The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   For Those Who Died Today... Happy Deathday! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11207)

HerenIstarion 09-24-2004 01:55 AM

For Those Who Died Today... Happy Deathday!

Once, long ago, before apes came down to the plains to become humans, and the most progressive and expensive videocard had 32MB of memory, your humble servant joined the Barrow-Downs. The day of my death was a happy day, and I would share the joy with you, beloved and esteemed co-Downers

Happy Deathday to me :)

Once I had a similar thread dedicated to the purpose, but, being young, I was an egoist. It was dedicated to my own self only, and so was cast into oblivion. This one here is for everyone, to announce the day of their joining the Downs and celebrate the happy event with the rest of us :)

Join in

Mithalwen 09-24-2004 09:11 AM

All together now "Happy Deathday to you ! Happy Deathday to you! Happy Deathday - dear Heren Istarion. Happy Deathday to you! Now blow out all your candles with one breath - if that is possible for a dead man... So is there a deathday party? And in hobbit fashion - do we get presents? :D

Bęthberry 09-24-2004 09:16 AM

No downer he! Wait, let me rephrase that...

Of course HI gives us mathoms, Mithalwen. Haven't you noticed how often he resurrects old threads? :p :D

Mithalwen 09-24-2004 10:44 AM

I had, but being more cynical, I thought he was merely trying to improve his already impressive post count.....

And they are so old that it would be nice if he also gave out dusters.... :p

HerenIstarion 09-25-2004 04:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback, ladies :)

Quote:

I thought he was merely trying to improve his already impressive post count
Nope, playing quotes is enough for that. Yet I would not be able to beat SpM and Pio anyway, at current rate. Currently third, Child of 7th Age also posts more than yours truly. The most I can probably hope for is to surpass Mr. Barrow Wight :D

Which reminds me of Morsul. He is not around, I suppose school is to blame. But if the whole year were a vacation, this guy would be all time poster :)

Er, back to topic - nobody joined on September 25?

Lhunardawen 09-26-2004 12:37 AM

Considering the number of Barrowdowners and the number of days there are in a year, I would suppose somebody did. But the question is...is he/she an active member?

Belated happy deathday, by the way. :)

Diamond18 09-27-2004 06:35 PM

I died on this day two years ago. I do not know how much memory the most progessive and expensive videocard had at that time, however.

HerenIstarion 09-27-2004 11:07 PM

Happy Deathday to you :) :D

Mithalwen 09-28-2004 11:15 AM

Well I have only been fourmonths dead ... so I am still cutting my teeth.......

Oddwen 10-11-2004 06:58 PM

Something to say.

My deathday isn't until February 19th, but I wanted to announce another rather important (to me) milestone.

After a year, seven months, and twenty-one days, I have finally reached my 500th post.

I wish some of them could have been better spent, like in the books forum, but I am happy with what I have accomplished with my Death here.

I just wish I could speak my mind better...but anyway. Thank you to all of you who make the Barrowdowns what they are.

WONDERFUL.

The Only Real Estel 10-11-2004 08:19 PM

I would say congratulations, Oddwen, but now you're already on #501! :eek: ;)

Also, a happy death-day shout out to Thanwen; who, conincidently, joined on his/her's 20th birth-day.

NightKnight 11-05-2004 04:14 PM

I just thought of this, but I died about two weeks ago. Actually, it's exactly two weeks ago. A year on the 'Downs! Yay for me! :D

Meela 11-06-2004 08:49 AM

I celebrated my deathday without knowing this topic was here, but I guess I can still mention myself.
I joined the Barrowdowns three years ago this early August gone, although I didn't become a fully fledged forum-spirit until two years ago last month. Still, Happy Deathday to me, somewhat belatedly.
And Happy past Deathdays to all of you folks, may you haunt the Downs a considerable while longer.

Azaelia of Willowbottom 11-11-2004 07:08 AM

I died sometime around now, and thought I should post today because I will never remember on the actual day. So I died about three years ago, in November 2001. I had just read LOTR for the first time and I was in love with Middle-Earth. I happened across this site and thought it looked interesting. It didn't take me long to find the forum and I joined immediately. My post count is still very sad, especially when I see people who have been here for a shorter time and have many times my feeble count. My defence of myself is that it's quality, not quantity...
Anyway! Happy deathday to me!!! :)

Also right around now is my anniversary for reading LOTR for the first time, hooray! :D

HerenIstarion 11-11-2004 07:15 AM

Actually, your deathday ocurred on November 30, or so your user profile states :p

Nevertheless, Happy Deathday to you, many happy returns of the day of course, and really nice to see you sharing the joy with us :D

Azaelia of Willowbottom 11-11-2004 07:21 AM

:o Whoops. I just assumed that my death coincided with my reading of LOTR for the first time which would place it at right about now...Though Nov. 30 is right in the middle of the week, so I wouldn't be able to get online anyhow, because of school work (today I have no school!). Ah well, can you blame me for wanting to celebrate early? ;)

The Only Real Estel 11-11-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

My defence of myself is that it's quality, not quantity
And a very good defence it is. After all, it's the quality of the post that matters. :)

Nurumaiel 11-12-2004 12:35 PM

This day, two years ago, I joined the 'Downs. Alas, I forgot to check the clock to find the exact hour, minute, and second, but it was sometime in the evening.

So, a very happy Deathday to me. It's wonderful to think that I've been rotting for two full years.

Lhunardawen 11-12-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurumaiel
So, a very happy Deathday to me. It's wonderful to think that I've been rotting for two full years.

And gracefully so. Happy deathday! :)

Lindolirian 11-16-2004 09:02 AM

Three years for me today. It's rather nice... it also makes one think, "How long will this site go on, and how long will I be here? I long while I hope.:)
Today also marks one month from surgery on my leg which will have me laid up for a while, so I'll definitely be here more often and expecting great posts from you all to keep me from going out of my mind! ;)

Firefoot 12-03-2004 05:13 PM

I wish myself a very happy deathday today - one whole year. (Not much compared to some others, but a matter of pride for me nonetheless. ;) :D )

And now, for those of you who happen to know the song "Found a Peanut," (tune: "Clementine") I have revised the words for this special occaision. ;)

Found a Website

Found a website,
Found a website,
Found a website last year.
Last year I found a website,
Found a website lasty year.

I was careful,
I was careful,
I was careful last year
Last year I was careful
I was careful last year.

Died anyway,
Died anyway ,
Died anyway last year.
Last year I died anyway
Died anyway last year.

Started posting,
Started posting,
Started posting last year.
Last year I started posting
Started posting last year.

Got addicted,
Got addicted,
Got addicted last year.
Last year I got addicted
Got addicted last year.

So here I am,
So here I am,
So here I am right now.
Right now I am here
Here I am right now.

Fordim Hedgethistle 02-15-2005 04:08 PM

The late Fordim Hedgethistle

I've missed it by five days, but it's the thought that counts.

Happy Deathday to me
Happy Deathday to me
Happy Deathday
Happy Deathday
Happy Deathday to meeeeee.

One year dead, and loving it.

Assasin 02-16-2005 01:13 PM

shouldn't this be in Novices and Newcomers? so anyway, HAPPY DEATHDAY!!!!! I like newcomers, they're so innocent in the ways of the Barrows...

Encaitare 02-16-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

shouldn't this be in Novices and Newcomers?
Well, newcomers wouldn't be having deathdays.

*checks own join date* Come to think of it, I guess I won't be having one anytime soon either... :p

Mithalwen 02-16-2005 02:54 PM

What I want to know if I can contra off my time dead against my actual age and therefore never actually get any older? It would mean I could stop drinking the blood of young men, get that portrait out of the attic and spend less on the expensive unguents..... :p

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 02-16-2005 03:09 PM

Mithalwen, you frighten me!

Encaitare
, I could have sworn you'd been around longer.

my deathday is coming up soon enough... :)

and Happy belated deathday Fordim! And if I'm not mistaken, Fea's is around this time too.

Sophia

Assasin 02-17-2005 12:37 AM

my deathday is next year... I don't think I can wait that long. :p

Oddwen 02-17-2005 07:14 PM

In two days, I shall be a two-year-old corpse. Two of the best years of my life, they've been. :D

Mithalwen 02-27-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Mithalwen, you frighten me!
[B]

LOL.... me scary? Well maybe until I have had the first cup of caffeine... ;)

But Happy Deathday to Boromir88.......

wilwarin538 02-27-2005 12:48 PM

Happy deathday to Boro and any others. Mine isn't until June 15th, thats very far away. I plan to be a Ghost Prince of Cardolan by then. I'm almost a Shade of Carn Dum!!!!

Maeggaladiel 03-16-2005 01:22 PM

Hooray! Today's my deathday! And I'm celebrating with a science final exam in school! YAHOO--wait...

Amanaduial the archer 03-16-2005 03:52 PM

Foils! I appear to have missed my deathday by about two weeks! That having been said...well, a belated happy deathday to me! Rather shockingly it's my third - trust me to miss it.... :rolleyes:

Happy deathday, Maeggaladiel! Not a way of celebrating that I myself would have picked (;)) - good luck in your exams!

Elven Hunter 03-16-2005 05:34 PM

greetings!

Happy Deathday Yesterday Lhunardawen! and Happy Deathday to those who died today! :D

Lhunardawen 03-17-2005 04:42 AM

Thanks, Elven Hunter.

I missed greeting myself on my deathday by more than 24 hours. Just arrived from an out-of-town, pre-graduation, lots-of-sniffs-and-sobs-and-I'll-miss-yous seminar.

I pride on being 2 years (and a day) dead. And it took me almost that amount of time to become a Ghost Prince!!! But I promise a more active Downs participation effective June 2005. Yay! I'll be free from my prison! Woo-hoo! :D

EDIT: I can't believe we almost have the same deathday, Maeg. I guess that partly explains our common nearsightedness. ;) And what a great way to celebrate your deathday! :p

Maeggaladiel 03-18-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

I can't believe we almost have the same deathday, Maeg. I guess that partly explains our common nearsightedness
:cool: Hee. Happy late deathday, Lhun and Aman! Hope you had better celebrations than I did.

Mithalwen 03-18-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maeggaladiel
Hooray! Today's my deathday! And I'm celebrating with a science final exam in school! YAHOO--wait...

My birthday coincides with the UK exam season ..... so I can sympathise...

Rilwen Gamgee 03-31-2005 06:28 PM

Two years of death pass today!

Poor Rilwen's dead,
oh, poor Rilwen's dead...
She's lying in a barrow, oh so green...

:rolleyes:

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 04-17-2005 06:45 PM

RIP Sophia

Happy is she who has been in her barrow three years today.

That would be me. :)

Sporadic years, but count 'em. Three.

Evisse the Blue 04-18-2005 05:55 AM

Happy Deathday, Sophia! :)
I'll celebrate my three years of rotting in this barrow in July - and I plan to celebrate them by catching up on the threads that I'm ignoring now. :D

Lhunardawen 04-22-2005 09:18 PM

Good thing you've been back before your third year of decomposition, Sophia. ;) Belated happy deathday!