The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   If you were an Ent...? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5372)

Niphredil Baggins 08-08-2002 08:16 AM

If you were an Ent...?

If you were an Ent, what tree would you resemble or would like to resemble?

I would be like a silver-willow, because I have long hair and I like silver. Also because I "like" Old Man Willow... heh heh...

Lady_Báin 08-08-2002 09:48 AM

i would want to be an apple tree because uh.. they smell good er.... and they have the lovely blossoms at springtime.

ElfEarz 08-10-2002 11:21 PM

i'd like to be a weeping willow (spelling?) cuz their so pretty or a plum tree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The Fifth 08-11-2002 02:24 AM

I would be a pine tree. Tall, pretty, and the symbol of Christmas.

Dimaldaeon 08-11-2002 06:29 AM

I'd like to be an ash tree, but then i'd have to watch out for Irish people trying to chop me down and turn me into camanns.

suicidal elf chick 08-11-2002 06:38 AM

If I were an Ent, I should like to look like a willow, because they're pretty and it seems as if they're always sad, like me.

Telephirion 08-11-2002 08:42 AM

I would want to be a holm tree, which is (according to the dictionary) an evergreen oak with holly-like leaves. I would have dark bark and deep eye-sockets with a crooked nose.

ArwenBaggins 08-11-2002 04:09 PM

I would be a weeping willow or any kind of EverGreen.

And Dimaldaeon, Take it from an Irishwoman: We don't chop down ashes anymore....
much
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ms. Took 08-11-2002 11:50 PM

I'd want to be a weeping willow too. I think they are so pretty. Either that or a quaking aspen....

HerenIstarion 08-12-2002 06:58 AM

Pine tree. an I'd live somewhere on the rock near the sea

Davin 08-12-2002 08:15 AM

I wouldn't mind being any fruit bearing tree. Then I could just eat all the time....what fun!

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 08-12-2002 08:24 AM

In homage to Monty Python, I would like to be a Larch.

Galadel Vinorel 08-14-2002 09:42 PM

I'd like to be an Oak tree if I were an Ent. But, I remember Treebeard saying that all the Entwives were probally all gone, so where would that leave me? Am I dead, or am I just hiding? I wonder......... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

----------------

A friend believes in you, even when you have ceased to believe in yourself.

Aroaraniel 08-14-2002 09:45 PM

Either a willow tree, or a palm tree. Very differnt, I know, but I like those two trees because willow trees are pretty and palm trees remind me of warm, tropical places.

I like the name Quickbeam. Hehe...i'm 'hasty' as the ents would like to say..

HerenIstarion 12-27-2002 07:57 AM

and you? (yes, you, person reading this lines... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

good idea at the time 12-27-2002 08:22 AM

Well, alright, Heren Istarion, since you asked: a Holly. But I mean the tree, not the shrub. Holly trees are tall, smooth, slender, and have gray-white bark.

Maple would also be beautiful. The way their leaves change color is one of my favorite things.

I am ever-indecisive. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And thanks for asking!

busybee 12-27-2002 08:42 AM

I am already a Ent.I'm a Cherry Blossom tree......I think

mark12_30 12-27-2002 08:42 AM

I don't wanna BE an ent. I wanna CLIMB one, and be carried around the forest, and learn their secrets. And walk among the huorns, safely, under an ent's protection.

In the meantime, I am supposed to be planning a flet in my backyard. I said that last fall...

Having said all that... maple. Or Beech. Hmmm. Yes, Beech.

Too bad there's no such thing as a Huckleberry Ent. Equal time for minor shrubs!

Carlas 12-27-2002 08:56 AM

I would be either a weeping willow because the r so beautiful, or a birch because they seem so young compared to the other trees [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Nianna Telmnar 12-27-2002 09:07 AM

Well, were I live, there are all these beautiful oak trees. I love how they grow with such an aged beauty. Also, the oak tree is a symbol of wisdom. So I would be an oak.

(although i wouldn't make a very good ent. I'm terribly impatient! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Taure Leafsilver 12-27-2002 10:32 AM

I'd be a magnoilia. An evergreen with broad flat leaves instead of needles. The flowers are snow white and very big, and the seeds are blood red. They grow all up the street where I live, Magnoilia Lane.

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: Taure Leafsilver ]

Marsyas 12-27-2002 10:39 AM

If I were an Ent I would be banished or exiled or something because I talk all the time and I usually talk fairly fast. But, If I were an Ent I would be a Redwood tree. They are ancient and seem to be wise and they can stand through pretty much anything.

*~Marsyas~*

VanimaEdhel 12-27-2002 05:06 PM

What? No one has said "mallorn"?

I am a New Yorker, and I speak quickly for a New Yorker, apparently, so...I am probably way to fast to be an Ent...

Well, I went online to research trees (I'm weird, I know).

I was originally (before looking around) going to say "magnolia", but...now I think that I would be a Flowering Crabtree, a Flowering Dogtree or an Eastern Redbud. If I had to choose one...probably a Flowering Dogwood (a Cornus florida) with pink flowers...

There's a picture at This Tree Page I Found

dragoneyes 12-27-2002 06:07 PM

Oak, horse chesnut or weeping willow, all three have very fond memories...

Farrehn 12-28-2002 02:16 AM

I would be a madrona tree. They have red bark and they are never in a time of fall. they stay the same, shedding their leaves one at a time so that they always have leaves. They also shed their bark. For me that's like a symbol of everchanging or evergrowing. Nevering being wholy spend or 'burned out' and realizing new truths so that you can grow into a better person. so yeah . . . a Madrona [img]null[/img]

akhtene 12-28-2002 05:35 PM

I would probably be a Karelian birch, which is not as pretty as a common birch, being rather twisted and knobbly. But it has beautiful wood which looks like marble. And it grows a lot in our northern forests.