The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth XX: Wereorc I: The elves cannot hide themselves much longer. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12765)

Caranlondien 04-23-2006 10:59 AM

And finally, Night Five, I was left all alone... :(
But it was a blast!

NIGHT FIVE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caran
"Oy vey", says the last orc
This is what we should have done a long time ago...

++Azaelia

Folwren 04-23-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caranlondien
I'm no orc! I play the harp, for goodness sake! I ask you, would an orc play a harp?

This fact amused me a great amount. The first night that I modded in place of Farael, it was so terribly tempting to have Roa and Caran come out and sing a lament together for Diamond - they were both aspiring musicians, for crying out loud! But I didn't think that would be entirely fair to the orcs.

Good game, everyone! Glad I could help mod it. It was enjoyable.

-- Folwren

The Saucepan Man 04-23-2006 11:38 AM

OK Orcs, I can understand why you didn't kill Zali, although it was a risky strategy. But why didn't you kill off the virtually known innocents, like Sleepy and Nogrod, in her place?

Caranlondien 04-23-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

OK Orcs, I can understand why you didn't kill Zali, although it was a risky strategy. But why didn't you kill off the virtually known innocents, like Sleepy and Nogrod, in her place?
The problem was, we didn't know who Zali would be protecting. Looking back, of course, I could kick myself for not doing just that, but at the time, it seemed like going for Diamond would be unpredictable. Also, we kept hoping we'd get the Shaman, and neither of us really thought Nogrod or Sleepy was the Shaman.

Nogrod 04-23-2006 12:07 PM

I think this scheming on both sides was just the thing that made this game so interesting. So as we tried to confuse the orcs by playing with Celuien's shamanship, they frustrated us by leaving Zali alive night after night. It really made the playing quite complicated to all involved - and so much fun!

Farael 04-23-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caran
I mean, when my brother was a wolf, Farael seemed certain of his guilt from Day 1 without having any real case, and he turned out not to be the seer.

AIWENDIL!!!! :mad: :mad:

Hahahaha sorry, I can't stop laughing at that one. It was a little bit of luck and a little bit of gut... but boy was I cheering when I saw he was a wolf. Anyway, back to our scheduled programing.

Nogrod 04-23-2006 12:16 PM

And Caran, just once more: thank's for sharing the orc-posts with the rest of us. They nicely brought back different situations, and showed your angle in to the game. Very interesting indeed.

Farael 04-23-2006 12:28 PM

I can't believe I just went through all that writing. I must say it was lots of fun playing around with Roa. She sounded rather sad when I told her I was just kidding :D

But you wereorcs had a good plan in mind... I was half-hoping that you'r Zali plan would work out, but Naria foiled it at the last second. One more night and I think Caran would have cruised to an easy win.

Just one thing though... Caran, how would you have known that Celuien was the Shaman if you got a dream? The dreams didn't say who was the Shaman, they only said who was the dreamed person.

And also, I'm afraid that for those of you whom I did not write up a dream, I will not at all. I did one or two "good" dream write-ups but then because of... let's say time concerns... I would only PM something along the lines of

You got a dream! Aiwendil is a werewolf.

Yet Zali, I will do your death scene sooner or later =)

Diamond18 04-23-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

And I take back what I said about Were-Orcs. It actually worked quite well. And, as we are shortly to be terrorised by Were-Ducks, well Orcs do seem rather fearsome in comparison ...
*Quiet, evil laughter comes from Diamond's corner...* :p

Thank you for posting all the Orc conversations, Caran! I had forgot all about my "Roa and Caran must be Orcs" post, ha!

The Saucepan Man 04-23-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

... but boy was I cheering when I saw he was a wolf.
You weren't cheering when you saw who the last Wolf was, though ... :p

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Caranlondien 04-23-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael
Just one thing though... Caran, how would you have known that Celuien was the Shaman if you got a dream? The dreams didn't say who was the Shaman, they only said who was the dreamed person.

Actually, at that point we we operating under the assumption Celuien was the Shaman and we had succeeded in killing her. So we were going to go forward with Roa's Ranger-impersonation, and the code I worked out was in case I got the dream, so Roa could say she had gotten it and dreamt that Zali wasn't the Ranger, to add to her credibility.

Or was that not what you were talking about?

dancing spawn of ungoliant 04-23-2006 01:38 PM

Thanks, Caran, for sharing your orcish PMs. It's always fun to read about the trio's plans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny
I think Dancing Spawn is the one to fear.

I must have an ill reputation if someone who hasn't ever played with me thinks that way... :rolleyes: :p

Oh, one more thing. Findëasëa and Grendelien were great. If I didn't know, I wouldn't have guessed that they're newcomers to our WW society. :)

Farael 04-23-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
You weren't cheering when you saw who the last Wolf was, though ... :p

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

You fiend.... and it's alright, you earned bragging rights. You'll loose them soon, worry not :mad:

JennyHallu 04-23-2006 02:15 PM

I have a delightful habit of reading every word in other people's werewolf games...I may be silent, but you can trust me to be lurking ;). And it's a good reputation, Spawn, not an ill one at all.

Diamond18 04-23-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
I must have an ill reputation if someone who hasn't ever played with me thinks that way...

Actually I think that's a pretty good reputation. ;) Better than being the one who analyzes herself into a corner and can be easily made to attack others. :p

Celuien 04-23-2006 05:40 PM

Thanks for posting the PMs, Caran. Very interesting to see Orcs at work. :D

And Diamond's right, Spawn. That's a great reputation to have. It means you are a force to be reckoned with!

Farael 04-23-2006 06:02 PM

Actually, the best reputation to have is that of an irrational suicidal maniac, you will survive every game for long :D Long enough to find out that SPM was indeed the remaining wolf, and not Glirdan (or was it Hoobkill?)

JennyHallu 04-23-2006 08:04 PM

You weren't as easily led around by the nose this time, Di! You were helpful, insightful, and careful. I was impressed...and annoyed.

Thankfully, I can cheerfully tell myself it's just because I wasn't around to hold your leash ;). Yay for good excuses!

Glirdan 04-23-2006 08:06 PM

No, it was me. Curse that man with pans!! I was so used to him being innocent when he was lynched that I refused (in my pride) to believe that he was the final Wolf. Do you forgive me Farael?

Roa_Aoife 04-24-2006 12:57 PM

Well, this is my VERY FIRST loss in Werewolf, but I hold that if I hadn't actually been traveling (I had a personal trip two states away that needed immediate attention) I wouldn't have been lynched and we could've won. That said:

To my fellow wolves- Jenny, I was sorry to see you go. You were a great asset to us in the beginning, and had you lasted even a little longer, we would've won. Too bad we couldn't pick up on your hints. Caran, you were great as a first time wolf. If it hadn't been for that blasted seer, I feel certain that you could've survived till the end.

Gifteds- Zali, yes, we intentionally messed with you, and it was all my idea. But you did a great job, and you made the game quite challenging. Naria, you are the best seer I've seen yet. You managed to stay under the radar so well that I had only a passing suspicion that you were the shaman.

Everyone else- Sleepy, you're... well, I refer to my pervious post where I stated that only you could be a known innocent and still look like an orc.

Nogrod- Yes... fear me! MWAHAHAHAHA! No, really, you're quite threatening to Therianthropes everywhere. I shudder to think of you as a wolf.

Diamond- We killed you because you weren't doing what you were supposed to- that is, garner suspicion. You played really well this game.

Celuien- Nicely played. You're a good asset to the village, which makes you quite a liability to the wolves.

Spawn- Nice instincts. You really are the danger we were thinking you were.

Findeasea- :p Very well done for your first game.

Grendelien- See above

Kitanna- I still don't know what to make of you.

Glirdan- you know I didn't honestly think everyone would jump on and lynch you, but hey, it happens. Good playing for your first day.

