The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trilogy Tuesday: What Not to do (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5306)

Rosie-Posey Sandybanks 12-07-2003 10:45 PM

Trilogy Tuesday: What Not to do

Someone sent me this. I'm sorry if it has been posted. I looked and didn't see it.

Trilogy Tuesday: What Not to do

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait...where
the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT
PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time
someone says: "The Ring."

4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your
lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off
someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

9. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep"
Monty Python style.

10. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and
shout "RUN FOREST,RUN!"

12. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien
about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the
theatre.

13. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

14. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of
a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

15. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

16. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around
looking terribly confused.

17. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for tense moment and
shout, "I see dead people!"

18. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and
Yoda would be like.

19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the
Shelob scene.

20. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of
California.

21. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's really let
herself go!"

And I added one of my own...

22. When they try to take your ticket, yank it away and scream, "Not my precious! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!" Assume your most Gollum face when you do this.

Feel free to add more! It's fun!

Theoric Windcaller 12-07-2003 10:54 PM

haha! Think i'll do some of those on Tuesday 8). (The Gollum, Dobby, Yoda convo.)

Estelyn Telcontar 12-08-2003 02:16 AM

Quote:

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and
shout "RUN FOREST,RUN!"
ROFL!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

vanwalossien 12-08-2003 03:34 AM

Run, forest, run! Oh, I won't be able to stop thinking of that now... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Great! I have a weird feeling I'll shout that very loudly next time I watch TTT [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:34 AM December 08, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

dancing spawn of ungoliant 12-08-2003 01:06 PM

Hilarious! I have to remember those though we don't have such a thing as Trilogy Tuesday.

mark12_30 12-08-2003 01:18 PM

--During ROTK, stand up and shout, "I've run out of tissues! I've run out of tissues!"

--During Pelennior Fields: "Why all the fuss? Orcs are people too!"

--At the Grey Havens, loudly whine "Why Couldn't Gollum Come Too?"

--"And Saruman?"

--"And Wormtongue??"

--Sing along loudly and off-key with Annie Lennox.

Salix 12-08-2003 01:51 PM

I found a slightly different copy of this in some comments on a comic strip, and they had a few different ones.
Quote:

Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts

At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians.

When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.

Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins.
Here's the link in case you want to see it.
Link

Feared Half-Elf 12-08-2003 02:02 PM

Quote:

13. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"
Teehee! Where's Waldo! Teehee. *Reminds herself not to eat any blue smarties ever again* Teeheehee!

Quote:

18. Imitate what you think a conversation would be like between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda
Yoda: Destroyed it must be!
Dobby: No Yoda sir, The Ring must not go back to Mordor.
Gollum: Do I care? Nice fisssshhhhh! My Precious will not go back to nasssty firey mountain of doomsessss!
Yoda: To Mordor it must go! To your death you must fall!

Ainaserkewen 12-08-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

California.
ouuuuuu! That I would do.

Quote:

I wonder if the kid who did that line will be at a premier?

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-08-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."
*embarrassed cough* actually, I already did that for one of the moves... but mostly muttered just to whomever had the bad fortune to sit next to me...

more that I haven't tried yet:
-get lots of herbal essences sample bottles and go up and down the aisles yelling, "Don't end up like Aragorn, people! Buy your shampoo now!"
-when gandalf falls into the abyss, scream, "Mufasa!!! Noooo!" (like, from the Lion King? anyone get that...?)
-initiate a loud conversation with the stranger sitting next to you about how you think the two sexiest guys in the movie are definitely Gandalf and Gimli. and then when one of them appears on screen, scream "Take off the shirt!" (sorry if this is too weird.. have I ruined anyone's future movie-watching experience?)
-give in to the irresistable urge to jump up and dance in the aisles to the hobbit music at Bilbo's party. come on, you KNOW you want to.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:32 PM December 08, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Snickerdoodle ]

Enorëiel 12-08-2003 04:27 PM

LOL, I've seen most of these things before only it was entitled "How to Survive LOTR". Although.... there are some different ones here then what I've seen - all the merrier!!!

Quote:

18. Imitate what you think a conversation would be like between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda
These are great ones!!! Though I must admit that this one:

Quote:

19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the
Shelob scene.
is equally as great - you know how freaked out I'd be? (until I noticed they weren't tiny Shelobs and just daddy-long-legs [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Quote:

California.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] governor of California... that's horibble!!!! I love it!

Theron Bugtussle 12-08-2003 05:53 PM

Immediately before the Battle of Pelennor Fields begins, stand up and shout, "Before we get started, I just want everyone to remember, there are no winners or losers here today." [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Theoric Windcaller 12-08-2003 06:14 PM

(This is for people who like Monty Python)

When the Fellowship reaches the Bridge of Khazad-Dum, say to the person next to you: "The Bridge of Death! What is you favorite color?"

Rosie-Posey Sandybanks 12-08-2003 07:04 PM

Great ones everybody! I think I'm going to do the "You Shall Not Pass" one. If no one gets in, I can get good seats!

How about this one.

If you see someone wearing a One Ring replica, go up to them and kneel, saying: "We swears to serve the master of the precious!"

Interesting way to meet new people!

Oh, I just thought of another. At the Council of Elrond, when Frodo says, "I will take the ring to Mordor" stand up and scream, "No, let me take it!" and run out of the theater.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:06 PM December 08, 2003: Message edited by: Rosie-Posey Sandybanks ]

mark12_30 12-08-2003 07:41 PM

Quote:

If you see someone wearing a One Ring replica, go up to them and kneel, saying: "We swears to serve the master of the precious!"
ROFL!!! Rosie, that's great-- I oughta try that on our assistant pastor!

Catherine 12-08-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

-when gandalf falls into the abyss, scream, "Mufasa!!! Noooo!" (like, from the Lion King? anyone get that...?)
I got it and it is very funny!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:

California.
Now this one is hilarious!!! i am still laughing!

Tar-Alcarin 12-08-2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

-initiate a loud conversation with the stranger sitting next to you about how you think the two sexiest guys in the movie are definitely Gandalf and Gimli. and then when one of them appears on screen, scream "Take off the shirt!" (sorry if this is too weird.. have I ruined anyone's future movie-watching experience?)
thanks a lot, now im scarred for life.

But anyways back to the topic,
When ever you see someone one sfcreen, ask very loudly to the person next to you " Is that Frodo?"
and when Frodo does appear on screen Yell "OMG ITS FRODO"

Everdawn 12-09-2003 02:09 AM

Oh my god, ive come to the realisaton that i have done MANY of those things, does that make me sad or just insane and i have seen too many movies?

elfearz1 12-09-2003 10:26 AM

BAHAHAHAHA [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"run forest run!"
that's great!

Quote:

Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of
California.
hey I think he'd make a great gov! atleast he'd know how to pronounce our state's name

Eöl 12-09-2003 02:04 PM

haha YOU SHALL NOT PASS i love it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

that'd be pretty funny if someone would yell that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-09-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks a lot, now im scarred for life.
*snicker* sorry, I'm good at doing that. Just be thankful I didn't do the joke about Legolas. But I would have gotten kicked off bd for saying it anyway... *slap myself to knock the nastiness out of my head* Oooh noo now i have the image in my head!!! get out get out!!!!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:28 PM December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Snickerdoodle ]

Orominuialwen 12-09-2003 02:56 PM

Quote:

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait...where
the hell is Harry Potter?"
I know some people who would probably actually do that [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] .
Quote:

8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off
someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
Hee hee! Has anyone noticed that Gollum has extra teeth? He's only supposed to have 6, but in the movie, he's got at least 8. Hmm, Trilogy Tuesday was sold out a long time ago where I am, but I might just try some of these on the 17th!

Finwe 12-09-2003 05:29 PM

When you're in the theater, don't:

Dump your drink all over the people in the row in front of you right as Shelob bites Frodo and scream, "SPIDER SALIVA!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!" and cause a stampede.

It may be funny, but it can also get you arrested. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lëowen 12-09-2003 06:19 PM

~In TTT, when Gollum is crawling down the rock to Frodo and Sam, lean really close to the back of the person in front of you and hiss 'It's mine, my precioussss! They stoles it from us!'
~In FotR when Pippin and Merry are singing in the bar, sing along as loudly and as out of tune as you can.
~When Faramir takes the hobbits to Gondor, stand up and proclaim loudly 'That didn't happen in the book!!!' Then proceed to take out your copy of TTT and read aloud exactly what did happen, leaving nothing out.

Mwahahaa. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Arothir 12-09-2003 07:11 PM

when Shelob appears don't yell: "AHHH!!! IT'S A SPIDER! GET IT OFF!"

Rosie-Posey Sandybanks 12-09-2003 11:01 PM

This is more and more fun as the posts go on! LOL. You guys are great! I thought of another one.

Nearing the end of the Battle for Helm's Deep, when the Rohirrim are riding down the hill, stand up and loudly sing:

"We are the Champions, my friend. And we'll keep on fighting till the end. We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for losers cause we are the champions, of Middle-Earth!"

By the way, I love the "that didn't happen in the book" one. So funny!

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel 12-11-2003 12:38 AM

DO NOT

-Start saying how "Gandalf's new robes really bring out the colour of his eyes" or "Yes, i agree, Green is nice on Legolas, but i think a pale blue would do him justice..."

Do Not (but do it for the fun) Loudly ask the person who is sitting next to you who is who and make then give a detailed account of things past and quotes from the book.

Don't ask the audience whether "that guy was in Mighty Ducks"

And DON'T ask "Which one is Peter Jackson?"

or... "Where is Boromir?"

the guy who be short 12-11-2003 11:37 AM

When Faramir crowns Aragorn, say:
"Hang on, they never killed the Saur-mon Guy!

Finwe 12-11-2003 11:56 AM

When Aragorn marries Arwen:

"I thought Eowyn was supposed to marry Aragorn. What happened?"

(Mind you, proclaim it rather loudly.)

You're guaranteed to annoy at least one Tolkien fan in the theater. Even the smallest towns have their token Tolkien, and I speak for Brownsville, TX.

Lindril Arvilya 12-11-2003 03:58 PM

Quote:

14. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of
a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.
Yeah... but what if it's Elrond?

Lindril (now THAT'S scary) Arvilya

Rosie-Posey Sandybanks 12-11-2003 04:26 PM

Quote:

Yeah... but what if it's Elrond?
Argh! Naked Elrond! Bad mental picture! Bad mental picture!! Thanks a lot. Now I'll have nightmares for a week!

How about:

Since we obviously all know the movies by heart, do not quote Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers word for word. If you must do this, see how long it takes for the person behind you to kick your seat!

Naz 12-11-2003 05:19 PM

Don't, when Pippin starts singing, jump up, scream, "OH PIPPIN!", scream, then fall over.

I dunno. I thought it was funny&gt; &lt;;

No! NO naked Elrond! Kowai~~~~!! *hides*

Finwe 12-11-2003 05:24 PM

In the name of Eru! NO NAKED ELROND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loudly claim that Figwit is going to show up during Return of the King, save Aragorn's life, and go out on a drinking binge with Legolas. See how many fan-girls keel over. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Elennar Starfire 12-11-2003 08:31 PM

I have quite a list here:

-make an elephant noise every time an Oliphaunt comes on the screen

-Come dressed as a pirate, and when the orc pours that brown stuff into Merry's mouth, yell "That's why the rum is gone!"

-Bring sticks, and whenever there's a battle, pretend to swordfight with a friend in front of the screen. (even better if one of you dies dramatically)

-After Boromir trys to take the ring, yell "you stupid fool, you did that last time!"

-When you first see Denethor, do a Meela imitation (especially do not do this if you are in the same theatre as Meela!)

-Throw squid at Boromir

-Every time you see Boromir, yell "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!" Then do it.

-First time you see the 'wraiths on wings' say in a confused tone "I thought they killed the dragon!"

-At the council of Elrond, right after Gimli says "and my axe" say "and my fork!"

-When Gimli says "not the beard!" yell "drop him!"

-When the ents are marching to Isengard, start singing "The ents go marching one by one..."

-When you see a closeup of Aragorn's sword, yell "hey, that's not Anduril!"

Rosie-Posey Sandybanks 12-11-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

-At the council of Elrond, right after Gimli says "and my axe" say "and my fork!"

-When the ents are marching to Isengard, start singing "The ents go marching one by one..."
Okay, those were FUNNY!

How about:

Whenever they show a closeup of a Hobbit's feet, scream, "You know what they say about men with big feet! Oh Baby"

lol. it's a bit late and i'm a bit tired!

Naz 12-12-2003 06:06 PM

Don't, when anyone sings Elvish, sing along loudly & off key.

Ok, it was funny.. Was...&gt; &lt;;;

Augh! Now I'll wanna do the wave & risk my dad murdering me halfway through Fellowship! *does the Wave* DO THE WAVE^ ^

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:07 PM December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Naz ]

Trippo The Hippo 12-12-2003 06:39 PM

--When Aragorn is crowned king do not yell loudly "I thought Boromir was the disco king?" and then proceed to do the wave.

This one you can do or not do its your choice you will get alot of odd looks but some Bders like that.
--During the infamous scene when boromir rides into rivendell stand up and proclaim "This isn't Osgiliath!?!?"

I know this is titled things not to do but this is something you should do and this is a good spot to put it.
--If you are in the theater with Meela when Denethor strikes the match by all costs stop Meela from calling the fire department it will save you alot of the trouble in the long run

P.S. I apologize that second one took no thought but I am sure most of you would admit it would be pretty funny if a BDer did that.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:40 PM December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Trippo The Hippo ]

Meneltarmacil 12-13-2003 02:30 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
No! Not Elrond! Not like that!
*Meneltarmacil has a heart attack and dies*

*Lindril Arvilya is suddenly surrounded by several extremely angry Agent Smith clones*

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel 12-13-2003 02:41 AM

Quote:

*Lindril Arvilya is suddenly surrounded by several extremely angry Agent Smith clones*
'

Youll never believe it...

But when i was at the Australian Premiere of Peter Pan at Movie World i went to the Matrix Exibit and they have a room in which there was around thirty clones of Agent Smith from the movie around you in the room. Needless to say, I ran out screaming.

(which is something kiddies,which also you should not do.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

Niluial 12-13-2003 12:34 PM

Here is my list:

- When Aragorn sniffs the air sniff the person next to you and say “Eww even Aragorn can smell you!”

- When something scary is showing go under someone’s seat and grab their feet.

- Tap the person next to you and show them your foot and say “see I have hobbit feet” then if the person ignores you say “You don’t believe me?” and start crying.

- If someone next to you has a ring on their finger grab their hand and say “You have our precioussss! Give us it!”

- Whenever you see the ring on the screen, scream allowed “preciousss! The preciousss!”

- When they speak elvish shout “what are they saying? Cant they just speak I am too slow for subtitles!”

- When RotK starts and its only two minutes into the film shout “The movie already sucks!”

- Throw your pop corn in the air and shout “spiders”

- Sometime in the film look at the person next to you and say “What’s going on?”

~Niluial

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:38 PM December 13, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]