The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Admin Thread for WW LXXVIII: Yar Har Har and a Bottle o' Rum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=16608)

Paranoia 06-22-2010 07:35 PM

Admin Thread for WW LXXVIII: Yar Har Har and a Bottle o' Rum

Yes, this is going to be pirate themed.

Yes, I am encouraging piratey talk. I also encourage humor. Strongly.

I'm also noting a tweak in roles. Note that things are slightly different this time around; there will be only one investigative power on the field, one protective power, and one power with the potential for extra wolf deaths. What's in play at the start of the game can only be guessed at.

~Good~
(Investigative)
The Insomniac (tracker) - May select one matey each night to track each night, and will be told upon the night's end who the tracked visited.

The Psychic Pirate (i.e. seer) - May Select one person each night. Upon that night's end, they will be told whether or not the pirate in question is actually a fishman in disguise or not.

(Protective)
Doctor Stitches (Ranger) - May select one fellow pirate each night; if that pirate is targeted for the fishmen's kill, it will not go through. May not select the same person the following night.

Sword Fighter (body guard) - May protect one person each night. if they are selected for the night kill, they will be fought off with the following results. 50% of just a normal save occuring, 25% chance of a fishman dying, and a 25% that the bodyguard will die in place of the protected.

(Offensive)
The Red Queen (this name'll never change Izzy. You know this.) - The Red queen gets a single shot (or multiple depending on how many sign up for the game) day kill power. She may select one person during the day and that person will be instantly killed, regardless of votes. I will then reveal the alignment of the player after a short intermission. The red queen's powers are activated via proclaiming in thread "OFF WITH <NAME'S> HEAD!"

The Hunter - The hunter won't differ from a normal hunter, with the stipulation that the hunter starts off with multiple hunts should they die, and the number will decrease as the game goes along. The number will never be enough to ensure that the town will automatically lose upon their death.

And on the side of evil we have...

The Cultist (cobbler) - You worship the Fishmen as some sort of angel figure to your rather dark and rather nasty god, of which they could potentially be. As such, you are incredibly, fanatically loyal to them. Loyal enough to die for them. You will PM me each night with the name of someone you believe to be a Fishman. If that person would be lynched, you'll be lynched in their place.

The Fishmen (wolves) - Your goal is to commander this ship in the name of your unquestionably vile master. You also think you're pulling off the perfect disguise of humanity by smelling really fishy and looking some sort of haggard. Wait 'till you get to shore. One amongst the Fishmen will have a gifted ability blocking power; if I deem this too powerful it will be removed.

That should be everything...

EDIT: OH WAIT! Rules! Yarrrr the rules. The rules are the same ye' landlubbers are used to. Phases will be 24 hours. Roles will be handed out intermittently throughout night one, starting with the fishmen and ending with the Cultist. Edit: The game will start upon 12 signups; there is one last stipulation. I'm thinking the maximum number of players for this round is 12, unless there are objections. I also think smacking the mod until he remembers not to say something twice is a fair rule and is encouraged.

People who fail to vote twice in a row will be promptly keelhauled.

Me Hearties:
Zul
Nerwen
Blind Guardian
Rikae?
Macalaure?
Gilrdan
Wilwarin
Boromir
The Elf-warrior
Eönwë
Morsul the Dark
autume98
Shasta

Inziladun 06-22-2010 07:57 PM

Yarr, me hearty, g' ahead and gi' me a berth. I be doin' one more turn at this, then I be preparin' for me own game. ;)

Nerwen 06-22-2010 08:25 PM

Arr, Para ye can be givin' me a berth on yon ship too.

This be the third time I ha' shipped as a buccaneer.

The first time I were Queen o' the Sea, along o' me peerless treasure Shasty Althreduin, who were King o' the Corsairs o' Umbar. (We be keepin' up a runnin' gag along o' that to this very day.) 'Twas a fine victory over yon shriekin' lubbers o' Ringwraiths, that it were.

The next time I were navigator on yon ghost-ship o' Cap'n Black Death Brin's. That were a rum voyage, to be sure. *shakes head*

Inziladun 06-22-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 632663)
The next time I were navigator on yon ghost-ship o' Cap'n Black Death Brin's. That were a rum voyage, to be sure. *shakes head*

Yarr, I remember that 'un. I were the helmsman, and got caught by them scurvy Mutineers, who tied me t' the wheel.

Nerwen 06-22-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 632664)
Yarr, I remember that 'un. I were the helmsman, and got caught by them scurvy Mutineers, who tied me t' the wheel.

Aye, they was swabs, they was. That Teflon Wolf were the scurviest dog o' the whole crew . Keelhaulin' were too good fer the likes o' he!:mad:

Blind Guardian 06-23-2010 12:07 AM

Yar! Sign me up!

Nerwen 06-23-2010 12:17 AM

*slips back into normal English*

Para, shouldn't the Crow's Nest Lookout be an "investigative" rather than "protective" role?

Loslote 06-23-2010 01:01 AM

*whimpers and twitches* Want...to...play...

But I cannot. :( It looks like a good game, too...:(

Paranoia 06-23-2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 632670)
*slips back into normal English*

Para, shouldn't the Crow's Nest Lookout be an "investigative" rather than "protective" role?

Hmm... yes you'd be right. Alright, that'll change.

