The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Barrow Downs MySpace (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12002)

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-01-2005 07:09 PM

Barrow Downs Blogs

First of all... to the mods... if this thread is not allowed, then please feel free to delete it. I was uncertain as to whether it was or not.

Ok, I was wondering if any of my fellow Downs members use MySpace. Anyone? I'm always trying to see if there is anyone else I know on there.
Anyway, if you use MySpace, you can find me here: http://www.myspace.com/ladyofshalott

the phantom 07-01-2005 09:26 PM

Fea uses MySpace.

I sort of do. I don't have a page on MySpace- I just signed up so I could make comments on Fea's entries.

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-01-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

I just signed up so I could make comments on Fea's entries.
Oh yeeeaah... are you sure you two aren't dating? Hehe.
You should flesh out your profile and send me a friend's request.

I hope that Fea sees this, because I don't really know how to look her up, she'll have to find me.

Estelyn Telcontar 07-02-2005 02:25 AM

Is that a blog site? If so, we could add other similar sites which have Barrow-Downers participating. There are quite a few of us (not all forum members, some from the Downs' chat room) on Xanga - see the Barrow Downs Blogring there.

Lalwendė 07-02-2005 07:56 AM

That looks good - I used to do some blogging myself and I've been thinking about doing more. I presume you have to sign up for a Xanga blog, but do you then just link to the blogring? And one more question, can you post photos on there at all? ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-02-2005 10:35 AM

TP beat me to my own revelation... Yes, I use Myspace. Mostly I forget I have it until I get a message through my e-mail saying that unseen (tp) commented on one of my blogs... usually the comments consist of "Hey, you haven't updated in over a month! What's wrong with you?" ;)

Tig, I'll check out yours as soon as I'm on a computer with a little more oomph. I'm called My<3WasAnOpenBook at the moment, so when you get a request from me, it's me.

Quote:

I hope that Fea sees this, because I don't really know how to look her up, she'll have to find me.
You would need either to click a link to me, know my name, or know my yahoo address. I'll find you... it'll be easier.

the phantom 07-02-2005 10:43 AM

Quote:

Mostly I forget I have it until I get a message through my e-mail saying that unseen (tp) commented on one of my blogs... usually the comments consist of "Hey, you haven't updated in over a month! What's wrong with you?"
Just trying to help you out, m'dear. ;)
Quote:

are you sure you two aren't dating? Hehe.
Oh, of course we are. We live a thousand miles away and we've never met. Yes yes- the perfect set up for a relationship. She does her thing and I do mine, and once a day we hop on The Downs and compliment each other on how smart and pretty we are. It's a great system. We've never been happier.

And I added you as a friend, Tig. I hope that's not too presumptuous.

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-02-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

We live a thousand miles away and we've never met. Yes yes- the perfect set up for a relationship. She does her thing and I do mine, and once a day we hop on The Downs and compliment each other on how smart and pretty we are. It's a great system. We've never been happier.
Hahaha. A long distance relationship with him, when I can't even make short-distance ones with people I know in RL work? Riiight. :p :rolleyes:

Tig, I've also sent you a request. And just for you, tp, I'm about to update my blog.

Estelyn Telcontar 07-02-2005 12:45 PM

Lal, once you've registered on Xanga, you go to the BD blogring page to which I linked. On the left is a link that says "Join this blogring" - that'll do the trick! Hey, if I can manage it, anyone can! Anyway, it would be great to have you blogging there - the more the merrier! (Especially if it's more people that I actually know, more or less... )

I'm sure you can do photos; however, it's something I haven't yet figured out. As King Herod said to the wise men, when you have found out, come back and tell me! ;)

the phantom 07-02-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

A long distance relationship with him, when I can't even make short-distance ones with people I know in RL work?
Hmm...now, if I am interpreting that correctly, you seem to be saying that-
1) you are not very good with people
2) I am a particularly difficult person to get along with

You are insulting yourself and me at the same time. You aren't still angry about all those insults I threw at you in the last game of werewolf, are you?

I hope you realize I was merely playing my part *coughnotreallycough* :p
Quote:

I'm about to update my blog
Yipee!

I should post a thing or two on MySpace this weekend. Maybe it can be a place for me to post outrageous and insulting opinion pieces and tasteless jokes. I don't want to clutter up my official site with that stuff, you see.

Gil-Galad 07-02-2005 06:22 PM

i have a myspace too but nobody cares enough to check it out...

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-02-2005 10:24 PM

How can we check it out, Gil-Galad, if you don't link us to it???

Quote:

And I added you as a friend, Tig. I hope that's not too presumptuous.
Well, it was a bit, but it's not like I wouldn't expect that from you ;) Hehe.

I'll have to check out the Xanga thing... I don't know, though, I already have two online journals... MySpace and Livejournal... so I don't know if I can have another. I don't know if I could keep up with another. Between my two journals, emails, and the forums I visit, I'm already online for too much time. Haha.

Kath 07-03-2005 06:57 AM

I've been to your site a couple of times Gil (or at least I have if thats where the link in your sig takes me) but you don't seem to update much. Maybe I'm just not observant enough.

Gil-Galad 07-03-2005 10:02 AM

thats my freeweb site, and i try to update it...usually need friendly reminders though

MySpace

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-03-2005 10:37 AM

The link is taking me to an MSN page that seems to not exist. MySpace is something over at www.myspace.com ... are you there, Gil-Galad?