Legolas- Try again sometime.

And thanks to our Mod and mod susbitute- Farael and Folwren. Farael- you are as evil as I.

Nogrod 04-24-2006 03:08 PM

Roa!

I'm just curious.

My reason to believe you innocent that one night (facing lynching against Findëasëa) was my interpretation of you being sincerely worried about Diamond's death earlier at the last minutes... Was that a fore-crafted plan, just "carpe diem"-orcsery or natural feeling coming out behind the orc-suit?

I know, you have many options to answer this one, but rest assured, that any kind of humanity glimmering behind your gaming will be thoroughfully suspected by me from now on... :p

So you might also be able to tell the truth... :)

Farael 04-24-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
No, it was me. Curse that man with pans!! I was so used to him being innocent when he was lynched that I refused (in my pride) to believe that he was the final Wolf. Do you forgive me Farael?

Of course! not that I secretly PM'd everyone saying that you were a wolf on the first day (didn't you find your lynching rather suspect? you had done nothing! :D )

Nah, but the enemy here is SPM.... we shall teach him next time around. Yes we shall. Very much so. I have no idea how though...

Glirdan 04-24-2006 04:52 PM

We'll, see my friend. We'll see...

The Saucepan Man 04-24-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Nah, but the enemy here is SPM ...

Ah, happy days. :D

Diamond18 04-24-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Diamond- We killed you because you weren't doing what you were supposed to- that is, garner suspicion. You played really well this game.

And my reward for playing well was death. What a fascinating game. :p Well I really didn't suspect you at all (see the suspect list the day before I died, you were the last person on the list!)

I fear you. :p

Roa_Aoife 04-24-2006 05:49 PM

Actually, Nogrod, I sincerely didn't want Diamond to die on the first day. I loathe quiet villages, especially as a wolf- takes all the challenge and thus the fun out of it- and Diamond is one very noisy player. I was almost sorry to kill her. Naturally, I allowed my concern for her well being to be played up into innocense, and I was glad for the cover it provided me, too. However, I wasn't so concerned about the loss of an innocent as I was about the loss of a player who contributes. By the same token, I hate to attack people who aren't present to offer a defense, even as a wolf, because it doesn't seem fair or sporting.

Quote:

I fear you.
Is it wrong that I find this to be the greatest possible compliment? Also, since this game has been full of songs, and I never really made an in character post, here's the song I wrote for my death, even though I wasn't present to post it.

(Adapted from 3 Doors Down's "Dangerous Game")

You stand before me
Now we stare eye to eye
Before another second clicks away, one of us will die
You reach for your analysis as I reach for mine
The sound of arguments in the air is followed by a cry

And they're cryin'

What will we do, what will we say when it’s the end of this game that we play
Will we head over to Books, my friend
Or will we start this game over again?

The young wolf lies alone but fastened into the ground
The sound of accusations and the village's votes will be his last sound

But do we gain from all this?
Now, was it worth a gifted? no
We throw all of our protection away
And set our dreams aside

Now we’re cryin'

Will we head over to Books, my friend
or will we start this game over again?
It’s coming back to me
It’s coming back to me

Will we head over to books, my friend
or will we start this game over again?

Lhunardawen 04-24-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Nah, but the enemy here is SPM.... we shall teach him next time around. Yes we shall. Very much so. I have no idea how though...

You might want to team up with Nilp on that. ;)

Glirdan 04-24-2006 06:45 PM

Ooo!! Another let's hunt Spm groupie? Okay!! Nilp!? Where are you!? We need to start a little club!

Sleepy Ranger 04-24-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Ooo!! Another let's hunt Spm groupie? Okay!! Nilp!? Where are you!? We need to start a little club!

Blah! WWJ V! I owe you Saucey! Sleepy draws his sword, awaiting his foe Spanman to engage in a never-ending duel of fates.

Diamond18 04-24-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Quote:

I fear you.
Is it wrong that I find this to be the greatest possible compliment?

If it's wrong, I don't want to be right. :D