The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Where is everyone from?? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4695)

Mattius 04-06-2003 04:24 PM

No thanks I'm okay here thanks pal.

Can't remember where abouts in Sheffield huh? Ah well, if it was Chrnock or Frecheville or Birely it would have been near me. I would have been 4 at that time!

kymmi666 04-06-2003 06:57 PM

are u sure? i could give you a hotdog with jam. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

kittiewhirl1677 04-07-2003 02:18 PM

I'm from Star Trek, Massachussets.
Not that it exhists... No, just kidding. About the Star Trek part. I really am from Massachussets.

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-07-2003 02:20 PM

Yeah. About 2/3 blocks away from me... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Arwen Evenstar the Fair 04-07-2003 02:22 PM

LOL, I take it you like Star Trek Kittiewhirl?!!! Anyways... Thats cool that you are from Massachussets, one of my really good friends is from there!!!!!

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Evenstar the Fair ]

kittiewhirl1677 04-07-2003 02:23 PM

Galadrieloftheolden, not 2/3 blocks. You can't really describe it in blocks let's say about 5 minutes away?

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: kittiewhirl1677 ]

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-07-2003 02:38 PM

7. Well unless you run...I wish there were more BDers here though, because you (Maya)aren't addicted to LotR, only to the BDs. I think. Weird but true, huh?

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]

kittiewhirl1677 04-07-2003 02:41 PM

NO ONE ON THE BDs LIVES IN THE BOSTON AREA OF MASSACHUSSETS???? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Izzy, were all alllooooneeee!!!

This really stinks. There are LOTS of people on the BDs.

Please tell me there's at least one Massachussetser here

LadyElbereth 04-07-2003 02:43 PM

Whoa, we just went through a pretty bad thunder storm down here. We even had some tornado warnings.Whoo hoo! Anyway, I've posted here before but it's been a while so I'll say it again! I'm from Alabama....Montgomery to be precise. Anyone else from Alabama? f so, please PM me! Even if your not from Alabama, your welcome to PM me!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lady_Báin 04-08-2003 09:59 AM

*in completely shocked voice*
SHUT UP!!!!
thats quite a few
I am a utahn as well (well at heart anyway) yeah!!! GO UTAH!!!!! I know a guy from riverton!! small world eh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm going there in august, yeah, okay, just so you know, Utah that is to say.

Sapphire_Flame 04-08-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

I am a utahn as well (well at heart anyway) yeah!!! GO UTAH!!!!! I know a guy from riverton!! small world eh?
Right on, Lady_Báin!!! Who is the guy? I might know him. (eh, you never know, I could) Why're you visiting this summer?

Lady_Báin 04-08-2003 10:53 AM

well i'm not sure, i think it was benjamin jones. I lived in American Fork (hmmm don't worry you haven't heard of it) for five years. yay i love utah!

Ainaserkewen 04-08-2003 01:42 PM

Canada all the way!!!
You know I heard a rumor that bc in canada was almost used for the filming of LOTR. Because we have such beautiful forests here.
Just to let everyone know that doesn't, I don't live in an igloo, eat raw meat(sushi, ewww) or live in my parka. Actually, where I live, it rains all the time. We got like one snow fall this year. It's raining right now.

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-08-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

one of my really good friends is from there!!!!!
NO, just kiddin, we probably don't know her/him if they live somewhere in the state...what town, anyway? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Arwen Evenstar the Fair 04-09-2003 05:17 PM

LOL actually I'm not sure which town she is from, she never told me, (and if she did I forget) I'll have to find out! But anyways she lives in Rhode Island now. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 09, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Evenstar the Fair ]

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-09-2003 05:42 PM

Tee-hee. I know a few people in Rhode Island...fat chance. I was just kidding anyway [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Donlammenion 04-11-2003 02:03 AM

hey peeps im from gloucester in GB also i lived in cuba illinois for a year with family awesome

Sapphire_Flame 04-11-2003 09:24 PM

Heh, I know where American Fork is; I've only lived in Utah all my life! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (and I've never been farther than two states away from it on vacation. rats)

Gorwingel 04-12-2003 12:29 AM

Ainaserkewen where in Canada do you live? Do you live in British Columbia? because if you do I live down here in Washington state right below you.
British Columbia Rocks! Especially Vancouver [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

The Evenstar 04-13-2003 01:59 AM

I don't normally tell people were I'm from but, hey, it's OK! I'm from South Africa, but I've got a lot of British and Italian blood in me. Mind you, it's very beautiful were I live. They're lots of mountains, forests, nature reserves etc. And animals like small buck and rock rabbits and porcupines etc. We even have a huge nature park called teh Kruger National Park. It's even bigger than the whole of the UK! But, unfortuantly my country isn't so much like Middle-earth! There's lots of shrubbery here called Fine Bush (as we call it). It's dry and hardy........Why am I talking about the flora and fauna of my country? LOL.