What about Livejournal? Is anyone else on there, or does every do Xanga?

Gil-Galad 07-03-2005 10:59 AM

woops its MsnSpace i have...

Kath 07-03-2005 12:40 PM

Is MySpace the one that you get free with MSN or something else?

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-03-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Is MySpace the one that you get free with MSN or something else?
Also free, but not MSN.

Encaitare 07-10-2005 06:06 PM

I have a Live Journal, Tig. I just use it to make icons, though. I've been slacking as of late; I ought to make some more. The journal be hither if anyone's interested. Kitanna, Nilp, and Evisse have LJ accounts too.

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-11-2005 10:41 PM

I added you. My LJ name is "psyknife"

Encaitare 07-12-2005 08:33 AM

Added you back. :)

Durelin 07-18-2005 06:39 PM

If anyone cares/would like to know/wants to stalk me...

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/durelin

Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Rakein

I'm bored, so I thought I might as well post that...yeah...

Nimrodel_9 08-04-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

i have a myspace too but nobody cares enough to check it out...
I've been there, Gil!

I have been trying to get one, but I can't ever find the time. :p

arcticstorm 08-17-2005 08:45 PM

I also have both a myspace and xanga

MySpace: my space

Xanga: xanga

manaratowen 08-18-2005 12:18 AM

i have a myspace, i dont use it ever. its here http://www.myspace.com/2419017

and i ahve a LJ too, which i use more often than myspace and that is here http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo....al31&mode=full

Joy 08-18-2005 01:25 AM

Here is mine - http://www.myspace.com/kingdomwarrior78

I haven't posted much since my back surgery - been in the hospital 3 times this year and just haven't wanted to do much online. I have to get in there and do some updates :D

Thanks for reminding me of this.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-13-2006 04:54 PM

O ho! I went and got one too. It's a lot more fun than I would have guessed it to be. Though I'll have to borrow my aunt's digital camera again...

Do you think that, if we started a group on Myspace, then off-topic discussion would decrease here on the Downs? :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-13-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Do you think that, if we started a group on Myspace, then off-topic discussion would decrease here on the Downs? :D

Probably not.

Encai, I friended you on LiveJournal. Aliquisa. Amazing what sorts of things badgering friends can get you to do...

Gurthang 01-14-2006 03:03 AM

I feel so left out! :(

Although, it guess it's more my own choice to not get involved. I plead the case of not having enough time. Also, I suffer from lack of wanting to type about myself for other people to pry into... not that anyone wants to do that. :p

Still, I'm wondering if anyone here has ever heard of Facebook? It's not nearly as popular as MySpace or LiveJournal, but (from my perspective) it's a whole lot easier to use. Unfortunately, I think it's mainly for college students; but they recently added a high school version, too.

arcticstorm 01-14-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurthang
Still, I'm wondering if anyone here has ever heard of Facebook? It's not nearly as popular as MySpace or LiveJournal, but (from my perspective) it's a whole lot easier to use. Unfortunately, I think it's mainly for college students; but they recently added a high school version, too.

yea i really like facebook, and for some odd reason, it can be pretty addicting

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-14-2006 10:13 AM

I think it's the poking that causes the addiction.

Gurthang 01-14-2006 01:22 PM

Really? I'm pretty sure that poking is one of the weirdest features of the entire program. Almost to the point of creepy.

Well, it's nice to know I actually have something in common with some people. I'm at Kansas State University, see if you guys can find me. (Right, amongst 20,000 students and you have no name to go with. Good luck! :D ) Fea or arcticstorm, wanna tell me your school so I can look aimlessly around for you. ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-14-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurthang
Really? I'm pretty sure that poking is one of the weirdest features of the entire program. Almost ot the point of creepy.

Perhaps, then, it's the randomly located sentences such as "I don't even know what a pheasant looks like."?

Gurthang 01-14-2006 02:26 PM

Actually, it was "I don't even know what a quail looks like." :p I started a group about it. :D They recently changed it to say "Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns." I started a group about that one, too. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we can start a group for the Barrowdowns. I don't know if the program will let people from different colleges be in the same group though.

Feanor of the Peredhil 01-14-2006 02:28 PM

Quail, pheasant... close enough.

Either way, the random quotes make me grin.

Sleepy Ranger 02-18-2006 04:32 AM

I'm convinced MySpace is evil however I do have a LJ

http://gamer-jedi.livejournal.com/

Parmawen 05-15-2006 03:52 PM

Ooh! I have a myspace right here!

I know I'm not particularly loquacious on the Downs, (more of a reader than a participater) but it'd be fantastic to start a myspace group for it!

So yeah, if anyone wants to add me, that'd be pretty sweet! :D

Ithaeliel 05-17-2006 12:34 PM

I HAD a myspace. But I found that many of the people in that community were questionable in character and had a lot of content on their profiles I found inappropriate, and I didn't want to be stalked via the information I provided (and there have been cases of myspace stalking). So my account has been voluntarily cast into the oblivion for good. I didn't find it to be worth the effort of keeping it up, either.

However, I exist here, and isn't that what matters? :)

the guy who be short 05-17-2006 02:25 PM

Everything you need to Stalk me.

Lush 05-22-2006 07:28 PM

Yo.

I added you on MySpace, Tiger.

I'm over at: Little Lushie

And

Indiscretions , the blog that has taken on a life of its own.