone! I really like discovering each and every one of them. ;)

Abercrombie - I think they can't be more than 15 or 20 characters long.

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-07-2005 07:38 AM

The preferred length is under 20 characters, but they make exceptions if the name is really cool. And they rather frown upon names like "Butterfly of the Happy Cloud Land" because not only is that reeeeally long, but it's also dreadfully undead.

Encaitare 01-07-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

My other choices were Angel of Music (in loving honour of The Phantom of the Opera)
Heh... I swear, we were separated at birth and whisked off to different regions of NY. That was one of my choices as well.

the phantom 01-07-2005 06:46 PM

Guess who else considered "Angel of Music". ;)

Encaitare 01-07-2005 07:28 PM

Nice, phantom. I enjoy your location, by the way. Most delightful.

the phantom 01-07-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

delightful
Rats. I was gunning for dark, cold, and sinister.

I'm too nice to pull it off, aren't I? :p

Bittersweet Symphony- love that song, Caity

Lhunardawen 01-07-2005 11:40 PM

Congratulations to Mithalwen, Lalwendë, Fea, Orofaniel, and of course my brother Nilp. Scion of The Faithful is a very appropriate choice...but not to be confused with the Numenoreans. I've been hearing that idea for quite a while, let me tell you. Oops. :p

Encaitare 01-08-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Rats. I was gunning for dark, cold, and sinister.
Isn't that what delightful means? :p

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-11-2005 07:45 AM

Quote:

Heh... I swear, we were separated at birth and whisked off to different regions of NY. That was one of my choices as well
You know... I think you might be right. :p

Fea

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 01-14-2005 04:08 PM

Wonderful New Choices!

I always like the melancholy and/or alliterative ones best *points at own alliterative and melancholy title*, and there are some lovely ones I only just saw:

Nilpaurion Felagund 's Scion of the Faithful
Boromir88 's Laconic Loreman
Encaitare 's Bittersweet Symphony (and lovely song, as well as title!)
Firefoot 's Illusionary Holbytla
and
Feanor of the Peredhil 's Bringer of the Red Dawn

are some of my newest favorites.

Sophia

[Edit] And Phantom's... geez I knew I forgot someone!

Gil-Galad 01-14-2005 10:39 PM

Bringer of the Red Dawn...i saw that somewhere......

http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocar...+the+Red+Dawn#

Encaitare 01-14-2005 10:58 PM

*Enca cackles to self*

Some people have been under the impression that Fea is a teenage girl with a fondness for dying her hair. But contrary to popular belief, she really looks like this:

http://mi.wizards.com/global/images/...e_red_dawn.jpg

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-15-2005 09:42 AM

That's quite an appearance. I feel like I've been lied to all this time...

Gil-Galad 01-15-2005 02:59 PM

As have i Eomer...quick let us ride into the sunset....before our fangirls steal our horses...again

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-16-2005 07:22 PM

A seven-to-cast, 5/5 creature?

With trample?

With creature-control ability?

And not even a legendary creature??? (which means multiple copies of the card can be in play)

Whoa!

This is the Barrowdowns Discussion Forum's Personal Title Discussion thread, not a Magic TCG forum.

Well, I was commenting to the semblance of someone's PT. So there.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Gil. Seven generic plus two red. Sorry for the blindness.

And wrong mathematics.

Gil-Galad 01-17-2005 11:43 AM

9 to cast technically... but it can also be 5

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-17-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Some people have been under the impression that Fea is a teenage girl with a fondness for dying her hair.
Well... my hair is red... Or at least was... It's faded from cranberry juice red to a rather coppery brown.

And Eomer, I haven't wanted to lie to you all this time, but really, would you have stuck around to listen if you'd known my true appearance? I was just saving you all from certain intimidation until you got to know me better. ;)

Seriously though, I didn't actually remember the card until my brother showed it to me AFTER I'd submitted my title request. Then I was in a wee bit of a mind to say "Well at least I unintentionally ripped off the name of an AWESOME card".

Fea

PS: Yeah, Nilp. I know... creature control. And trample. And...

Lord of the Rings Forum.

Oh yeah... shut me up before I start talking about my pastel rendering of a Krovakan Vampire. :D

Gil-Galad 01-17-2005 04:37 PM

this one looks awesomeness cool

http://mi.wizards.com/global/images/...white_dawn.jpg

Encaitare 01-23-2005 09:47 PM

Several people have said it already, but I love Heren's title, Deadnight Chanter. I'm quite curious as to whether it has any special meaning. ::inquisitive face::

Nilpaurion Felagund 02-22-2005 12:47 AM

New Title.

(Well, at least it's the first time I've noticed it.)

NightKnight's Lost among the Stars.

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 02-22-2005 03:40 AM

It's the first time I've seen it as well, and I have to second your vote, Nilp.

Congrats NightKnight, if it's new. And if not, congrats on your excellent taste. :)

Sophia