Beruthiel 04-13-2003 03:17 AM

Wow Evenstar, Tolkien was born in South Africa. Lucky you! I bet it must be beautiful there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I still haven't seen any Melbournions out there [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (if thats even how you spell it)

The Evenstar 04-13-2003 04:44 AM

Yea, it is cool, isn't it. Did you know Tolkien got his inspiration for The Hobbit in a place in South Africa called Hogsback?I've been there. It's very lush and green and beautiful.

kittiewhirl1677 04-14-2003 05:37 PM

Hmm... No Bostonians here. Oh well. Is anyone going to be at Cape Cod around the months of July and August? If there are any of you BDers that will be, I'll be very happy!

If you will be at cape cod, then tell me where. I'll be in Dennis Port. If any of you will be there please tell me! Maybe you can come to my beach sometime! And Galadrieloftheolden(Izzy) is going to be there some of the time too.

StarJewel 09-27-2003 11:17 PM

I'm from Illinois, and I'm close enough to Chicago to really hate it

Jack 10-02-2003 11:07 AM

Now I could say I'm from France (Bonjour) which is where I'd really like to be! But that wouldn't be really true (but my heart is there so that might count). Then I could say that I am from the Caribbean! But that wouldn't be true eather... But if you are from Minnisota (USA) please PM me... (I guess MN ROCKS...! *half hearted cheer*)

Bashbrug the Thug 10-05-2003 09:27 PM

pittsburgh pa
that makes 3

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: Bashbrug the Thug ]

Beth the Elf 10-06-2003 06:45 PM

Massachusetts USA

GaladrieloftheOlden 10-06-2003 06:55 PM

Oh, another of us! Where in MA, Beth?

-Menelien

Araathwen 10-06-2003 07:40 PM

Hi there, I'm from the land of Oz (Australia that is). I thought I might join you in discussions on Tolkeins books, the LOTR movies and the actors in the movies.

Cheers.

Everdawn 10-09-2003 02:20 AM

Quote:

Hi there, I'm from the land of Oz (Australia that is). I thought I might join you in discussions on Tolkeins books, the LOTR movies and the actors in the movies.
Cheers.
Same here but im in Brisbane.

Yavanna228 10-09-2003 08:50 PM

Hm, I believe I posted this in another thread that has since been closed, but I'm from southern Pennsylvania. For now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace

Alkanoonion 10-10-2003 07:13 AM

Adelaide, the city of church’s in Australia and a more beautiful place I have yet to find. The people are friendly and the town has a relaxed feel to it. If you ever visit Oz forget Sidney or Melbourne, Adelaide is the place to go.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Goldberry 10-10-2003 08:17 PM

Hmmm, can't believe I missed this thread before. Well anyway, I'm in Upstate New York. And I really mean upstate. Hickville and cow-country. But I love it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Geffen 10-19-2003 10:12 AM

G'day fellow insomniacs. I'm from Victoria, Australia, and it's too late to be doing this.

Amarantha_Daisy 10-19-2003 08:22 PM

Awww, it's never too late to add to a thread. That's why we revive them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anywoo, I'm from MA... Not much here except autumn leaves and cold beaches.

Yavanna228 10-19-2003 08:31 PM

I believe Geffen was referencing the time of night, dear Amarantha. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Wonderful to have such an multinational barrow, I must say.
Peace

dancing spawn of ungoliant 10-20-2003 07:30 AM

I'm from Finland...if that doesn't tell you much at least Eärendil should know
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Theoden 10-20-2003 09:25 PM

I'm from Peru... moving to Uruguay in January!

Seagull Jonathan L. 10-21-2003 12:18 AM

I am the only Ukrainian here.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Calenedheliel1 10-21-2003 10:28 AM

I am in Eugene, Oregon, but my heart belongs to Boston, Massachusetts. Haven't been able to get back there in a long time but hope to real soon, even if only for a short visit with family.