Rikae 06-23-2010 07:06 AM

I'll have to double check with him, but could you sign me and Macalaure up with question marks?

satansaloser2005 06-23-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 632681)
I'll have to double check with him, but could you sign me and Macalaure up with question marks?

Oh, that's just not fair....

Glirdan 06-23-2010 10:49 AM

Oooo, I need to get back into a game before modding....Sign me up me hearty!

Loslote 06-23-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 632681)

:eek: You've got to be kidding me! Is a Rikae...and is a Mac...gaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Okay, okay, I'm hushing...

Inziladun 06-23-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 632695)
:eek: You've got to be kidding me! Is a Rikae...and is a Mac...gaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Okay, okay, I'm hushing...

It's calling you, Lottie.

Come on, just one won't hurt....just a little game..... :p

Loslote 06-23-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 632697)
It's calling you, Lottie.

Come on, just one won't hurt....just a little game..... :p

It won't hurt me; I wouldn't be posting. :rolleyes: Unless the game doesn't start until the 10th (unlikely in the extreme) I shan't have Interwebs.

Isabellkya 06-24-2010 09:33 AM

Do you have a prospective DL ?

Eönwë 06-24-2010 02:38 PM

Depending on the DL, I may finally be able to play again.

Paranoia 06-24-2010 04:27 PM

Any where between 6 P.M. CST or Midnight CST. Maybe 1 A.M. CST; all really depends. I don't mind being flexible with it; just state the hours you'd like and I'll see if they'll work for me.

wilwarin538 06-24-2010 04:59 PM

I would like to sign up please! :D

Blind Guardian 06-24-2010 05:50 PM

OOOOOHHHHHHHH
Who lives in a glass bottle under the sea?
Piece o paper pants!
Who's coares and white and fragle as he!
Piece o paper pants!
Who fell off the deck and into the sea!
Piece o paper pants!
And there now he lives in the sea!!
Piece o paper pants!
Piece o paper pants!
Piece o paper pannnttttsss!!
Do don do do do don tiddy do!

~Jaci (Blind Guardian)

Boromir88 06-24-2010 09:33 PM

I'm comin' aboard this vessel! :smokin:

The Elf-warrior 06-25-2010 04:51 PM

Sign me up fer this here game of pirate werewolf. I be thinkin' I likes a deadline of 1am CST.

Rikae 06-25-2010 04:57 PM

Armpit pickle and vanilwuffin! Hooray!

:D

Paranoia 06-25-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 632798)

.... ............

Woopsies XD. Thanks to Rikae to I guess somehow pointing out something I missed. x_x

Rikae 06-25-2010 06:46 PM

That would be "Boro and Wilwa, hooray", Noia.

wilwarin538 06-25-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 632798)

Haha, yay!!!

I love pirate themes by the way, though I'm not that great at pirate talk, I'm still very excited!!!

Paranoia 06-26-2010 07:44 PM

Hmm... 9 people. I could start with this... but part of me would rather wait for 3 more. So I'll let you all decide. How many people think this is enough players for the game?

I may remove some roles just so things don't get ridiculous.

Blind Guardian 06-26-2010 07:57 PM

Hm, is there enough people? I'm mean 12 people avalible? If we could get 12 people I'd rather wait.

Inziladun 06-26-2010 09:19 PM

If you're going to have three Fishmen, I think a minimum of twelve players is in order.
Maybe give it another day or two, to see if there are any last minute signups?

Glirdan 06-26-2010 11:27 PM

I agree with Inzil, however, we should also bear in mind that school is now over for a lot of us which means vacationing with families will be occuring (ie. The Finns all here in North America on a month long visit), so we may only have the 9. It's your call Noia

Eönwë 06-27-2010 04:20 AM

Yarr! I think I be a-playin' now.

Morsul the Dark 06-27-2010 05:21 AM

I'm in

Blind Guardian 06-27-2010 09:32 AM

That makes 11. The way we're going we could be starting today :P

Paranoia 06-27-2010 05:57 PM

One more person. :D Glad I didn't start this sooner.

Inziladun 06-28-2010 01:31 PM

We need just one more person, hm? Anyone in a position to do a little "friendly" persuasion? ;)

Paranoia 06-28-2010 03:04 PM

Hmm... I haven't seen Shasta on AIM since Spies 8 started, and I think Izzy is having a few scheduling conflicts... so I'm left without an out.

Anyone else got any ideas? :(

Blind Guardian 06-28-2010 03:10 PM

I can create another account! So if I get lynched one Day one its not a big deal!

Paranoia 06-28-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Guardian (Post 632959)
I can create another account! So if I get lynched one Day one its not a big deal!

No clones. :P They always end with blood, tears, and the gnashing of teeth.

Pitchwife 06-28-2010 03:39 PM

I'd love to help out, and the roles'n'rules sound interesting, but - I had a serious discussion with my wife today about spending too much time at the computer, and I'd really like to get more things done in RL. So it wouldn't be a good idea - sorry. But good luck everybody, or as we say in German 'Mast- und Schotbruch'!

satansaloser2005 06-28-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 632963)
I'd love to help out, and the roles'n'rules sound interesting, but - I had a serious discussion with my wife today about spending too much time at the computer, and I'd really like to get more things done in RL. So it wouldn't be a good idea - sorry. But good luck everybody, or as we say in German 'Mast- und Schotbruch'!

Well we must keep Pitchwifewife's interests in mind too! Not everything is Werewolf, right? Right?

....Right? :rolleyes: